FAAB Fixed or Fiction

Lunatic

Re: FAAB Fixed or Fiction

Post by Lunatic » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:45 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
Lunatic wrote: All this whining and it is only April 12th. :shock: :shock: But then, with some of these guys, nothing will make them happy.
Luny, it's only whining when you disagree. It's preaching the truth when you're on the other side. :D

I think for most of us posting suggestions here, it wouldn't have taken much at all to make us happy. The old FAAB system was solid, it needed a few tweaks --- but we got FAAB 2.0 with a bunch of out of left field changes.

You're one of a few posting who like it - good for you, you've got nothing to whine about ... except the "whining", and you did that. :mrgreen:
KJ, I would still like the additional fixes; but you're right, if I am happy I am not whining. To say I am one of a few that are happy is probably inaccurate, the number of people posting on this subject is minimal in relation to the 400+ playing the Main and 1100+ playing online. But, hey, I am in the minority in this thread. :D :D
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:48 pm

I think I am in the middle on this one. Do I think the FAAB setup can be a lot better? Absolutely. Do I think the new system is better than the old, hands down. Not even close. If they simply improved the fonts and space management, it would be so much better and I don't see that being all that difficult. If the NFBC is the premier HS fantasy game in the country, shouldn't it be great in all aspects? It can be so much better and everyone, even the guys who like the new FAAB, have to admit that. Though I must say, if there was a priority fix, it would be the live scoring and its inconsistencies.

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:06 am

Glenneration X wrote:FAAB has changed but the KJ-Money feud goes on in perpetuity.
For those who hate change, be glad that some things will always be the same. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminds me of the SNAKE - BillyWaz feud that lasted for years on the NFFC boards, until SNAKE was finally silenced.

joshguy

Post by joshguy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Does anyone know when the % owned is coming to the new FAAB?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:32 pm

joshguy wrote:Does anyone know when the % owned is coming to the new FAAB?
It will be added as an extra column later this week.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Even worse with the pop-ups, when you are working down the page and click to get rid of popup it takes you back to top of page so you can't see what you just did without scrolling yet again.

Popups are becoming enemy #1 as I try to use this new system, even worse that the other stuff that I'd like to see fixed. :evil:

orangemen90

Post by orangemen90 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:27 pm

KJ Duke wrote:Even worse with the pop-ups, when you are working down the page and click to get rid of popup it takes you back to top of page so you can't see what you just did without scrolling yet again.

Popups are becoming enemy #1 as I try to use this new system, even worse that the other stuff that I'd like to see fixed. :evil:
Its possible to block the pop ups.. I never get them....using chrome....

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:35 pm

orangemen90 wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:Even worse with the pop-ups, when you are working down the page and click to get rid of popup it takes you back to top of page so you can't see what you just did without scrolling yet again.

I use Chrome...I get them...
The question is, WHY ARE THEY EVEN THERE!?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:17 pm

orangemen90 wrote:

My chrome popup blocker is on, they still pop.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:28 pm

As one of the biggest whiners about the old FAAB (and soon to be new if you want to stop reading now), I've held off from responding so that I could give this new setup a second run this week. I've come to agree with pretty much all in this thread. It sucks. We waited an entire season for this and were promised something that would be a step above. It's not! The pop ups suck. The add/drop on top of each other sucks. The ability to move players w/ drag and drop is great...but the delay with each move sucks. To my own disbelief, I ended up switching to the old FAAB setup less than halfway through my work (because that's what it has become at this point- week 3) this week. STATS seriously needs to step up their efforts on the technology side. I know it must have been a relief to see the season long competitors go out of business, but their FAAB is 10 x better than this new setup and it's got to be ancient judging by the way it looks. I've been testing the daily games and the technology, ease of navigation, and speed at which you can do things on those sites makes things so much more enjoyable as a player. We were promised a new draft room and never got it. We were promised a new FAAB setup, which we got, but it sucks. At this point I feel like all complaints and suggestions start and end with Greg and Tom. This is many times what happens when a line of business is a small portion of a company's portfolio. We as players, and Greg and Tom as managers, can bitch all we want, but unless a decision maker on that end of the business accepts suggestions, things are going to stay the same.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:46 pm

It serves a purpose at least. I use the old and new version. I shouldn't have to, but I don't care for the new version yet(I am still getting used to it). The nice part is when I have extremely long bid groups set up in old version, I can then go to new version to order the players quickly. Then back to old to put bids in etc. It is a little faster having this new feature. But it doesn't seem all that well designed to me either.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:43 am

I will certainly ask about the popups and see what can be done there. There is a confirmation popup on every site to confirm your bids, but maybe there's a way to confirm that which is less annoying and constant. I did my FAAB bids on RT Sports last night and at the end of my bids there is a confirmation popup there as well. But do we have more popups here than on the old FAAB?

