St. Louis and Pujols 5: Here We Come

JohnP

Re: St. Louis and Pujols 5: Here We Come

Post by JohnP » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:13 am

[quote="Greg Ambrosius"]We do have a full Main Event in St. Louis now and we'll have to see what happens if more signups come in.

Greg - it is Jan 2 and you filled one league already and your response is "we'll have to see what happens if more sign-ups come in?" How about....."Yeah baby, let's start league 2 in St Louis as we shoot for 3 full leagues!" I drafted in St Louis a couple of years ago and it was nice. The room we were in was tight for two but i think with a little layout modification (skinnier tables, etc.) you could make two work? How about a second room - if it was for just 1 draft it wouldn't have to be real big? How about the hotel? How about something else nearby and everyone can still end up at Pujols to discuss draft, etc? Just sayin.....gotta be a way. There is still nothing like a live draft and St Louis fits the bill for many given location, economics, great "no-frills" midwestern type of feel. How close is Fanball? Certainly their IT room must be big enough to hold a draft? We know they didn't work weekends.....

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 am

JohnP wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:We do have a full Main Event in St. Louis now and we'll have to see what happens if more signups come in.

Greg - it is Jan 2 and you filled one league already and your response is "we'll have to see what happens if more sign-ups come in?" How about....."Yeah baby, let's start league 2 in St Louis as we shoot for 3 full leagues!" I drafted in St Louis a couple of years ago and it was nice. The room we were in was tight for two but i think with a little layout modification (skinnier tables, etc.) you could make two work? How about a second room - if it was for just 1 draft it wouldn't have to be real big? How about the hotel? How about something else nearby and everyone can still end up at Pujols to discuss draft, etc? Just sayin.....gotta be a way. There is still nothing like a live draft and St Louis fits the bill for many given location, economics, great "no-frills" midwestern type of feel. How close is Fanball? Certainly their IT room must be big enough to hold a draft? We know they didn't work weekends.....
Pujols 5 does have a back room that I'm sure we can rent and I already have space reserved at the Sheraton if needed. Like you said, we could draft there and host the post-party at Pujols 5. I'm not discouraging St. Louis, but I also don't want to have a full league and 2 other people. I want everyone to know from here on out that we've never had two full leagues in St. Louis and thus getting 15 more people won't be easy. But I'm sure we could work out a second league if the signups come in. Again, I already have space if needed, so keep the signups coming and we'll make it work. I'm very happy with St. Louis and some folks are excited about the NCAA Tournament being there and competing in an NFBC draft. Sounds like a GREAT weekend to me.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Big Mac Attack

Post by Big Mac Attack » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 pm

So now that the cold water was inadvertently dumped on the St Louis momentum, are there any other people still on the fence? I'm debating St Louis or online for the first weekend.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:03 pm

Big Mac Attack wrote:So now that the cold water was inadvertently dumped on the St Louis momentum, are there any other people still on the fence? I'm debating St Louis or online for the first weekend.
I have an extra room reserved at Pujols 5 for a second Main Event and I have a conference room at the Sheraton Westport if needed. I just got an email from a new NFBC participant who also wants to draft in St. Louis and I told him we'd do everything we could to make it happen. So feel free to plan accordingly for St. Louis and we'll do what we can to get a second Main Event league here in full or in teleconference with Las Vegas or Mahwah.

Also, I think we will have the code for the Sheraton Westport first thing this week. I believe the contract will be signed Monday and ready to go.

Come on to St. Louis Phillip. We'll make it work.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Take it from somebody who 'been there, done that'. Go to St. Louis. The hometown feel of the draft and dinner afterwards is unparalled. This year you'll get to meet Kent Stermon, which is worth the price of admission alone, Matt Anderson , and several other great fellas.
It's a great experience.
If you have the chance, do yourself a favor and go.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 am

Okay, we do have the room block set up now with the Sheraton Westport. The contract was just sent to them, so give them a day or so to get into their system. We have a limited room block, but we have rooms for Friday and Saturday at $89 apiece for a Deluxe Double Lakeside View. Our Account is under STATS LLC. Local phone is 314-878-1500. Again, give it a day or so, but this is one heckuva rate at a very nice hotel and you'll be able to step outside and be in the Pujols 5 draft room in less than 5 minutes. Enjoy all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:06 pm

