Venting misery...

TParsons

Re: Venting misery...

Post by TParsons » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:06 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:Please tell me King Felix is not hurt. He only threw 81 pitches through 5, Seattle takes the lead in the 6th, and he doesn't go back out to pitch?
http://www.google.com

or wait for your resident expert, Deadheadz, to fill everyone in, as though he was the first to know.

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
GetALife wrote:6-8 weeks minimum probably for Yan Gomes. No surgery at this point. Not sure the implications of no surgery. Does this mean it is more likely to surface again or he could tweak it during rehab process causing the 6-8 weeks to end up being season-long?
We've seen pitchers postpone surgery only to end up having it, I don't recall exact situations with position players though?
Looks like I'll roll with Tuffy for half the year. I'm in trouble already. Lol. Benoit and now this? When does football start again?
Does this put them in the market for a player like Dionner Navarro? The guy wants a starting job and has been vocal that he'd like to be traded.

What would Toronto be asking for and what can Cleveland afford to give? Pitching is what the Blue Jays need so maybe something like McAllister who is out of options and is blocking Salazar?

Or the catcher in the minors on M......E......T......S (METS, METS, METS) named Plawecki? Forgot the spelling but that would probably take a lot more to get him I'm guessing.

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:22 pm

TParsons wrote:
Steel Lugnuts wrote:Please tell me King Felix is not hurt. He only threw 81 pitches through 5, Seattle takes the lead in the 6th, and he doesn't go back out to pitch?

or wait for your resident expert, Deadheadz, to fill everyone in, as though he was the first to know.

What about the guy who was the only one in the world that knew Billy Hamilton would get 240 steals this year? Lol.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Right quad tightness for Felix, FOK!

Will supposedly make his next start...

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:56 pm

TParsons wrote:

All I've seen in "precautionary" so if he isn't injured there's no reason to make people panic.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:00 pm

Deadheadz wrote:
TParsons wrote:

All I've seen in "precautionary" so if he isn't injured there's no reason to make people panic.

If you're referring to me...leaving after throwing 81 pitches is reason for panic! lol

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:27 am

Driver Love wrote:Maybe this thread can be here specifically for owners to vent about fantasy baseball pain knowing full well that getting it out of their system could be good for them and reading it can be good for other owners in pain so they know they are not alone....lol Kind of like a support group for people who had their spouses leave them!
Probably not. I've never been on a message board with more people who needlessly concern themselves with what other people post. Eventually someone will log on here in a pissy mood and rip this thread, the very idea of this thread and anybody who ever posted on this thread.

GetALife

Post by GetALife » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:14 am

Yah Mule wrote:
Driver Love wrote:Maybe this thread can be here specifically for owners to vent about fantasy baseball pain knowing full well that getting it out of their system could be good for them and reading it can be good for other owners in pain so they know they are not alone....lol Kind of like a support group for people who had their spouses leave them!
Probably not. I've never been on a message board with more people who needlessly concern themselves with what other people post. Eventually someone will log on here in a pissy mood and rip this thread, the very idea of this thread and anybody who ever posted on this thread.

LMAO. Thread not allowed!

COZ

Post by COZ » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Yah Mule wrote:
Why would you even make a post like this, it's dumb and unnecessary and adds nothing!??!This doesn't even belong in the "venting misery," thread. The thread is fine, it's your post I take exception to. If you're not going to vent misery, then stay out of this thread. Thanks. And yes, I'm a Yan Gomes owner. ;)

COZ

(joking)
COZ

"Baseball has it share of myths, things that blur the line between fact & fiction....Abner Doubleday inventing the game, Babe Ruth's Called Shot, Sid Finch's Fastball, the 2017 Astros...Barry Bonds's 762 HR's" -- Tom Verducci

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Lester has absolutely nothing, looks like the Cubs signed the Lester of a couple years ago. Not only that, the dude is a head case...and only for $155 MIL? :twisted:

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:Lester has absolutely nothing, looks like the Cubs signed the Lester of a couple years ago. Not only that, the dude is a head case...and only for $155 MIL? :twisted:
I didn't like that signing at all, wish they would've gone after scherzer or hamels as staff ace.