We will have the pinned free agents box this week and a few other updates and I'll talk with IT about some of the issues mentioned here. We don't want people going from the new FAAB to the old FAAB or calling this a piece of s**t. We want this to save you time and make FAAB easier. The drag 'n drop works, so now let's get the rest better to save you time and work more efficiently.

We are reducing the font to add another column of data, but we can't reduce this much further. This was designed to be used on iPads and other tablets and thus the font can't go much lower. Yes, you see other sites with 12 columns of data, but those aren't set up to be used on iPads and tablets. We have built this knowing that more and more people will want to do FAAB on their tablets and thus the font can't go much lower.

Hopefully we can add some improvements this week that make FAAB better to use and we'll continue to tweak it until we have it right. It's important that we save you time every week in FAAB or folks will just cut down on the number of teams they play each year or even worse. We need to get it right for you folks.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:45 am

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:It serves a purpose at least. I use the old and new version. I shouldn't have to, but I don't care for the new version yet(I am still getting used to it). The nice part is when I have extremely long bid groups set up in old version, I can then go to new version to order the players quickly. Then back to old to put bids in etc. It is a little faster having this new feature. But it doesn't seem all that well designed to me either.
This week you will see that Pending Bids list in lines like you have on the old FAAB and with a pulldown link to each of your teams. That should allow you to quickly review all of your teams' bids very quickly and just like before.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Hells Satans wrote:I'm just going to keep using the old setup. It's more visually appealing to me even if it's clunky.
When you put both FAAB systems side by side you notice that the gray background separating players is on the old one and it isn't on the new one, creating a pure white page. It's a small item to separate the players with the gray background, but it sure makes a difference. I'll see if we can duplicate that on the new FAAB page to help visually separate the players.

We'll have % Owned added as an 8th column. By doing that, the only two stat categories that won't be on the first page that are currently on the first page of the old FAAB are Active % and Date Activated. Both will be on a second tab, but otherwise the other stat categories will be there.

We'll add the Pending Bids page with all bids on one line like the old FAAB has. It will be ideal if we can have a pulldown link to all of your teams from that page so that you can easily double check all Pending Bids at deadline, quickly and easily.

We'll also add Bid On Player button in individual player pages.

We'll talk about the pop-up boxes and what can be done there. We see your frustration there.

The old FAAB has you scrolling, scrolling, scrolling at all times. Hopefully with the pinned free agents box everything will always be at the top of your screen and the only scrolling you will need to do is within those pinned boxes.

Thanks for the feedback. We are going to get this right so that you save time on Sundays.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

TorontoGamblers

Post by TorontoGamblers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm currently using the old system, I find it fairly easy to use and it currently has more information. I'm looking forward to using the new system at some point, likely after % owned is included. It'll probably just take some getting used to but I don't really like the view on the new system. I find the pending bids all meld together and its just easier to view who I'm bidding on, specifically when I have multiple bids, in the old system.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote: We'll talk about the pop-up boxes and what can be done there. We see your frustration there.

The old FAAB has you scrolling, scrolling, scrolling at all times. Hopefully with the pinned free agents box everything will always be at the top of your screen and the only scrolling you will need to do is within those pinned boxes.

Thanks for the feedback. We are going to get this right so that you save time on Sundays.
Thanks Greg, happy to hear STATS still is working to make this better. As others have noted, I've found the old and new are better at different things, so I'm constantly switching back and forth between them to look for different things and to accomplish different types of editing - being able to do it all on one platform would be really nice. 8-)

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 pm

I really have no problem just using the old faab, but I wish it was easier to access. Every time I go in or leave and come back I have to wait for the new faab to load (which takes way too long for some reason) then go to the bottom and click the link. I wish it was on a separate tab or we could revert to it semi-permanently as a preference.

I'm also concerned that the old faab will disappear next year and that GS will never be added to the new faab.
Chance favors the prepared mind.