best NFL team

Thunder

best NFL team

Post by Thunder » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:00 am

i'm convinced it's the steelers of the '70's. not to take anything away from anybody else, but when i heard there were 22 players on all 4 Super Bowl teams of the 70's, which covered six years, that pretty much epitomizes the term "team" for me. they may not have been the best team for any one year, but i feel like that is an awesome stat for any team sport. to put it into perspective, if the Pats win sunday, it will be their fourth in seven years. FIVE players will have played on all four.
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Hard Heads

best NFL team

Post by Hard Heads » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:10 am

It's a completely different day and age with free agency and a salary cap. Impossible to compare the two era's. Me being a 49er fan I think they were much better all around then the Steelers. Just my opinion.
Hard Heads

Top Dawg

best NFL team

Post by Top Dawg » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:35 am

Giants looking to start a new string of wins. Eight rookies played for them. Some unlikely hero's on offense like Tyree, Smith and Boss. How about Tuck on defense..... Watch out. Eli even looks more confident than ever.

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Thunder

best NFL team

Post by Thunder » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:30 am

Originally posted by Hard Heads:

It's a completely different day and age with free agency and a salary cap. Impossible to compare the two era's. Me being a 49er fan I think they were much better all around then the Steelers. Just my opinion. yeah, i was a niner fan in the montana/young era. i just thought it was an awsome stat that so many steelers played so long together.
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"