Hammel

Quahogs

Hammel

Post by Quahogs » Sat May 05, 2012 1:48 pm

"Gene, what do I get for having Hammel on my bench this week ? "

Hells Satans

Re: Hammel

Post by Hells Satans » Sat May 05, 2012 2:02 pm

I will see your Hammel and raise you a Capuano and Vargas while watching JJ, Lewis, Niese, and Worley flame throw my ratios. Also picked a good weekend to finally sit Mark Reynolds. I'm ready to go full Costanza.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat May 05, 2012 2:09 pm

I almost sat Reynolds for Pujols...lol Also looks like BoSox Cook is cooked...

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat May 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Outlaw wrote:I almost sat Reynolds for Pujols...lol Also looks like BoSox Cook is cooked...

Let me get this straight. You "ALMOST SAT" Reynolds (Mark Reynolds 3B for the Baltimore Orioles) for Pujols (Albert Pujols 1B for the LA Angels)???

The 2 posts above are related in terms of bad luck in going with the wrong guy in hindsight. Yours is dumb luck.....

Based on a couple of posts I have seen from you it's quite obvious your a Baseball savant. First you correctly predicted a M.Olivo injury which would allow Montero to reach catcher eligibility sooner rather than later and now you had the foresight to keep (not replace, but KEEP) M.Reynolds (who was hitting a buck fifty .150 with zero 0 HR) in your lineup over A.Pujols?!?

Your like a Beautiful mind
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

Outlaw

Post by Outlaw » Sat May 05, 2012 3:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Outlaw wrote:I almost sat Reynolds for Pujols...lol Also looks like BoSox Cook is cooked...

Let me get this straight. You "ALMOST SAT" Reynolds (Mark Reynolds 3B for the Baltimore Orioles) for Pujols (Albert Pujols 1B for the LA Angels)???

The 2 posts above are related in terms of bad luck in going with the wrong guy in hindsight. Yours is dumb luck.....

Based on a couple of posts I have seen from you it's quite obvious your a Baseball savant. First you correctly predicted a M.Olivo injury which would allow Montero to reach catcher eligibility sooner rather than later and now you had the foresight to keep (not replace, but KEEP) M.Reynolds (who was hitting a buck fifty .150 with zero 0 HR) in your lineup over A.Pujols?!?

I never predicted a Olivo injury, all I ever said was Montero would reach his catcher eligibilty by May 15th for a multitude of reasons. When one watches mainstream political news, depending on the broadcaster, be it NBC or Fox or whoever, when they want to get thier point across, usually democratic or republican, they will cherry pick pieces of peoples quotes to suit thier opinion and more often than not, will never present the enitre subject in its full context....

My point on Reynolds or Pujols was more of humor, which you failed to get, but Reynolds has had a a couple of good games the past 2 days and Pujols, nada, so if its dumb luck, so be it. I never said long term Reynolds over Pujols, but quite frankly Pujols has over a 100 AB's of nothing for 5 weeks now. I and the other 1500 or so team owners are all hoping he figures it out, but I'm sure I'm not the only one sitting him or spotting him now.

JEagle

Post by JEagle » Sat May 05, 2012 3:23 pm

I was smart enough to start Hammel.....ok no I wasn't, my team is just porous so I had to start Hammel.....
Sometimes I'm good and sometimes I'm bad....but I always try real hard.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat May 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Outlaw wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I never predicted a Olivo injury, all I ever said was Montero would reach his catcher eligibilty by May 15th for a multitude of reasons. When one watches mainstream political news, depending on the broadcaster, be it NBC or Fox or whoever, when they want to get thier point across, usually democratic or republican, they will cherry pick pieces of peoples quotes to suit thier opinion and more often than not, will never present the enitre subject in its full context....

My point on Reynolds or Pujols was more of humor, which you failed to get, but Reynolds has had a a couple of good games the past 2 days and Pujols, nada, so if its dumb luck, so be it. I never said long term Reynolds over Pujols, but quite frankly Pujols has over a 100 AB's of nothing for 5 weeks now. I and the other 1500 or so team owners are all hoping he figures it out, but I'm sure I'm not the only one sitting him or spotting him now.

Hey, it's your team you do what you want. I rather be lucky than good at this point. It's not the fact you sat Pujols if it's a 12 teamer where it's possible to have a 1B, CI and DH you would want to start at this point over Pujols. It's the fact that you chose Reynolds as that player....... :lol: I'm sure your the only one of 1500 teams that did that. I guess my point is Pujols 100 AB's of nothing vs. Reynolds 100 AB's of nothing? Yup makes sense to me...... 8-)

Hey it worked out so good job
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat May 05, 2012 3:57 pm

JEagle wrote:I was smart enough to start Hammel.....ok no I wasn't, my team is just porous so I had to start Hammel.....
That is awesome - however it happened :D The best week EVER from him. Now I will be chasing those starts starting with TEX this week and probably the next 5 gms after that as he gets lit into...

Cowboy Joe

Post by Cowboy Joe » Sat May 05, 2012 5:35 pm

Speaking of Reynolds and Pujols (who happen to be my 1B/3B combo in the Main), I had a dream the other night that Reynolds and Pujols were pitted against Juan Pierre and Dee Gordon in a cage match, each equipped with a power stick, with my own life dependent upon the outcome. At 3:11 AM, I woke up screaming.

Speaking of screaming, I lost out in the bidding by only a measly few million dollars in my attempt to acquire the infamous "Scream" painting that was auctioned by Sotherby's. The winning bidder was anonymous, but my sources tell me it was Arte Moreno.

Finally, speaking of Hammel (as he was the original thread topic) I too sat him fearing the worst in match ups vs the Yankees and Red Sox. I wonder what Dan O'Dowd was thinking about today while he was getting Guthrie's chain fixed at the bike shop.
I feel like I'm the Jerry Quarry of the NFBC.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Sat May 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Hells Satans wrote:I will see your Hammel and raise you a Capuano and Vargas while watching JJ, Lewis, Niese, and Worley flame throw my ratios. Also picked a good weekend to finally sit Mark Reynolds. I'm ready to go full Costanza.
See also Garcia, Jamie; Kuroda, Hiroki.

Those 6 along with Hamels were my starting 7 this week in the ME. FML.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat May 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Hells Satans wrote:
Hells Satans wrote:I will see your Hammel and raise you a Capuano and Vargas while watching JJ, Lewis, Niese, and Worley flame throw my ratios. Also picked a good weekend to finally sit Mark Reynolds. I'm ready to go full Costanza.

pretty deep staff. But it does blow when everyone gets hit with the ugly stick the same week.

What's the "L" in FML ? :D I usually use R for running

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Sat May 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Quahogs wrote:
Hells Satans wrote:

pretty deep staff. But it does blow when everyone gets hit with the ugly stick the same week.

What's the "L" in FML ? :D I usually use R for running