When will Montero reach 10 games at catcher?

Cowboy Joe

When will Montero reach 10 games at catcher?

Post by Cowboy Joe » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:02 am

My prediction is July 1st.
I feel like I'm the Jerry Quarry of the NFBC.

Outlaw

Re: When will Montero reach 10 games at catcher?

Post by Outlaw » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:09 am

May 15th at the latest. Olivo is 2 for 16 and they wont stick with that type of production long, Carp coming back and them wanting them Figgins in the lineup means they need Montero catching sooner rather than later.
Last edited by Outlaw on Sat May 05, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:09 pm

They'll stick with olivo all year because he's much better defensively and he's not expected to hit for average. Montero is supposed to get 30-40 games at C this year from what I've read but I'm taking the under on that and predicting the end of may. Since I don't have him in the main, I'm hoping he doesn't get his 10th game until late September.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Outlaw wrote:May 15th at the latest. Olivo is 2 for 16 and they wont stick with that type of production long.
really? 2 for 16. Now that's a sample size. I have the Jesus on one team. I am not as optimistic, but I am a glass half empty kinda guy :twisted:

my wild ass guess - June 26th
Always be closing.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:41 pm

I've been assuming about a game a week, maybe a few extra here and there - so June 1 is my guess. Olivo is the starting catcher, don't think that will change this season unless a contender wants him at the deadline.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:49 am

Outlaw wrote:May 15th at the latest. Olivo is 2 for 16 and they wont stick with that type of production long, Lahair coming back and them wanting them Figgins in the lineup means they need Montero catching sooner rather than later.
Assuming LaHair = Carp.

When Carp gets back, I could see Montero getting some additional catcher starts against righties (sit Olivo, play Carp/Smoak at DH/1B). Still think you're looking at mid-May at the earliest to get those 10 games in -- the biggest problem with Montero, other than the fact he's a god awful defensive catcher, is that playing DH he'll never fill in as a late inning replacement, because that would remove the DH from the game, forcing the pitcher slot in the order to bat (in place of the removed Miguel Olivo).

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat May 05, 2012 8:47 am

Outlaw wrote:May 15th at the latest. Olivo is 2 for 16 and they wont stick with that type of production long, Carp coming back and them wanting them Figgins in the lineup means they need Montero catching sooner rather than later.

1 more game needed. Figgins though banished to teh bench. I wonder how long before they release him.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 am

Outlaw wrote:
Outlaw wrote:May 15th at the latest. Olivo is 2 for 16 and they wont stick with that type of production long, Carp coming back and them wanting them Figgins in the lineup means they need Montero catching sooner rather than later.

1 more game needed. Figgins though banished to teh bench. I wonder how long before they release him.

You forgot to mention that the only reason Montero will get catcher eligibility early is because Olivo got hurt, not because of lack of production which he was starting to turn things around before getting hurt. ;)
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 am

The Franchise wrote:
Outlaw wrote:

You forgot to mention that the only reason Montero will get catcher eligibility early is because Olivo got hurt, not because of lack of production which he was starting to turn things around before getting hurt. ;)

I didnt think a soon to be 34 yr old catcher would'nt get hurt. Botttom line was Montero was going to get his games in sooner rather than later and batting .210 after 80 something at bats, hurt or not, basically assured Montero would get there, especially with thier desire to free up the DH slot for the Carp, Liddi, Seager types.

rockitsauce

Post by rockitsauce » Sat May 05, 2012 10:14 am

Outlaw wrote:I didnt think a soon to be 34 yr old catcher would'nt get hurt. Botttom line was Montero was going to get his games in sooner rather than later and batting .210 after 80 something at bats, hurt or not, basically assured Montero would get there, especially with thier desire to free up the DH slot for the Carp, Liddi, Seager types.

wow. is he nearly 34 :shock: well sign him up for AARP ! I can't believe the fragile bastard made it this long w/o breaking a hip or sumthin' :roll:

please Outlaw let me know who is the next C to go down ? i have AJ Pierz in a few lge's, christ he's 35, damn. :twisted:
Always be closing.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat May 05, 2012 10:42 am

wow. is he nearly 34 :shock: well sign him up for AARP ! I can't believe the fragile bastard made it this long w/o breaking a hip or sumthin' :roll:

please Outlaw let me know who is the next C to go down ? i have AJ Pierz in a few lge's, christ he's 35, damn. :twisted:[/quote]

I missed your twisted humor Rockit. His age was only one factor in why I said/I thought it would be around may 15th. They didnt trade for him to be a FT DH, but I'll be sure to let you know when one of these remaining starters over age 34 and Stalwarts of health and prodcution go down, AJ, Molina, Hernandez, Barajas.