2009 March Madness Pool

Just Russ

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by Just Russ » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:50 am

This Contest is approved by Greg.

Cover the Spread Pool

The rules are simple. This pool gives everyone the chance to win even if you draw a low seed! If your team covers the point spread, you move on. Example: You have the #15 seed, if they cover the spread against the #2, you move on with the #2 seed. If the #2 seed wins and covers the spread, then their owner moves on with them.

If the official point spread is an even number, then the the will be moved 0.5 point to make sure there is a winner. Ex. Team A is favored by 12, then the line will be 12.5.

If the game is a pick'em or zero point spread, then the winner will advance.

Some seeds could change owners more than once throughout the tournament!

We'll use the Wednesday posted morning line @ http://www.betus.com/ as the official line.

Entry Fee is $20 per pick. Multiple entries allowed and encouraged.

Payout is 95%. Total prize pool is $1216.

Payouts:

Winner- $750

Runner Up- $250

Semi-final Losers- $108 each

If interested, please let me know and I'll update the thread. Please PM me for mailing address for checks. Paypal also accepted for Credit/Debit cards. Email me with questions [email protected]

Signups will be listed in a separate thread.

Thanks,

Russ
I just want to have fun.

CC's Desperados

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:10 am

Here is the rules to the best NCAA basketball pool I've been in. These guys had 300 entries last year. If you win the pool solo, it would be over $20,000 for a $115 entry fee.

You could start a smaller pool. It makes the tournament very exciting.

2008 "March Madness" Drop Dead Pool Based on it’s day to day action, the excitement of balancing the need to stay alive vs. keeping the top teams ‘til the end, and of course, the nature of the tourney itself, this pool is the most exciting of the year.

Rules:

1. Must pick one team each DAY of the tournament.

2. One loss you are out… you are also out if you do not have a team to pick on game day.

3. Cannot pick a team more than once

4. BUY-BACK option...day 1 only... If you lose with your first pick you can buy back in if there is a game to pick after your loss (same 115 fee). You can buy back in as many times as you want on the 1st day as long as there is a game to pick.

5. Prize distribution…

 250 bonus if you make it to “final four” with a team remaining

 winner…….75% of balance

 runner up…25% of balance

 note…winner(s) and runner up(s) do not receive the 250 bonus

 Winner is last person standing!!

 Note: If 2 or more people are still alive and only one has a team remaining, the one with the team remaining is the winner.

1. Entry fee….. 115 100- to pool

15- administrative fee

To Enter…You must enter via email no later than midnight March 19... provide your

1. full name…2. pool nickname…3. sponsor...and 4. e-mail address

Please enter ASAP…the earlier the better…the first day is extremely hectic…can’t send out the 1st day summary until all the info for each player is inputted. Please note that a detailed list of everyone’s picks will be sent daily starting when there are 8 teams left (day 7).

Daily submissions, providing only your nickname and pick, must be via email and received no later than 11:30 A.M. on Game day. Please do not enter unless you are committed to getting your picks in on time. If you are late you will be eliminated. Do not wait until the last minute…get your daily picks in as early as possible.

e-mail address-

Problems/issues must be e-mailed directly or processed through your sponsor.

Sponsors are responsible for the entrance fees of their sponsored participants.

[ February 16, 2009, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

CC's Desperados

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by CC's Desperados » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:18 am

Along those lines, I played in football pool a few years back that I thought very interesting. You would need someone to set up the web site or maybe office pools could handle it.

When you have your football handicaping pool, you have people just doubling up trying to build a lead. With this pool, more teams would be in the hunt longer. Let me know what you think.

1. We use Wednesday’s USA Today lines, except if there are Thursday games, in which case we use Tuesday’s USA Today lines.

2. Every week you will pick five teams with the point spread. Games that have “No Line” cannot be picked and will be counted as a loss if selected. You will assign a point value to each of the five teams you selected. The point values are 20, 10, 10, 5, and 5 points. If you pick every team correctly you will receive +50 points (20+10+10+5+5), conversely if you pick every team incorrectly you will receive –50 points.

3. The Monday night game is a key game in the pool. Every Monday night game carries a mandatory 10-point bet. However, if you win points on Sunday, you can let all of the points you won “ride” on the Monday night game (plus the mandatory 10). For example, if you win 20 points on Sunday, you can bet 30 points on Monday (the 20 you won on Sunday plus the 10-point mandatory bet) If you win the Monday night game, you win 50 points (20 from Sunday, plus the 30 from Monday). If you lose, you lose 10 points (+20 from Sunday –30 from Monday).

4. The entry fee for the pool is $450. The prize break down is as follows: 1st place gets 65% of the total prize pool. 2nd place gets 15% of the prize pool, 3rd place gets 10% and last place gets 10%. Don’t kid yourself; it’s just as hard to pick losers as it is to pick winners. A small portion of the entry fee will be taken to cover web site maintenance and development. Total prize amounts will be available after week two. THE ENTRY FEE IS DUE BEFORE WEEK TWO . IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR PAYMENT IN BEFORE WEEK TWO, YOUR PICKS WILL NOT COUNT AND YOU WILL REMOVED FROM THE POOL.

Just Russ

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by Just Russ » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:35 am

Shawn,

Thanks for posting those concepts. I'll look at those down the road.

Now, maybe you can consider hopping into my contest.
I just want to have fun.

Tax Man

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by Tax Man » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 am

Hey CC - is there usually just one winner or do a bunch of people tie?

captain

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by captain » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 am

We have a great pool in California that we have been doing for 10 years and it is done like a fantasy serpentine draft.

You pick 10 players only and you get their individual points for each game played.

Thus is you get pick number 1 and you take Tyler Hansborough from North Carolina you accumulate all of his points throughout the tournament.

It has been a blast playing in this tourney..

Chris

CC's Desperados

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:44 am

Originally posted by Tax Man:

Hey CC - is there usually just one winner or do a bunch of people tie? It seems like a four or five teams make it to the championship game with one team alive. I think two years ago Quahogs won $6000 in the pool so I think three people split 1st. Last year I was knocked out and didn't follow it as close. I think there were 300 entries whick included rebuys.

[ February 18, 2009, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

CC's Desperados

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:46 am

Originally posted by captain:

We have a great pool in California that we have been doing for 10 years and it is done like a fantasy serpentine draft.

You pick 10 players only and you get their individual points for each game played.

Thus is you get pick number 1 and you take Tyler Hansborough from North Carolina you accumulate all of his points throughout the tournament.

It has been a blast playing in this tourney..

Chris This sounds interesting. How many teams enter the pool?

captain

2009 March Madness Pool

Post by captain » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Hey Shawn:

In our particular league we have 16. But you can do as little as 10 if you wanted to.