Fantasy Football Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:51 am

I want to officially announce it here before everyone sees it in our second issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine. Because of the strong response we've received on the multi-city high stakes concept, we are definitely going to promote a National Fantasy Football Championship this fall. We will again host simultaneous live drafts in New York, Chicago and Las Vegas and possibly one more city, with the goal of attracting 600 teams at $1,250 per team and a grand prize of $200,000. We are still finalizing hotel and convention center sites in each city, but the goal is to have no events fee or hotel requirement in Chicago and New York, although there might be one in Las Vegas. We have contracted with the Flamingo and do have some obligations to uphold there at reasonable prices, but we'll work with every NFFC member on that.

The event will be held on Saturday, Sept. 4 with drafts being held at 1 p.m. in New York, noon in Chicago and 10 a.m. in Las Vegas. Just like for baseball, we will have a Welcome Reception on Friday, Sept. 3 in each city and Auction Leagues will also be offered that day in each city. We realize that the drafts are being held over Labor Day weekend, but we chose to do that because we wanted the drafts to be held after all pre-season games are finished but before any regular season games are played. Thus we will be drafting before the Thursday, Sept. 9th opener.

We are also confident that we will attract national sponsorship for football and plenty of extras for our attendees. The NFFC will also be licensed by the NFL Players Association and the site and game will be managed by STATS, Inc.

I want to reassure everyone that this announcement will not detract in any way our commitment to baseball. We have a full editorial, sales and show staff here at Krause Publications and other employees will take more of the lead roles in football who aren't as involved in baseball. It's just a natural progression for us as the concept makes as much sense for football as it does for baseball, maybe more.

For more information, contact me at [email protected]. It's time for baseball, but we're ready to become a multi-city, multi-sport provider.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hoosier Hick

Post by Hoosier Hick » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:03 am

I'm very glad to hear that there will be a NFFC. Having been a co-owner last year in the Wcoff, I really like the format. But, while I really love Vegas, Chicago is a much better option for me, living in Indiana, for Fantasy football. Not that Vegas isn't great, and there will still be trips to Vegas but there is enough to do in vegas without having to draft there. I expect the NFFC to do extremely well. I would hope that all teams competing in the baseball league would have first shot to be assured a spot in football. Maybe 1 week before it opens to all other participants? Anyways, looking forward to baseball and football. I suspect there are a few others who will lose their 100.00 dollar deposit for the wcoff. I guess if we win baseball we could do both. ;)

[ February 20, 2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Hoosier Hick ]
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

Bama

Post by Bama » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:35 pm

Ill put a vote in for New Orlens as another possible city for us that live in SouthEast

Legend7

Post by Legend7 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:25 pm

My vote for the southeast city is Orlando ...got a lot to do in that town...
Build it and they will come...

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:14 am

Chicago is near me but there's nothing like Vegas!!! :D :cool:
Never do card tricks for the people you play Poker with...