Check Out The KP Experts League Draft 1

Tom Kessenich

Check Out The KP Experts League Draft 1

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon May 17, 2004 4:03 am

With the first issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine due on newsstands in about a month, here’s a sneak peak at the first KP Experts League Draft of the year. This year’s KP Experts Draft consisted of Nate Ravitz of RotoTimes.com; Paul Charchian of Fanball.com; Adam Caplan of footballinjuries.com; John Hansen of FantasyGuru.com; Gregg Rosenthal of Rotoworld.com; Greg Ambrosius of Fantasy Sports Magazine; Matt Pitzer of USA Today Sports Weekly; Tom Kessenich of Fantasy Sports Magazine; Matthew Berry of TalentedMrRoto.com; William del Pilar of KFFL.com; Jeff Erickson of Rotowire.com and Eric Karabell of ESPN.com.

Let’s take a look at the rules for this league. There were 12 teams drafting 15 players each. The mandatory starting positions were one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one flex position (RB, WR or TE), one tight end, one kicker and one defense.

The scoring broke down as follows: passing TDs: 4 points/2 points for 2-point conversions; rushing/receiving TDs: 6 points/2 points for 2-point conversions; 1 point/10 yards rushing & receiving; 1 point/25 yards passing; defensive TDs: 6 points; special teams TDs: 6 points; FGs: 3 points (30-39 yards), 4 points (40-49), 5 points (50+); extra points: 1 point; safety: 2 points; interceptions/fumble recoveries: 2 points for defense; sacks: 1 point for defense; 4 points for defensive shutout; 3 points for allowing 2-6 points; 2 points for allowing 7-10 points and 1 point for allowing 11-14.

Here is a round-by-round look at the draft with comments about my selection.

1:1 PRIEST HOLMES RB KC

1:2 LADAINIAN TOMLINSON, RB, SD

1:3 CLINTON PORTIS, RB, WASH

1:4 DEUCE MCALLISTER, RB, NO

1:5 AHMAN GREEN, RB, GB

1:6 JAMAL LEWIS, RB, BAL.

1:7 SHAUN ALEXANDER, RB, SEA

1:8 EDGERRIN JAMES, RB, IND

1:9 RICKY WILLIAMS, RB, MIA

1:10 DOMANICK DAVIS, RB, HOU

1:11 RANDY MOSS, WR, MIN

1:12 MARSHALL FAULK, RB, STL

Round 1 analysis: Get used to seeing the top seven because I don’t envision anyone cracking that list barring an injury. KFFL took Domanick Davis at 10 for the second time in an expert’s draft. It wasn’t as much of a surprise seeing it the second time around, but it’s still a shock to see Davis go that high.

Kessenich's pick: Picking eighth, I knew the elite RBs would be gone so I had my choice of Edge or Ricky Williams. I see little difference between the two this season, but I gave Edge a slight nod since he’s in the more potent offense.

To see the rest of the draft and my analsyis of each round and my picks, go to http://www.collect.com/interest/article ... B&id=11165
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich