Miguel Castro

mattjb

Miguel Castro

Post by mattjb » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:30 pm

The shiny new closer just pitched the last out in the 7th...

Steel Lugnuts

Re: Miguel Castro

Post by Steel Lugnuts » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:59 am

Yeah, I guess going 2 for 2 in save chances wasn't good enough, need to strike out the side to keep the gig. Nothing like screwing around with a 20 year old kid.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:37 am

Toronto would be better off being managed by an actual Gibbon.

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 am

Yah Mule wrote:Toronto would be better off being managed by an actual Gibbon.

Nice photo. Remembered seeing that species on an old episode of PBS Nature series. Yes TOR Mgr. has made some very questionable moves with his relievers. :roll: That being said, any NFBC owner who still has Cecil on his roster should give serious consideration to holding onto him. Would not surprise me to see Cecil get his closer job back before too long.Apparently most NFBC owners don't feel that way since I see that Castro had bids exceeding the $500+ range this week :o .Maybe I am getting too old but I just don't see a 20 year old with very little pro experience keeping the closer job all year long. He would need to do exactly that in order to justify the inflated bids that he received this week.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:05 am

Yeah, I said that in another thread when he was named closer, but it didn't stop me from bidding aggressively in my Benoit leagues.

My problem is that managers (in all professions) should strive to put their employees in a position to succeed. Makes everyone happier in the long run.

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Yah Mule wrote:Yeah, I said that in another thread when he was named closer, but it didn't stop me from bidding aggressively in my Benoit leagues.

My problem is that managers (in all professions) should strive to put their employees in a position to succeed. Makes everyone happier in the long run.
Well Gibbons did not put Cecil in a position to succeed when he asked him to get a 6 out save in his 1st outing of the year :roll:. And then promptly yanks him from the closer role!

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:41 pm

mlbbug wrote:
Yah Mule wrote:Yeah, I said that in another thread when he was named closer, but it didn't stop me from bidding aggressively in my Benoit leagues.

Well Gibbons did not put Cecil in a position to succeed when he asked him to get a 6 out save in his 1st outing of the year :roll:. And then promptly yanks him from the closer role!

I am not sure that the plan in that game was a 6 out save. I think he is just mixing and matching the best he can with the pen. Not saying I agree with his decisions, just that is what I think is going on.

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:33 am

mlbbug wrote:

Exactly right. He's not doing any of his relievers favors so far this season.