Round of Applause for 76erfan

ToddZ

Round of Applause for 76erfan

Post by ToddZ » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:55 am

Serious kudos to Andy for not just picking up the auction ball and running with it, he took it to the house and really added a great experience to the long winter and early spring.

If you played in an on-line auction and see Andy, make sure he has a fresh drink in his hand. He earned it and it gives the rest of us a chance in the live auction championship!
2019 Mastersball Platinum

5 of the past 6 NFBC champions subscribe to Mastersball

over 1300 projections and 500 player profiles
Standings and Roster Tracker perfect for DC and cutline leagues

Subscribe HERE

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Round of Applause for 76erfan

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:59 am

It's true.
Without Andy's passion, a lot of NFBC folks could not have experienced the joy of auctions.
Way to go, Andy!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Well said Todd. Andy definitely made this a great experience for everyone who took part. He's already volunteered to do the same for football so look for similar auctions like this in the NFFC as well. Great job Andy and many thanks. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:12 pm

Andy is the best!! Keep up the good work :mrgreen: I'll be sure to buy you a few drinks in NYC, as long as you don't bid up my players... :D

poopytooth

Post by poopytooth » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:35 pm

He is a good guy...even if he likes Carlos Ruiz

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:59 pm

There's dark side at play here though. He's always getting me to join leagues against my will. Some kind of Jedi mind tricks..."A new car is NOT how you want to spend your money..."

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:01 pm

appreciate the kind words guys. Its true I have a passion for auctions and I am glad others do too. We have seen two distinct populations in our auctions. One is folks prepping for live event auctions and the other is first time auction players or those that prefer the lower price points. All are very good players.

Best of luck to all in their leagues this year!

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:45 pm

My Thanks and Applause for Andy as well - A GREAT job

sandckaye

Post by sandckaye » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:36 pm

I would like to add my thanks to Andy..I love the auction format and thanks to you I have been able to do it..After all the praise can you do just one more..Justkidding..Thanks again

Stan

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Let me add my name to the list of people who are very appreciative of the dedication Andy disparaged with the auctions;
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Although I didn't join any of Andy's auctions due to scheduling conflicts and a general lack of preparedness, and despite having to block Andy's number from my cellphone to avoid his recruiting texts :D, you have to admire how he took the bull by the horns and filled league after league.

Andy's great people and outside of his misguided affinity for the Phillies, is someone I'm truly happy to have befriended in the NFBC.

One last thought... one of the great things about the NFBC is how so many of the players here put it upon themselves to come up with ideas for leagues, create leagues, recruit for leagues. Guys like Andy, KJ, MtM, Doughy, on and on, go above and beyond in these efforts. It says a lot about this contest and even more about those who play here.

Brock

Post by Brock » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Let me add my two cents in support of Andy. One of the truly great guys I've had the pleasure to meet in NYC. I really enjoyed doing a couple of auctions last month and Andy's passion and knowledge was the reason all of this took place. Great job my friend and looking forward to seeing u and all the guys real soon.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Brock wrote:...Andy's knowledge...
Ok, let's not get crazy now. :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P

blazer68

Post by blazer68 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:47 am

I find that due to his hard work and planning it gave a lot of us a chance to experience auctions and give many a real passion to try more so he should be thanked

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:53 am

Why are we honoring this man who kept bidding me up on Cole Hamels?

:lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 am

ToddZ wrote:Serious kudos to Andy for not just picking up the auction ball and running with it, he took it to the house and really added a great experience to the long winter and early spring.

If you played in an on-line auction and see Andy, make sure he has a fresh drink in his hand. He earned it and it gives the rest of us a chance in the live auction championship!

Andy is a great guy, and I love his passion for our game, auction or not. But I'm a little confused, Todd. Where is the thread for me offering kudos for the innovation and promotion of the "Fast DC" format that so many of us have now grown to love and adore? I understand your heavy workload, but please work on this for me when you get a chance. :mrgreen:

Andy, although you weren't able to recruit me for one of these, I am looking forward to the auction in NYC which you helped inspire me to join. Primarily though, my main motivation was to kick Dobies ass and humiliate him again. :P
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 am

Baseball Furies wrote:
ToddZ wrote:Serious kudos to Andy for not just picking up the auction ball and running with it, he took it to the house and really added a great experience to the long winter and early spring.

Andy is a great guy, and I love his passion for our game, auction or not. But I'm a little confused, Todd. Where is the thread for me offering kudos for the innovation and promotion of the "Fast DC" format that so many of us have now grown to love and adore? I understand your heavy workload, but please work on this for me when you get a chance. :mrgreen:

Andy, although you weren't able to recruit me for one of these, I am looking forward to the auction in NYC which you helped inspire me to join. Primarily though, my main motivation was to kick Dobies ass and humiliate him again. :P /b]

Can we please get this man a pity thread?

;)

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Andy deserves his own honorable mention in NFBC Hall of Fame for his hard work getting all these auctions organized. :!: He handled them all smoothly and efficiently and kept them moving at a brisk pace which is not easy to do with online auctions. The few problems that did come up were quickly addressed in a fair and equitable manner for all. I am glad to have had the chance to compete against him both live and online and look forward to another great live auction in NYC this year. :mrgreen:

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:52 pm

mlbbug wrote:Andy deserves his own honorable mention in NFBC Hall of Fame for his hard work getting all these auctions organized. :!: He handled them all smoothly and efficiently and kept them moving at a brisk pace which is not easy to do with online auctions. The few problems that did come up were quickly addressed in a fair and equitable manner for all. I am glad to have had the chance to compete against him both live and online and look forward to another great live auction in NYC this year. :mrgreen:
+1

Does the NFBC HOF have a builders category?

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Baseball Furies wrote:

Andy, although you weren't able to recruit me for one of these, I am looking forward to the auction in NYC which you helped inspire me to join. Primarily though, my main motivation was to kick Dobies ass and humiliate him again. :P
Jabber Jaws, if it was possible for you to finish in 16th place in an Auction, you would!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:54 pm

guys thanks but........HOF and me dont belong in same sentence.........I am gonna try and win another auction champ or two and then we will see. :)

Just happy to help the cause. A few beers like Todd said will keep me happy:)

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:55 pm

ALL-IN JD wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:

Jabber Jaws, if it was possible for you to finish in 16th place in an Auction, you would!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get your popcorn ready for the MtM debut auction on the morning of 4/3!

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:56 pm

Popcorn???? We are going to need tissues from laughing so hard!! :D :D