NFBC Platinum Live On SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio

Greg Ambrosius

NFBC Platinum Live On SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:13 pm

You may have heard the ads already on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio as they are promoting this heavily this week, but the NFBC Platinum Draft will be carried live from the Bellagio Las Vegas on Saturday night for the second straight year. Coverage will start with a pre-draft show at 8 pm ET with Chris Liss, Jeff Erickson and Derek Van Riper interviewing some of the Platinum participants and the draft coverage will follow from 9 pm ET to midnight.

Jeff and Derek will then host a Sunday morning show from the Bellagio 1 to 4 pm ET with interviews of more NFBC owners and some updates from the Diamond Draft League. They will also interview some of the owners who are going to participate in the Diamond Auction League. We've talked about possibly covering the Diamond Auction League live as well. It's not in the cards for this season, but there is interest on that for next year. We'll see if we can get it done.

Anyway, SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio is billing this as NFBC Draft Weekend on the channel and branding it as the same next weekend on the channel. Tom and I will do regular live updates on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to show the auction values, talk about the latest trends and just spread the word about how great live drafts are from New York City and from Las Vegas. This is the type of exposure all of us expected one day and that day is here. And best of all, our great participants will be taking center stage on the channel and in these interviews. Soon, a lot of you guys will be household names to this great community of fantasy players.

Check it out all weekend long and listen in for the NFBC Platinum Draft on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio 210/87 on Saturday from 8 pm ET to midnight. Should be GREAT!! :D :D
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

devilznj

Re: NFBC Platinum Live On SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio

Post by devilznj » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Greg -

This was a blast listening to last year. There was a lot of banter back and forth without following the picks very closely at times. But that wasn't an issue because we were able to follow the actual picks live on a grid online. Is that going to be available again this year?

Larry
Happy Recap

ikenbaseball

Post by ikenbaseball » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Tom/Greg

Will you have a link available so we can follow the Platinum Draft tomorrow night.

Thanks

Motorboat Jones

Post by Motorboat Jones » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Or at least be able to see the draft board as it happens ?

katanga

Post by katanga » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:47 am

I'm going to be in Las Vegas this weekend, but am not drafting in an NFBC league. Are these draft rooms open to the public to view in person?

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:12 am

katanga wrote:I'm going to be in Las Vegas this weekend, but am not drafting in an NFBC league. Are these draft rooms open to the public to view in person?
Greg or Tom can chime in but I think there is probably a 0% chance they'd allow this. With the amount of $ on the line I'm sure these guys don't want any distractions. I know its even annoying when you're drafting and others are on breaks walking around and you can hear them. It sure would be fun for "us" but not for the guys drafting.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:41 am

How about a report on the FAAB auction for draft slots? Kind of curious about that myself.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:10 am

The number one draft spot cost $630 in FAAB.

Carlos Gomez fell to Mr. Lucky, Glen Lowy at the number 10 pick.