A little comedy from JON STEWART ripping CNBC

GoBabyGo

Post by GoBabyGo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:03 am

Classic I think you should all find this funny.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index ... oId=220252
GoBabyGo

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:37 am

of course it's classic, Jon Stewart (and Colbert) are funniest guys on tv.

I'm abit confused though...aren't you (gobabygo) the guy (who in another thread) said that Santelli,"is the only one worth his salt on CNBC".

WTF?
Always be closing.

GoBabyGo

Post by GoBabyGo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:02 pm

I did and love Santelli, fast forward to after the Santelli part and watch how JS exposes Cramer and CNBC for their great calls.(Yet finally someone called them out) I will say it again Santelli is the only one worth watching on CNBC. He has been right. Santelli even bashed Cramer on Air not to long ago (youtube it Santelli v Cramer).

I just put it for comedy.

These people have got it right over the past year or so whether you believe it or not.

1) Gerald Celente

2) Bob Chapman

3) Noriel Roubini

4) Meredith Whitney

5) Jim Rogers

6) Marc Faber

7) Robbie Noel

8) Karl Denninger

9) Rick Santelli

10) Louise Yamada

Forgot to add

11) Peter Schiff

12) Ron Paul (Da Man how can I forget RP!)

to name some.

[ March 05, 2009, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: GoBabyGo ]
GoBabyGo

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Why isn't my name on your list GoBaby, and my partners, and many of the smart guys I talk to in the investment business? Do I/they need to be on TV to be right? :(

There were many who saw this financial sector/ consumer sector trainwreck coming.

[ March 05, 2009, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

Why isn't my name on your list GoBaby, and my partners, and many of the smart guys I talk to in the investment business? Do I/they need to be on TV to be right? :(

There were many who saw this financial sector/ consumer sector trainwreck coming. KJ, I agree with you more than the dooms-day crowd. But I wouldn’t say you have been on the mark lately. On Feb 11th you were saying that we are in the beginning of a “stealth” bull market. The Dow was at 7900+ that day. Sometime after that you said you have been selling in part because of Obama’s announced tax plan. This is the same plan that he has been talking about for over a year. It couldn't have been a surprise to you.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:01 pm

Originally posted by rucrew2:

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

There were many who saw this financial sector/ consumer sector trainwreck coming. KJ, I agree with you more than the dooms-day crowd. But I wouldn’t say you have been on the mark lately. On Feb 11th you were saying that we are in the beginning of a “stealth” bull market. The Dow was at 7900+ that day. Sometime after that you said you have been selling in part because of Obama’s announced tax plan. This is the same plan that he has been talking about for over a year. It couldn't have been a surprise to you.
[/QUOTE]Yes, I reversed course after a few days (were the dooms-dayers right when the market rallied big from mid-Dec thru early Jan? ;) ). Much of the detail of Obama's plan was a surprise, as has been the complete incompetence of Geithner. That changed my view in the short-term, and the market has been cratering ever since. Still think the market is poised for a stealth rally, but we won't see it until the Administration wakes up. I hope it is soon.

That aside, I have been writing about the developing housing and consumer problem since 2004, and we have been positioned for the unwinding in these sectors since 2006. I guess I would make the case that shifting around a few hundred million dollars to backup your expectations shows more conviction than posting videos on youtube. We lost a major, major client back in '06 because they believed we were wrong to be in energy rather than having at least 30%-40% of their portfolio in financial stocks like nearly every other manager out there. That's why we're near the top of the charts for relative performance against our peers, in spite of depressing absolute returns over the last 8 months. (And we destroyed Peter Schiff's returns based on what the Wall Street Journal said of his performance last year).

[ March 05, 2009, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

quote:Originally posted by rucrew2:

quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

[/QUOTE]Yes, I reversed course after a few days (were the dooms-dayers right when the market rallied big from mid-Dec thru early Jan? ;) ). Much of the detail of Obama's plan was a surprise, as has been the complete incompetence of Geithner. That changed my view in the short-term, and the market has been cratering ever since. Still think the market is poised for a stealth rally, but we won't see it until the Administration wakes up. I hope it is soon.

That aside, I have been writing about the developing housing and consumer problem since 2004, and we have been positioned for the unwinding in these sectors since 2006. I guess I would make the case that shifting around a few hundred million dollars to backup your expectations shows more conviction than posting videos on youtube. We lost a major, major client back in '06 because they believed we were wrong to be in energy rather than having at least 30%-40% of their portfolio in financial stocks like nearly every other manager out there. That's why we're near the top of the charts for relative performance against our peers, in spite of depressing absolute returns over the last 8 months. (And we destroyed Peter Schiff's returns based on what the Wall Street Journal said of his performance last year).
[/QUOTE]Very nice. An honest, professional self-evaluation.

You may not have been 100% correct during all the money/economy/stock market ‘debates’ over the last two months, but I respect your opinion and what you have to say. Please continue doing what your doing.
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Did you see this?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episod ... eId=220533

I'm liking Jon Stewart more and more.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 am

New video for you springtime stock market bears ....

miss the bull market?