He'll probably come around and be decent but I don't see him in the elite category. I'd much rather roll with a guy from the degrom/arrieta/carrasco range who I like better and cost a lot less. I'd be very surprised if he turns out to be the Cubs ace over arrieta.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Steel Lugnuts wrote:Lester has absolutely nothing, looks like the Cubs signed the Lester of a couple years ago. Not only that, the dude is a head case...and only for $155 MIL? :twisted:
In 10 innings this year he's walked two and struck out 10, with a BABIP of .486. Once the BABIP normalizes he's likely performing like he was last year.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:10 pm

mdecav wrote:
In 10 innings this year he's walked two and struck out 10, with a BABIP of .486. Once the BABIP normalizes he's likely performing like he was last year.
I think Kershaw's obviously on the decline as well. ;)

In other words, it may still be a bit early to be writing obituaries on the season for any player not named Latroy Hawkins.

mdecav

Post by mdecav » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
mdecav wrote:

In other words, it may still be a bit early to be writing obituaries on the season for any player not named Latroy Hawkins.
Or Samardzjia. Unlike Lester he's a mess right now.

Steel Lugnuts

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:26 pm

I'd like to vent misery for all those that didn't draft Soler! :)

I'm bummed I only have him in one roto and one h2h league. :(
Last edited by Steel Lugnuts on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:26 pm

mdecav wrote: In 10 innings this year he's walked two and struck out 10, with a BABIP of .486. Once the BABIP normalizes he's likely performing like he was last year.
Hittable pitches lead to things like a 486 babip in the short run. That ratio has to come down but he's been hit hard.

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:00 am

Glenneration X wrote:
mdecav wrote:

I am officially in this camp... lol And as a Cishek, Samardzjia, Marte owner, I hope Glenneration X is right...

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 am

KJ Duke wrote:
mdecav wrote: In 10 innings this year he's walked two and struck out 10, with a BABIP of .486. Once the BABIP normalizes he's likely performing like he was last year.
Hittable pitches lead to things like a 486 babip in the short run. That ratio has to come down but he's been hit hard.
Not to mention the fact that teams are going to run wild one him. Price, inexplicably, only attempted one stolen base with Hamilton out. St Louis, who only stole 57 bases all last year, got three off him and only a great throw by Ross caught Carpenter. This is going to be a major issue until he gets himself straightened out.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Fracture in Rios' left hand. I have him everywhere. :cry:

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:09 pm

mattjb wrote:Fracture in Rios' left hand. I have him everywhere. :cry:
8 days in and my Diamond team is down Rios, Yan Gomes, and Coco Crisp.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Hells Satans wrote:
Crisp didn't even make the ride home from Vegas.

Hells Satans

Post by Hells Satans » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:38 pm

CC's Desperados wrote:
Hells Satans wrote:
At least I don't have Carrasco in the Diamond. Just the Platinum. :roll:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Hells Satans wrote:
CC's Desperados wrote:
Hells Satans wrote:
At least I don't have Carrasco in the Diamond. Just the Platinum. :roll:
Yeah, run from anyone I have in the All Star Auction. Add Carrasco to Yan Gomes, Calhoun, Crisp, Belt, Choo, Hill, Matt Cain, & Benoit to those who've wasted my dollars spent in that auction to various maladies or lost jobs within the season's first 10 days. That team's been so snake bit, I was surprised that when McCutchen pulled himself out of a game last week due to lower body soreness, it wasn't announced the next morning that they were amputating from the waist down.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Cuddyer left after being hit by pitch too.

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:37 pm

So, to review what has transpired for my 2 teams in just 2 and a half weeks of the baseball season.

-Started with 3 closers, on both teams now have 1
-#1 draft pick (Gomez) whose value is very connected to stealing bases, pulls hammy and likely out for while and this usually results in less base stealing
-I have had 4 very good starts from Morrow and Scherzer and no wins
-L. Martin, Marte, C. Gomez, Pompey,.. no steals
-Samardzija... enough said

Get me to period 4!