Christmas in March!

ALL-IN JD

Christmas in March!

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:14 am

Draft spots today!!

Edwards Kings

Re: Christmas in March!

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:16 am

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:48 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:Draft spots today!!
It is supposed to snow on Wednesday when we fly out of Wisconsin. Is that what you're talking about? ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:58 am

Are the draft orders posted on the league pages correct?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 am

CALI CARTEL wrote:Are the draft orders posted on the league pages correct?
Yes, they post to your team pages as soon as we press the button. It's the way we have this set up now. I'll post all of the Las Vegas Main Events in the next couple of minutes here. Tom is finishing the Main Events Online now. Look for those on your team pages as well. Good luck all and enjoy.

Sorry that we don't have the drama like past years, but this is more efficient this way.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 am

Got an even better Christmas present today beside draft spots in NY! A better present than the number one pick. I got Mike the Mouth in my league, taking the odds of winning the league down to a 1 in 14 shot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:43 am

Are we getting draft slots this morning for the April 4th online main events?

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am

mattjb wrote:Are we getting draft slots this morning for the April 4th online main events?
They're on your home league page...At least, they're on mine.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:48 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
mattjb wrote:Are we getting draft slots this morning for the April 4th online main events?
Nope not for me, yet.

ALL-IN JD

Post by ALL-IN JD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Dan,

Nice meeting you in Vegas!!

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 am

ALL-IN JD wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Dan,

Nice meeting you in Vegas!!
Same here, Jeff. Loved it!
On my tombstone-

ikenbaseball

Post by ikenbaseball » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:54 am

Yes, they are on my homepage also.....I have the 7th position which isn't bad but I have Hinkelman right behind me at 8th. :?

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:54 am

Ah there it is...league 3, 10th pick.

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:20 am

Will the draft order for live Main Event in NY be posted today? I have already checked my team home page and it still only lists the KDS preference, not the draft order. :(

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:23 am

mlbbug wrote:Will the draft order for live Main Event in NY be posted today? I have already checked my team home page and it still only lists the KDS preference, not the draft order. :(

Look to the right side of the home page on your team again. Mine shows for NYC.

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:42 am

Red Sox Nation- wrote:
mlbbug wrote:Will the draft order for live Main Event in NY be posted today? I have already checked my team home page and it still only lists the KDS preference, not the draft order. :(

Look to the right side of the home page on your team again. Mine shows for NYC.
Got it. Thx for the reply. :D I don't mess with KDS since you can win from virtually any draft spot.Just go 1-15 and let the chips fall where they may. Got #7 pick right in middle so I am ok with that. What league did you get placed in?
Rich McCormick-Astoria,NY

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:48 am

I do miss the drama of having the leagues posted before being on our pages.
I used to not look at the page as I scrolled it down, then, would slowly scroll up, hoping not to see my name at the bottom of drafts , knowing each name passed made for a better chance to be at the top. :D
On my tombstone-

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:03 am

Don't what what the hell I was looking at before. Could have sworn I saw my team with #7 pick. Just went back to my team home page and found my team at#14! :oops: Oh well, might as well prepare for my quasi-turn pick this week. Good luck to all in NY.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:57 am

Reminds me of when I bet golf more seriously back in the day. Would start at the bottom where guys were over par and then slowly scroll up in search of my players, hoping to not see them anytime soon.
DOUGHBOYS wrote:I do miss the drama of having the leagues posted before being on our pages.
I used to not look at the page as I scrolled it down, then, would slowly scroll up, hoping not to see my name at the bottom of drafts , knowing each name passed made for a better chance to be at the top. :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 am

mlbbug wrote:Don't what what the hell I was looking at before. Could have sworn I saw my team with #7 pick. Just went back to my team home page and found my team at#14!
I have to manually load all the teams into each league first so you likely peeked behind the curtain too soon before everything was finalized. Ideally we'd like to have a setup in place where I can do all that without any of you thinking you're looking at the draft order when it's just the listing of the owners in each league. Hopefully someday we can get that implemented.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
mlbbug wrote:Don't what what the hell I was looking at before. Could have sworn I saw my team with #7 pick. Just went back to my team home page and found my team at#14!
I have to manually load all the teams into each league first so you likely peeked behind the curtain too soon before everything was finalized. Ideally we'd like to have a setup in place where I can do all that without any of you thinking you're looking at the draft order when it's just the listing of the owners in each league. Hopefully someday we can get that implemented.
Thx for the reply Tom. At least now I don't think that I was seeing things. Doesn't really matter though since I feel you can win despite your draft slot no matter where it is. :mrgreen:

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:42 pm

mlbbug wrote:Don't what what the hell I was looking at before. Could have sworn I saw my team with #7 pick. Just went back to my team home page and found my team at#14! :oops: Oh well, might as well prepare for my quasi-turn pick this week. Good luck to all in NY.
I've seen this before, shortly before the KDS results are entered it will show the managers listed by the order in which they signed up and not long after that it shows the actual draft order. Now I just wait for the system generated email that announces the draft order since I know it comes out very quickly and is 100% accurate.

Cheers!
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:04 pm

I was hoping for Trout (obviously) or a pick in the top four. Anywhere in the top eight was my fallback.

I pick eighth and sixth, so I'm satisfied. Being smack in the middle had its advantages and you never know who might slip to you @ 6 this year.

I can't wait until Thursday.

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:18 pm

CHRISTMAS NIGHTMARE === I got my last choice , I don't think I have ever drafted from the 15 , time to come up with a new plan. Plus Mikey is in this league and he got the 4th spot, how he didn't go with his favorite 15 spot(DAMM). And bonus I get to draft next to Rain-Man(Lowy). 5 and counting down

Rotties

Post by Rotties » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Roy's Outlaws wrote:CHRISTMAS NIGHTMARE === I got my last choice , I don't think I have ever drafted from the 15 , time to come up with a new plan. Plus Mikey is in this league and he got the 4th spot, how he didn't go with his favorite 15 spot(DAMM). And bonus I get to draft next to Rain-Man(Lowy). 5 and counting down
Roy, Mikey switched gears this year. He's been at the top for most of the drafts I've been in with him. Even went heavy pitching early in one. I'ts a new, improved MTM I tell you....