Michael Jackson a Step Back !

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:35 am

Today the news channels are covering the Michael Jackson funeral. The fight over who can attend and who can get their face on the news is crazy. He lived a charmed life. Mean while many Black Americans have lost their lives defending our great country. You’ll never see a show built up for them from Hollywood and our news programs. It’s a sad day for those families that lost their sons and daughters. Think about those that served while you watch the B.S. about Michael Jackson today.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:32 am

When it comes to the news, I turn a deaf ear. I "Gekko" it and not watch. The news I receive either come from headlines on my homepage or from friends and family. Paul Simon wrote, "I get all the news I need from the weather reports".

The media changed. The news isn't the star. The media themselves want to be the star. That lost me. They've become a mass Access Hollywood. They think we care about Michael Jackson. There are some people who do care. I feel most people took his passing much the same as being informed that the cable tv will be out for a few hours.

The guy has only made news during the last 10 years for molesting kids and yet there are said to be millions that will "miss him".

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were in a homepage headline of mine in regards to Jackson. Jackson thumbed his nose at his heritage. He whitened his skin, he straightened his hair.

Sharpton and Jackson are no better than tele-evangelist trying to capitalize on anything that comes into their realm.

We see Sharpton and Jackson when a black criminal has been shot by police. We see Sharpton and Jackson when famous and rich black people die. They are like pirahna, feeding on, and in, the name of black people, but only if there is a camera around.

They see themselves as part of a solution, now, they are a big part of a problem.

The day Obama was elected was the signal that Sharpton and Jackson were no longer needed in their positions. But yet here they are, capitalizing on a "tragedy".

Wow, did I get off base there....

Anyway, John, I won't be going out of my way thinking of Michael Jackson or fallen soldiers or anybody today if I can help it. Tomorrow, I go to a funeral for three friends who were involved in a head-on collision.

They were good people that have been family friends for years.

There will be tears of grief over losing people that will truly be missed in our lives. Real people, who touched our lives on a day-to-day basis. These are the important people in our lives.

I'm probably off base for some. If I am, I apologize.

[ July 07, 2009, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:18 am

Dan,

My deepest sympathies for your loss.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:31 am

Dan, I'm sorry.

[ July 07, 2009, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Walla Walla ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:22 am

Nope Dan...you hit it right on the nose.

Modern media creates FAME out of acting ability, or musical ability, or athletic ability, or power figures...yet all of the above AT BEST would give you an autograph and 30 seconds of "get this over with, I'll NEVER remember you" conversation.

People we interact with that give and take and look forward to interaction with us and us with them...those are the ones to be missed.

I hope your presence at the funeral comforts the family of the lost friends.

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 am

Thanks Wayne and John and Lance.

Things haven't been the same in my world since hearing the news.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

Thanks Wayne and John and Lance.

Things haven't been the same in my world since hearing the news.

Your thoughts are appreciated. I almost didnt even read the thread because I thought it was more blather about... yeah him.

Spot on dough. But my thoughts go out to you and those families. :(

Cseitl

Post by Cseitl » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:41 am

You hit it square on, I couldn't agree more.

Even though I do not know you, I enjoy reading your writing, and laughing at dialogue baseball fans truly enjoy. However, a loss of three friends is something that no words can remedy.

All the best to you and their families.