Curious what is your take on Gov. Spitzer Bombshell today?

GoBabyGo

Post by GoBabyGo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:29 am

Doesn't soun to good, might sound like a cover story for more war to me? Oil jumped t $108.00 a barrell. Something is up imho. Any thoughts?
GoBabyGo

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 am

Originally posted by GoBabyGo:

Doesn't soun to good, might sound like a cover story for more war to me? Oil jumped t $108.00 a barrell. Something is up imho. Any thoughts? Let's move this to the non-baseball chat forum, ok? We'll keep things NFBC-related in here. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

GoBabyGo

Post by GoBabyGo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:38 am

Sorry do not post much and missed this sub forum.
GoBabyGo

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 am

Sorry do not post much and missed this sub forum. No need to apologize. I just want the main folder to NFBC-related topics primarily.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:48 am

Doesn't soun to good, might sound like a cover story for more war to me? Oil jumped t $108.00 a barrell. Something is up imho. Any thoughts? Power in politics leads to self-rightousness and hypocritical behavior in most people, regardless of their affiliations. The only way to reduce the detrimental impact of power-drunk politicians is to reduce the scope of govenment (reduce its funding). The ONLY way.

Spitzer and the price of oil have about as much of a connection as I do with the President of Iceland.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 am

kj- ya that was the biggest reach i think i have ever seen in the logic category. how about throwing a few of these people in jail. although it really hasn't helped much in illinois. i think 3 of the last 5 governors have ended up there and the current one could be going next.

The Mighty Men

Post by The Mighty Men » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:06 am

My take - no one is immune from the 7 deadly sins. He prosecuted lust, trumpeted his accomplishment (pride) when he broke up a prostitution ring about two years ago, and then fell victim to it (lust).
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:13 am

Originally posted by headhunters:

kj- ya that was the biggest reach i think i have ever seen in the logic category. how about throwing a few of these people in jail. although it really hasn't helped much in illinois. i think 3 of the last 5 governors have ended up there and the current one could be going next. They protect their own HH - its hard to get these guys tossed in jail, though more are getting busted "cold" in the email era. The thing is, they they may get caught for something meaningless, but there are probably 50 things far worse for which they didn't.

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Since i live here in NYC this news took us all by surprise (and ruined all our work for the afternoon), but i have to say that he was also very much self aggrandizing. I feel bad for his wife and family. I also feel sorry for my friend's college age son who was a big time fan and led the 'young people for spitzer' org in westchester. They even had the spitzers over at their house for a fund raiser.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Screw Spitzer.

He and his anti-gambling BS.

Fraud.

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

GoBabyGo

Post by GoBabyGo » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:13 am

Maybe, I SURE HOPE I AM 100% WRONG on THIS, That the Spitzer story might be cover for the next war about to start with imho IRAN.

Just moments ago Admiral Fallon, resigned. This was a man who was against any type of pre-emptive war. This man is a patriot and stand up for what he believes is right. Now this might open the door for these crazy warmongers, sad day.

****://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080311/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/fallon_resigns
GoBabyGo