The Sheraton Westport has even created our own Reservation page. Here it is:

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGro ... &key=910A8
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:46 pm

Just a heads up for anyone considering St. Louis as a draft destination: We may have one opening available in the Main Event on Saturday, March 24th at noon CT. We have one owner currently on the signup list who may need to be out of town that weekend and draft Online. If anyone wants to fill that potential spot, let me know at [email protected]. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:31 am

We do have a full Main Event league again in St. Louis as Phillip McDonald of Huntsville, Alabama will take that final spot and also add the NFBC XII on Saturday at 6 pm CT. So we are full again for the Main Event and now we have 5 owners for that NFBC XII. Thanks Phillip and welcome back.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:24 pm

I've had a few people inquire about the St. Louis Main Event once a spot opened, so I just want everyone to know that we can start a second Main Event League in St. Louis if the demand warrants it. We do have extra space at Pujols 5 for a second league and could even get more space at the Sheraton if needed. So if you still have interest in the Main Event at St. Louis or the NFBC XII, let me know. Hey, nobody would love a second Main Event league more than me!!! Contact me at [email protected] if you have further questions, but let's not stop here. We can accommodate more owners here. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:18 pm

Well, that didn't take long!! John Pausma of Tinley Park, Illinois has already jumped in for the second Main Event League in St. Louis and we have a second room at Pujols 5 to accommodate this. I'll contact some of the other owners who inquired about St. Louis as well and see if we can't pull off another full league. Thanks John for getting this second league started and best of luck in St. Louis. Thanks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Catch

Post by Catch » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:17 am

SORRY GUYS, YOU ARE NO LONGER DRAFTING @ PUJOLS 5. :o

ST. LOUIS — Continued anger and disappointment from Cardinals fans over the departure of slugger Albert Pujols has forced a St. Louis restaurant bearing his name to part ways.

Pat Hanon, owner and founder of Pujols 5 Westport Grill, said Thursday that sales dropped so much in the recent months since the nine-time All-Star left for the Anaheim Angels that he had no choice but to end his association with the slugger.

The restaurant's name has changed to the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame Bar and Grill and will display authentic sports memorabilia and artifacts owned by the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 am

Catch wrote:SORRY GUYS, YOU ARE NO LONGER DRAFTING @ PUJOLS 5. :o

ST. LOUIS — Continued anger and disappointment from Cardinals fans over the departure of slugger Albert Pujols has forced a St. Louis restaurant bearing his name to part ways.

Pat Hanon, owner and founder of Pujols 5 Westport Grill, said Thursday that sales dropped so much in the recent months since the nine-time All-Star left for the Anaheim Angels that he had no choice but to end his association with the slugger.

The restaurant's name has changed to the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame Bar and Grill and will display authentic sports memorabilia and artifacts owned by the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame.
Great post. I heard about this yesterday when talking to a couple of our NFBC veterans down there. I was going to hunt for the story today, but you beat me to it. Great job.

Hey, it's still a great restaurant and we're still going to have three sets of drafts. Should be a blast. We've got a few more NFBC XII signups coming in, so be ready there. Should be fun.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:30 pm

The name change is now official:

Albert Pujols is gone from St. Louis, and so is his name on a popular restaurant.

KSDK-TV ( http://bit.ly/A2kFwv) reports that the owners of the Westport restaurant formerly known as Pujols 5 have changed the name to the St. Louis Sports Hall of Fame Bar and Grill. Pujols helped the Cardinals win the World Series in October, and a statue in his honor was unveiled a short time later outside the restaurant. But Pujols left St. Louis as a free agent and signed a 10-year contract to play for the Angels in California. Owner Patrick Hanon says he wanted the restaurant to be more inclusive of all St. Louis sports greats. The transformation, including a new menu, is expected to take about a month.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Our room block is now available at the Sheraton Westport in St. Louis. Just call 314-878-1500 and ask for the National Fantasy Baseball Championship room rate. The account is under STATS LLC. We have Deluxe Double Lakeside View rooms available at $89 per night on Friday and Saturday. You can probably get rooms on Thursday and Sunday as well if you'd like. The room block is limited, so don't delay. But this hotel is part of the mall there in Westport and you can walk right outside to the Pujols 5 -- or now called the Hall of Fame Sports Bar -- and to the NFBC draft. It's the perfect location for this. Thanks all and enjoy.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius