WANDY!

Edwards Kings

WANDY!

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:15 pm

"Braves signed LHP Wandy Rodriguez to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

This confirms a report from Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes, who wrote that Rodriguez signed with the Braves after he failed a physical with the Phillies. If healthy, the veteran southpaw will compete for the fifth spot in Atlanta's starting rotation. Rodriguez, 35, had an ugly 6.75 ERA and 1.69 WHIP in 26 2/3 innings with the Pirates in 2014. He'll make a prorated $2 million salary if he earns a spot on the major league roster."

I feel much better now!

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

DOUGHBOYS

Re: WANDY!

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:37 pm

Understanding why they did not get rid of Fredi now.
Whoever manages that team this year, is of little consequence.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Bama

Post by Bama » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Competing with Philly for last place and Colorado for worst record in Nl. Look on the bright side, it can only get better. at this Philly was smart enough to not even mess with Wandy, not sure about braves interest but if he makes team then I think they cinch last place.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:37 pm

i think it's safe to say that while the braves will suck and be chasing 90+ losses, the phillies are in a class by themselves in that division. for shame to compare the 2!

btw E.K., don't know about you, but I regard this Hart/Cox/JS management team as beyond horrendous and unless I'm missing something, this team ain't seriously competing for years

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Yes, I think what this thread has proven is that this division will be all about my Mets this year.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:09 pm

don't think the mutts can win a division with 80 wins. could be wrong though.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 pm

After seeing the Carolina Panthers qualify with that crappy record and be playoff worthy, anything is possible.
On my tombstone-

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:50 pm

C'mon Guys!!! All joking and homerism (Dough, is that a word?) aside, I'll admit that the Mets are probably one player away.

However, once the Mets package Gee, Colon, Flores, and another piece like say Plawecki, for Mr. Tulowitzki, we can put a lineup on the field of.....

Murphy, Wright, Tulo, Duda, Cuddyer, Grandy, d'Arnaud, & Lagares....'27 Yankees at the bat and '82 Cards w/ the mitts.

A rotation of.....

Harvey, Degrom, Wheeler, Niese, and Syndegaad/Montero bringing back images of the glory days of Seaver, Koosman, Ryan, Gentry, Matlack, etc. etc. or Gooden, Darling, Sid, Ojeda, Cone, Aguilera, etc. etc.

With a bullpen of....

Mejia, Parnell, Familia, Black, etc. etc., our version of the Nasty Boys even greater than that of Myers, Dibble, and Charlton.

Put it all together and what do ya got?

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

My Mets...HOT!!!

jdryan

Post by jdryan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:40 pm

so you giving the Mets a Boo-ya??? :lol:
jody ryan

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Glenneration X wrote:C'mon Guys!!! All joking and homerism (Dough, is that a word?) aside, I'll admit that the Mets are probably one player away.

However, once the Mets package Gee, Colon, Flores, and another piece like say Plawecki, for Mr. Tulowitzki, we can put a lineup on the field of.....

Murphy, Wright, Tulo, Duda, Cuddyer, Grandy, d'Arnaud, & Lagares....'27 Yankees at the bat and '82 Cards w/ the mitts.

A rotation of.....

Harvey, Degrom, Wheeler, Niese, and Syndegaad/Montero bringing back images of the glory days of Seaver, Koosman, Ryan, Gentry, Matlack, etc. etc. or Gooden, Darling, Sid, Ojeda, Cone, Aguilera, etc. etc.

With a bullpen of....

Mejia, Parnell, Familia, Black, etc. etc., our version of the Nasty Boys even greater than that of Myers, Dibble, and Charlton.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

My Mets...HOT!!!

Glenn , Please put down the KOOL-AID and go back to drinking beer. Tulo would play about 20 games for the Met and get hurt and be out for the year. You know it. Be Happy above .500 this season, Baby steps

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:13 pm

Glenneration X wrote:C'mon Guys!!! All joking and homerism (Dough, is that a word?) aside, I'll admit that the Mets are probably one player away.

A rotation of.....

With a bullpen of....

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

My Mets...HOT!!!
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:14 pm

I just wanted to see the picture again...carry on.
On my tombstone-

Raskol

Post by Raskol » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:03 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I just wanted to see the picture again...carry on.
Me too! Where the hell did you find that, Glenn?
If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.--Hunter S. Thompson

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:27 pm

NorCalAtlFan wrote:i think it's safe to say that while the braves will suck and be chasing 90+ losses, the phillies are in a class by themselves in that division. for shame to compare the 2!

btw E.K., don't know about you, but I regard this Hart/Cox/JS management team as beyond horrendous and unless I'm missing something, this team ain't seriously competing for years
Restocking the farm system with some high minors talent (as opposed to high talent in the minors) with a core around Simmons, Freeman, Teheran, and a few others...Hart has a two year contract to oversee the restocking...young core, save some money now, a few FA signings around the stadium opening, BJ Upton chasing Hoffa, a little fairy dust...you never know!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
NorCalAtlFan wrote:i think it's safe to say that while the braves will suck and be chasing 90+ losses, the phillies are in a class by themselves in that division. for shame to compare the 2!

Restocking the farm system with some high minors talent (as opposed to high talent in the minors) with a core around Simmons, Freeman, Teheran, and a few others...Hart has a two year contract to oversee the restocking...young core, save some money now, a few FA signings around the stadium opening, BJ Upton chasing Hoffa, a little fairy dust...you never know!
Wayne - Say goodbye to Gattis. Looks like he is off to Houston for some prospects. Is it just me or are the Braves running out of outfielders? (Well, at least they are holding onto B.J. Upton. :? )

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Glenneration X wrote: Image
My Mets...HOT!!!
That uniform makes me think we should start a REAL fantasy baseball league. Can we find 25 hot girls to wear those in say, a dozen different cities, and sell tickets? FANTASY BASEBALL WILL RISE TO THE TOP!

I'll start the San Diego franchise, who wants to run a franchise in the other cities ? :P

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:09 pm

Braves Season Ticket Holder doing a little pre-season selling of dates...

October 1- "Yep, right behind home plate! I'm serious! Only $300!"

December 1- "Yep, right behind home plate! I'm serious! Only $150!"

January 14- "HEY! They still got Freeman! C'mon, can you at least go $50?"
On my tombstone-

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:14 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
My Mets...HOT!!!
:P
No umpire...and nobody thought to volunteer?
On my tombstone-

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:36 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:Braves Season Ticket Holder doing a little pre-season selling of dates...

way wrong. October 1 they were already down to $50. Fredi being retained is now just a memory in this horrible offseason

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:13 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
KJ Duke wrote:
My Mets...HOT!!!
:P
No umpire...and nobody thought to volunteer?
He is there...just out of frame a few feet up the third base line for a better view....
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:15 am

Bronx Yankees wrote:Wayne - Say goodbye to Gattis. Looks like he is off to Houston for some prospects. Is it just me or are the Braves running out of outfielders? (Well, at least they are holding onto B.J. Upton. :? )

Mike
Goodbye Oso Blanco! It was great while we knew you!

Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:22 am

NorCalAtlFan wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:Braves Season Ticket Holder doing a little pre-season selling of dates...

way wrong. October 1 they were already down to $50. Fredi being retained is now just a memory in this horrible offseason
I am buying my season tickets soon...for Gwinnett!
Charles Krauthammer