NFFC Slow Draft #1, Starting Immediately

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 13, 2009 3:08 am

Okay, it's time to officially kick off the NFFC drafting season and this year we'll do it with Slow Drafts on MockDraftCentral.com. These leagues will be Draft Champions League formats where you draft your teams this off-season and then let the computer run your starting lineup for 16 weeks. It's total points from your best players and the teams with the most points wins the assigned prizes.

We will run these leagues as soon as they fill. We will of course use KDS/3RR for each league and we'll go 36 rounds to give you your money's worth. These are good preparation drafts for the season ahead, but I'm sure each of you believe you can win each of these leagues, too.

So I'll post three different formats here and all you have to do is list your name on this thread and we'll get the season going. I'll create a signup link on the Registration link soon, but for now just sign up here and let's get it filled. Thanks all.

Here's the concept: 14 owners, 36 rounds, no FAAB during the season. We will run Slow Draft, Draft Champions Leagues at $125 per team, $250 per team and $375 per team. Prize structures are listed below.

MockDraftCentral.com will set up the league site as soon as we fill up a league and e-mail everyone that the draft is ready to go. You will be notified of each pick via e-mail, so get ready for a lot of e-mails and when you are on the clock you have 12 hours to make a pick. Be ready to pick and this should be a LOT of fun.

$125 NFFC Draft Champions Slow Draft League No. 1

On MockDraftCentral.com starting when league fills

$125 Entry Fee, Pay $1,400 or 2010 NFFC main event free entry to 1st Place Finisher

1. Billy Wasosky

2. Joe Conte

3. Tom Yates

4. Rob Benetti

5. Bill Cleavenger

6. Wayne Ellis

7. Wayne Prosser

$250 NFFC Draft Champions Slow Draft League No. 1

$250 Entry Fee, Pay $1,400 or 2010 NFFC main event free entry to 1st Place Finisher and 2nd Place Finisher

1. Tom Yates

2. Joe Conte

$375 NFFC Draft Champions Slow Draft League No. 1

$375 Entry Fee, Pay $1,400 or 2010 NFFC main event free entry to Top 3 Finishers

1. Mark Moyer

2. Tom Yates

3. Glenn Lowy

[ May 14, 2009, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed May 13, 2009 3:35 am

greg

put me down for the $125 league.

thanks

bill cleavenger
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed May 13, 2009 3:45 am

I may join GG in a football sabattical this season; foremost baseball just is the superior game, among other reasons. ;)

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Wed May 13, 2009 3:49 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

I may join GG in a football sabattical this season; foremost baseball just is the superior game, among other reasons. ;) If I wasn't having a junior in August, I'd be playing.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 13, 2009 5:38 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

I may join GG in a football sabattical this season; foremost baseball just is the superior game, among other reasons. ;) I'll go to Vegas and bet that both KJ and GG will be playing football this year. Maybe not with us, but they will be in. ;) Football season wouldn't be the same without some skin in the game. :D

GG Jr will be born in plenty of time to whip up some Cheat Sheets in late August and win on the whim. Plus there's a lot of late-night rocking that needs to be done in August when a guy is doing some valuable research. As for KJ, once he gets in an NFFC Slow Draft or three, he will be hooked for football. And besides, I know he needs a Las Vegas vacation around Labor Day weekend with some old friends. :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Disposable Heroes

Post by Disposable Heroes » Fri May 15, 2009 12:54 am

Put me down for the $375 league Greg. Seems like a good start to the fantasy football season. I also have a junior on the way. That's why I must play fantasy football. How else am I gonna afford day care??