New FAAB Has % Owned, Pinned Free Agents

TParsons

Re: New FAAB Has % Owned, Pinned Free Agents

Post by TParsons » Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
TParsons wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote: FAAB results will now be processed at 10:10 pm ET each Sunday as we moved up the time slightly. It takes only a couple of seconds to run FAAB for each league, but we have hundreds of leagues and so you might see some final FAAB results on your team pages before others have been finished. But all should be done now before 10:30 pm ET. Hopefully this slight change also helps everyone going forward.
Now that you've moved up the processing time for FAAB, when will you do away with the 5 minute grace period prior to game start for lineups to lock? This has never made any sense to me. What good does the 5 minutes you are taking away from the player do for you? I know that it's only 5 minutes, but for those of us that are usually at work, on the way home, etc and have to do this via phone, it's 5 minutes that is worth a lot. To my knowledge your competitors do not have this. You always talk about wanting to be the best in all areas and moving in that direction with FAAB, software, etc. This also needs an update. Why does it even exist?

Ty, it's a worthy request. Since we wrote the rules in 2004 we've had that starting lineups would lock 5 minutes before the scheduled start of a game. So if it's a 7 pm ET start time, lineups lock at 6:55 pm ET. I've never thought of that being an inconvenience for owners since we wrote the rules. I'll ask IT about this and maybe this is something we can change in the future. Again, it's a worthy request and one we never thought of. I'll definitely update with an answer soon.
Thanks, Greg. The 5 minutes isn't a huge deal. This year I'm finding more than ever that time is my greatest enemy. Every little bit helps, as I'm seemingly running up against all deadlines.

Re FAAB- this week was faster than all prior weeks combined for me. I'm extremely pleased with the improvements made on that end. Great job.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 05, 2014 7:05 am

Thanks Ty. I talked with IT yesterday and the only reason for the 5 minute Set Lineup deadline before the scheduled game time is because that's what I have always had in the rules. We can't change the rules mid-season this year, but next year we can definitely change the rules to say Set Lineup is due at the scheduled start time. Those games always start 5 minutes later anyway as TV does intros, so that makes sense. Just remind me next year and we'll do it.

Good to hear about FAAB. We made some final tweaks this week that seemed to work for a lot of folks. Anyone not using the new FAAB now should try it because I think it will save you time. We will add the gray shading this week to give it the same look as the old one, if that helps for some folks. But the tools are now in place and the speed is improved to help folks on Sundays.

Thanks for all the help on this folks and now we can turn our attention to some other items.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon May 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Good to hear Josh. Now we need to get Lowy fixed and we'll almost be there!!! :D
Greg, I apologize that I haven't had the opportunity before now to comment on the recent tweaks made by IT to help resolve the IE issues with FAAB. Just a crazy week on the work and personal front. In addition, I wanted to use FAAB throughout the entirety of this past week to assure any comments I made were not premature.

That said, whatever it was that IT did to help resolve these issues were a success as far as I'm concerned. FAAB ran smooth for me with extremely limited hiccups of any sort. The delays and freeze ups were pretty much a thing of the past. From Ty's comments, it appears that these results may be universal.

Thank you very much to both you and the IT team for these fixes that are allowing me to use the browser of my choice (no matter how much that browser may suck :D ). I truly appreciate the effort and am once again a huge fan of the new FAAB page.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Great news Glenn and thanks for the feedback. Again, we have a few more additions this week and then I think we are done with FAAB. It started with your suggestions and seven items that had to be done. We did all of them and then got more feedback on pinning the free agent page and more. We still need to make the stat headers readable as you scroll down and we have a good work-around for that, which will be done this week. But everyone contributed to this system being much better and a time savings for everyone.

We are still looking for feedback here. If you're not using the new FAAB system, please give it a try early this week to see if it's better than the last time you tried it. If you are having problems, email me at [email protected] and we'll work with you to see what's not working exactly right for you. If it's the look of the page we'll try to help there with gray shading this week.

Also, are you using the Pending Bids link so that you can see all of those easily like on the old FAAB system? And is that set up the way you wanted?

