We, The People

DOUGHBOYS

We, The People

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:34 am

I am not a political guy. Like the Paul Simon song says, 'I get all the news I need on the weather report'.
I do not read newspapers, I do not go to news sites or listen to them on radio.
It was in the 80's when starting this. I was so disenchanted with the way our American system was, that it was my way of not being a part of the travesty.

In my estimation, our political and judicial system is broke and there is nobody or group around that is capable of fixing either of them.
John Adams would do a 180 in his grave if looking at our system today.
His plan was to have politicians represent us, the people.
They don't.
They represent themselves, first in hopes of being re-elected.
We don't even come in second, their party has the funds to obtain their first goal
'Us' has no representation.
We're just the schmo's who decide which of these bastards will do the least to hurt us while in office.

I'll come to the point, because no doubt there are several views like mine online somewhere.
I was thinking today, that John Adams did not have the technology we have today.
So, I have a new plan.
A plan that'll never come to be, because any plan now involves politicians, and they vote down anything that does not benefit them.

So, here is my pie in the sky plan.
Eliminate almost all politicians.
It sounds revengeful, but it's not.
What John Adams had in mind is for, we, the people to be represented.
Afterall, ALL of us could not go to Washington DC to vote on bills.
NOW WE CAN!
Through the internet.
Each bill would come to our homes in the morning and we would vote or miss votes like our politicians do now.
Over a cup of joe, we could peruse what needs voted on, vote, and head off to work
If we want to bring up a bill, like politicians do, there would be a site for that.
90% fewer politicians.
No parties.
No politicians siphoning tax payers money.
No pork.
No shit.
And, we get our voice back.

Sure, it would leave duties for the President and a few other politicians.
But the bulk of the work would go back to the folks that modern day politicians could care less about, and in the hands of the folks that John Adams cared the most about....We, the People.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Re: We, The People

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Unfortunately I don't have your luxury Dan, I have to watch. But after 20 years of not paying attention, your conclusion is still correct and I like your idea. The best I can do is vote for Gary Johnson - the only guy on the ballot who would move things in your direction (less politicians and government).

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 pm

We get everything back and our country back once we all figure out how to come up with ideas on how to clear 140 Trillion of US Debt on the books, 210 Trillion of US debt off the books and the rest of the world comes up with thier approx 350 Trillion missing. Sound doable? It's all One big ponzi and not more than a few people understand the big picture. TPTB wake up every day wondering if todays the day. If not for Drahgi and the Bernank, this game would have been over already. Just my humble Opinion.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am

KJ Duke wrote:Unfortunately I don't have your luxury Dan, I have to watch. But after 20 years of not paying attention, your conclusion is still correct and I like your idea. The best I can do is vote for Gary Johnson - the only guy on the ballot who would move things in your direction (less politicians and government).
I voted yesterday. I was hoping in looking at the names of the candidates that one of the top two would leap out at me.
They didn't.
I voted for Gary Johnson.
I know it's a 'wasted vote', but my conscience is clear.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:16 am

More than $6 trillion since 2008 spent to bring the National Debt to $16 trillion (remember how cool then candidate Obama chastised President Bush by saying $8 trillion in debt was "unpatriotic")!

Remember when then candidate Obama professed to have a plan to halve the defict and make sure unemployment would be around five percent (but don't worry, appologists, it was not President Obama's fault that he did not know what he was talking about and that it was worse than he thought)?

Not one single net new job (i.e. fewer people working in the US than in 2008).

Better than 15% unemployment (for you stat heads that is about 45 million legal Americans if you count the people who have given up and who do not get counting in the "official" unemployment numbers) but not counting the underemployed.

Even without the fiscal cliff, the US economy is on the edge of a recession unlike any we have seen since the mid-70's (you folks think the housing bubble bursting or the dot.com meltdown was bad...those were pimples compared to the cancer staring us in the face) which will kick probably a half dozen European economies into full melt-down with a Euro collapse.

US National Debt is now greater than Annual GDP. Spain's Debt to GDP ratio is actually better than the US and they are having austerity protests.

The Middle East is burning (Syria), in protest (Egypt), in danger (military exercises in the Straight of Hormuz), or a fundamentalist sharia law nation is on the precipice of becoming a member of the nuclear bomb family (Iran).

Of course, none of this is the Presidents fault. He has had four years and he and the democrats are still blaming George Bush.

New York and New Jersey have too little help, power, or gas. Thank goodness the President cut through all that red-tape, right, Gov. Christie?

We have a little more than a month to amend/improve/plan to address the fiscal cliff.

Despite the problems (whether they are caused by his policies, Congresses policies, Bush policies, etc.), the Presidents first major order of business since winning re-election is to travel rather than stay in Washington. And he will travel to that key US foreign policy interest of...Myanmar (Burma for you with Obama-phones)!

Everyone of you who voted for President Obama should be so proud. And to everyone, the recession is coming. If you have any retirement left (401K's), please get prepared.

If this is too political, sorry. The last election is going to hurt my family seriously (and yes, my daughter voted for President Obama, so we are a house devided). I am mad and wanted to vent.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

JimyMarlboroBallgame

Post by JimyMarlboroBallgame » Sat May 25, 2013 1:37 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I am not a political guy. Like the Paul Simon song says, 'I get all the news I need on the weather report'.
I do not read newspapers, I do not go to news sites or listen to them on radio.
It was in the 80's when starting this. I was so disenchanted with the way our American system was, that it was my way of not being a part of the travesty.

In my estimation, our political and judicial system is broke and there is nobody or group around that is capable of fixing either of them.
John Adams would do a 180 in his grave if looking at our system today.
His plan was to have politicians represent us, the people.
They don't.
They represent themselves, first in hopes of being re-elected.
We don't even come in second, their party has the funds to obtain their first goal
'Us' has no representation.
We're just the schmo's who decide which of these bastards will do the least to hurt us while in office.

I'll come to the point, because no doubt there are several views like mine online somewhere.
I was thinking today, that John Adams did not have the technology we have today.
So, I have a new plan.
A plan that'll never come to be, because any plan now involves politicians, and they vote down anything that does not benefit them.

So, here is my pie in the sky plan.
Eliminate almost all politicians.
It sounds revengeful, but it's not.
What John Adams had in mind is for, we, the people to be represented.
Afterall, ALL of us could not go to Washington DC to vote on bills.
NOW WE CAN!
Through the internet.
Each bill would come to our homes in the morning and we would vote or miss votes like our politicians do now.
Over a cup of joe, we could peruse what needs voted on, vote, and head off to work
If we want to bring up a bill, like politicians do, there would be a site for that.
90% fewer politicians.
No parties.
No politicians siphoning tax payers money.
No pork.
No shit.
And, we get our voice back.

Sure, it would leave duties for the President and a few other politicians.
But the bulk of the work would go back to the folks that modern day politicians could care less about, and in the hands of the folks that John Adams cared the most about....We, the People.

Yeah; Boston was a test on the populace like a litmus test to see the reaction of the people. Martial law test! Problem is some places out there are not going to allow police to boot them out of there house at gunpoint looking for some 19 year old patsy. Some people will require a warrant, or defending their property will be what is warranted.