Cutler to Bears

Return of the Aces

Cutler to Bears

Post by Return of the Aces » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 am

A bit of a surprise. My initial thought was that his fantasy value will go down a little.

Bullgod

Cutler to Bears

Post by Bullgod » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:17 am

As a Bears season ticket holder all I can say is YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pat Sorge

Frozen Tundra

Cutler to Bears

Post by Frozen Tundra » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:36 am

The Bears GM should be fired for this.

Not only he is parting with a tough kid who showed very nice progress last year, but he's giving up two first rounders who would have helped tremendously that offensive line or the nonexistent receiving corps. Cutler - a lot of things do not convince me about that guy. His lack of professionalism, attitude problems (what has he won?) and really nothing else but a strong arm (was Cutler that great or Marshall and Royal just superior receivers?) are too many question marks to warrant that price.

With that price, the Bears could have acquired Boldin or another prime receiver, or they could have gone after Crabtree. This sets em back years...
"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
-Albert Einstein

Bullgod

Cutler to Bears

Post by Bullgod » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:11 am

The Bears have historically drafted bad offensive players in the 1st round (Benson,Grossman,Salaam,Terrell,oh did I mention Benson!) so they lost the chance to get someone good. Just the chance, but there would be the guarantee of a big fat contract for both 1st rounders. Now they can give Cutler some of that and maybe pickup a Torry Holt? I can't say they gave up too much because we haven't seen Cutler but for 3 years on a bad Denver team. Orton, you can have him. He is a nice QB to "manage" a game but c'mon this is 2009 the consistently good teams do not have QB's that manage the game any longer. Before he puts on a Bears jersey he is already the most talented Qb in Bears history! Sure there are glaring holes in other places but with free agency what it is now you can address those needs. Also as bad as they are at drafting in the 1st round, Angelo does find some pretty good players later in the draft. Hey atleast if we're down in the second half we have a chance now!
Pat Sorge

DenverDan

Cutler to Bears

Post by DenverDan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:37 am

The sportswriters in Chicago will eat Cutler up. As soon as they start writing the cold hard truth about Cutler and his performance his fragile as glass ego will become bruised and he will want to be traded somewhere else where he is more appreciated.

Very good haul for the Broncos on paper, and with a coach who seems to inspire QB's But lets see what they do in the draft.