Traveling to D.C. anyone have a recommendation?

Bullgod

Post by Bullgod » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:04 am

Hey guys...I've Yelped it and Facebooked it and am not sure. I'm going to D.C. with the wife and kids in June to see the sites for four or five days (then on to Cooperstown from there :D :D :D )

I've looked at the hotels on the internet and they all look fine. I've read reviews and can't decide which hotel to stay at. I've had some bad experiences booking online and then you get there and wonder what hotel they took pictures of and put on their website.

At this point my first pick is the River Inn. Does anyone have any knowledge of the hotels in D.C.? I know not to stay on the south or east sides and I've heard people say the Metro is the way to get around town so I'm not stuck on being right next to the National Mall. The budget is not to spend $500/night on hotels either. Something moderate but not cheap where a family can stay comfortably hopefully with some restaurants close by.

So if anyone lives there or has traveled there recently please help a (NFBC) brother out!

Thanks in advance!

Pat Sorge
Pat Sorge

roundmann

Post by roundmann » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Stay in Rockville, MD. Less expensive than DC, but not by much. Easy access to metro. Lots of Restaurants(decent ones), shopping, other stuff.

Silver Spring, MD would be second choice. Lots of restaurants, many cultures. Two or three decent hotels. Close to Metro as well.

PS. I live in Rockville and work in Silver Spring,

Bullgod

Post by Bullgod » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:59 am

Thanks I'll take a look at those two options. Any hotel suggestions?
Pat Sorge