Win A 2015 Online Championship Entry Friday Night

Top Dawg

Re: Win A 2015 Online Championship Entry Friday Night

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:10 am

Coach2780 wrote:What's the word Greg, any contests tonight?
See Greg's response right before you posted this question. No-Go for tonight.
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

knuckleheads

Post by knuckleheads » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:54 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Top Dawg wrote:Will there be a contest tonight?
Sorry, but we are going to pass this week on the Fanduel contest. We haven't filled the last two and we need to do something creative to get folks excited again about a weekly NFBC contest. Yes, we could open it up to all Fanduel members, but I like the current format if possible.

I'm going to meet with Geoff from Fanduel next week in San Francisco to discuss a lot of things, including this. We'll see if we can restart this next week and get some more excitement going. Sorry for the late notice this week.
A couple of thoughts.

Why not post the contest link earlier in the week?

Why not post a button-link on categories bar at the top of the NFBC Teams page? I am sure there are many who would play, but never visit the chat room.

Why not open it up to all Fan Duel members after one day or more initial opportunity for NFBC members to sign up exclusively. NFBC gets those it can in the contest, then allow Fan Duelers to fill up the league. Worst-case scenario, perhaps NFBC gains a few more members.

Coach2780

Post by Coach2780 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks Top Dawg, that's what I get for multi-tasking while at work!

Thanks Greg, look forward to future contests.

the icon

Post by the icon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:50 am

I like the idea of the link on the site. And I like the idea of being private for the 1st day then making it a free for all.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:46 am

knuckleheads wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
Sorry, but we are going to pass this week on the Fanduel contest. We haven't filled the last two and we need to do something creative to get folks excited again about a weekly NFBC contest. Yes, we could open it up to all Fanduel members, but I like the current format if possible.

I'm going to meet with Geoff from Fanduel next week in San Francisco to discuss a lot of things, including this. We'll see if we can restart this next week and get some more excitement going. Sorry for the late notice this week.
A couple of thoughts.

Why not post the contest link earlier in the week?

Why not post a button-link on categories bar at the top of the NFBC Teams page? I am sure there are many who would play, but never visit the chat room.

Why not open it up to all Fan Duel members after one day or more initial opportunity for NFBC members to sign up exclusively. NFBC gets those it can in the contest, then allow Fan Duelers to fill up the league. Worst-case scenario, perhaps NFBC gains a few more members.
Fanduel doesn't set the dollar values for each player until the day before the contest and thus we don't get the actual link to the contest until the day before as well. We get the link from Fanduel as soon as the contest is set up and we post here. But yeah, I'll talk with them about possibly getting some type of signup link posted earlier.

I like the idea of having five weeks of contests with something like the Top 10 teams each week advancing to a bonus round for additional prizes. NFBC could donate those prizes and create a contest-within-a-contest. I'm going to discuss this week with Fanduel and see what we can do going forward to spice this up.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:38 pm

It's a stupid contest and the NFBC should drop it now!
Besides I can't play. :shock:

Blowinmudd

Post by Blowinmudd » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:01 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:

Any contest for this Friday?

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:08 am

Blowinmudd wrote:

Let's get this started again for all those who have given up their teams 3 days into the season. Start looking forward to 2016.

Greg, can we get one for this Friday already?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:49 am

Deadheadz wrote:.
Blowinmudd wrote:

Let's get this started again for all those who have given up their teams 3 days into the season. Start looking forward to 2016.

Greg, can we get one for this Friday already?

No. I'm already working with Fanduel on a regular day of the week for these and we'll roll all of that out in two weeks. Look for an updated post shortly.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius