Ken Magner Is No. 1 NFFC Signup

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:27 am

I just wanted to let all NFBC members know that our National Fantasy Football Championship site is live and we are taking registrations right now (www.fantasyfootballchampionship.com). In fact, Ken Magner of Freehold, N.J., became our first official signup last night as he signed up to compete in the NFFC New York draft as well as the NFFC's Auction League and Draft Masters League. Welcome aboard Ken and best of luck in the hunt for the $200,000 grand prize.

I also wanted to let people know that we are offering three contests the weekend of Sept. 3-4 in New York, Las Vegas and Chicago. We are offering a Draft Masters League with drafts starting at 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 3 in each city, an Auction League that starts at 6 p.m. on Sept. 3 in each city and then the NFFC draft on Saturday, Sept. 4th. The NFFC draft will start at 1 p.m. at the New York Hilton, Noon at the Oakbrook Marriott in Chicago and 10 a.m. at the Flamingo in Las Vegas.

Cost of entry is $1,250 for the NFFC and $600 for the Auction League and $600 for the Draft Masters League. The NFFC offers $5,000 first place league prizes and a $200,000 grand prize. The Auction Leagues and Draft Masters Leagues just have individiual league prizes (no grand prize), with first place in each 14-team league set at $4,000. All three contests field 14-team leagues.

Quick rules for the two new contests:

Auction Leagues: Each team has an imaginary $200 to acquire 20 players. Head-to-head competition for 13 weeks with six teams qualifying for the playoffs. Head-to-head over Weeks 14-16, with the Super Bowl in Week 16.

Draft Masters League: Each team drafts 24 players and the computer picks an optimal lineup of starters after the results are finished. Each team accumulates those optimal lineup points for 16 weeks and the team in each league with the most points wins the title. Payout is for the top three teams in each league.

We will post a special offer for NFBC members soon, so watch for that. Best of luck everyone in baseball, but remember that another high stakes contest is right around the corner.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:57 am

I'd have done the auction if it wasn't head to head. I'm still thinking about the masters computer deal. I'd really have liked the auction though. Maybe I'll just save the money for baseball next year. Thats where the the hard core players are at anyway. Dyv, I see your kissing up for football already. :-0

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:03 am

Yeah, I think the goal was to offer a lot of different formats so that everyone could find a game or games they like. Although the Auction Leagues are head-to-head, we are allowing six teams in the playoffs, with the two divisional leaders receiving first-round byes. But if you don't like that format, the Draft Masters League with just total scoring over 16 weeks is the one for you.

We'd love to have you in the NFFC, John, you know that. And maybe you and Dyv will end up in the same league again. Now you boys play nice in the NFBC AL Auction League, ya hear me? ;) ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:05 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

I'd have done the auction if it wasn't head to head. I'm still thinking about the masters computer deal. I'd really have liked the auction though. Maybe I'll just save the money for baseball next year. Thats where the the hard core players are at anyway. Dyv, I see your kissing up for football already. :-0 LOL, love ya John ;)

D
Just Some Guy