We're still looking for feedback and I know some veterans who still aren't using the new FAAB setup. Hopefully these most recent posts will reassure them to give it a try. It really is a better setup, so please take the time early in the week to test drive it. This time we feel confident that you'll save time on it. Thanks all and good luck. And again, this will be added to the NFFC site well in advance of the first FAAB there in September.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon May 05, 2014 2:27 pm

I've switched over to using it full time now. It still has quirks, but has surpassed the old version for me now - looking forward to the cleaner layout too.

One quirk which I presume is unintentional - when you search a player it automatically closes an open conditional bid. Also, you can only search within the position you have highlighted which is not ideal. Another is when you change your player drop for a bid group the red "X" doesn't seem to go away until you refresh.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon May 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Great news Glenn and thanks for the feedback. Again, we have a few more additions this week and then I think we are done with FAAB. It started with your suggestions and seven items that had to be done. We did all of them and then got more feedback on pinning the free agent page and more. We still need to make the stat headers readable as you scroll down and we have a good work-around for that, which will be done this week. But everyone contributed to this system being much better and a time savings for everyone.

We are still looking for feedback here. If you're not using the new FAAB system, please give it a try early this week to see if it's better than the last time you tried it. If you are having problems, email me at [email protected] and we'll work with you to see what's not working exactly right for you. If it's the look of the page we'll try to help there with gray shading this week.

Also, are you using the Pending Bids link so that you can see all of those easily like on the old FAAB system? And is that set up the way you wanted?

We're still looking for feedback and I know some veterans who still aren't using the new FAAB setup. Hopefully these most recent posts will reassure them to give it a try. It really is a better setup, so please take the time early in the week to test drive it. This time we feel confident that you'll save time on it. Thanks all and good luck. And again, this will be added to the NFFC site well in advance of the first FAAB there in September.
The entire NFBC family can sleep better now that Lowy is satisfied!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon May 05, 2014 3:02 pm

ALL-IN JD wrote:The entire NFBC family can sleep better now that Lowy is satisfied!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now, now, my friend and neighbor. That's only because I represented the "Equal Rights for IE Users" lobby.

You Chrome fanboys thought you had a monopoly on utilizing the latest and greatest NFBC software until once again the fight for equal rights for all browsers prevailed!! Power to the people!!! 8-) ;)

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon May 05, 2014 3:08 pm

I'd like to see a box for 'most droppable' players on the faab page.
The players we deem to be the worst or most 'droppable' of players on our roster. This way, at a glance, we would know how many players we can pick up and our droppable players would be 'on hand' instead of searching through our roster.
We've never had anything like this before, but I think it would be a benefit.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon May 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Nice idea Dan, essentially a tracking list for players we intend to drop.

Money

Post by Money » Mon May 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Can we now move on to live scoring please?
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Money wrote:Can we now move on to live scoring please?
We are going to finish up FAAB this week and then Live Scoring is the top priority after this. Live Scoring has been faster than last year since the season started, but we will put the stats in categories and separate hitters and pitchers with totals under hitters and then again under pitchers. That should be a quick, easy look at your Live Scoring stats each day.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 am

Just a heads up that this week we did add a gray shading to the new Free Agent pages to break up the monotony of the white page. Every other player now has a gray shading just like the old FAAB page. We also added stat category headers under the free agent listings as you scroll down so that you don't ever lose sight of the stat categories. I'm sure this will be helpful as you look for free agents.

Good luck this weekend in FAAB everyone and enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

lrr

Post by lrr » Sun May 25, 2014 11:00 am

Shifting between the grey and the white is very bad for your eyes. Trust me. It should be all grey or all white.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun May 25, 2014 11:15 am

lrr wrote:Shifting between the grey and the white is very bad for your eyes. Trust me. It should be all grey or all white.
Really? I find the alternating shades very helpful in maintaining focus and not losing track of which player I'm looking at, especially on a smallish mobile screen.

:geek:
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

lrr

Post by lrr » Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 am

It may not matter to most. But if you research articles about contrasting your eyes on dark and light, it causes eye fatigue. It's all over the internet but a good article called "Color and Vision Matters" is one example. I'm not good at posting but you can find it and similar articles if you are interested.