Prizes To Go Out On Friday

Glenneration X

Re: Prizes To Go Out On Friday

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:21 am

Received my direct deposit this morning. Thank you Gentlemen.

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:36 am

Got my DD too :D - Good things come to he who waits. Thanks!
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:10 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Direct deposits have been released and should be in bank accounts tomorrow as JP Morgan needs a day to process them.
This was the largest amount of people who used the Direct Deposit route with us and we sent out almost a million dollars that way. Glad to have those prizes going right into your accounts rather than in the mail. There were some huge deposits going to some of you, so we're glad to deliver those payments that way.

All of these went through and Tom has the list if you haven't seen it yet. As Accounting said, sometimes it shows up a little later in the morning depending on the banks, but every single Direct Deposit went through. There were no account errors or anything that bounced back. All went through today. Check your account again this morning to verify and contact Tom if you have any questions at [email protected]

Remaining checks are going out now or have gone out, so look for those as well. Sorry for any delays, but I'm glad some of you have already received these winnings and I'm sure the rest will have them in a few days. Congrats to all of the 2015 prize winners.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:10 am

Lunatic wrote:No Direct Deposit received; now I'll get the message no form received, can't wait.
Jim, your $3,600 has been deposited in your account. If you don't see it let us know, but it went through. Congrats.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:19 am

Lunatic wrote:Especially since I have to send the f'kng form in every f'kng year!!!
I'm certainly not going to respond to every post on this thread, only to the ones with f..ing in them.

Direct Deposits should be seen as a value-added to prize winnings, not a negative. After seeing some of the big amounts being deposited today, I'm glad we have this option because $80,000 checks in the mail are scary. Direct Deposits take care of the wait, take care of the lost mail, take care of the anxiety. So I'm glad we are offering this.

But we aren't going to assume you have the same bank account. We need you to fill out these f...ing forms each time you win. Is it a pain? Sure. But we sure as hell don't want to deposit $80,000 in your old account and now find out you're divorced or something else. Geez. We need to do this right and have you tell us this private information.

We wanted to send these out first, but we got a lot of checks out first and then got the DDs done next. The delay was one day in your accounts. We'll do a better job here going forward, but hopefully even more of you use Direct Deposits in the future because I feel a hell of a lot better knowing almost a million dollars is in your hands now rather than waiting for East Coast mail to deliver many of these big checks.

The frustration is okay, but realize that filling out these f...ing forms every f...ing year needs to be done. And please use Direct Deposits going forward. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Lunatic

Post by Lunatic » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:44 am

Thank you Greg for the response
Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying...Ralph Waldo Emerson

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:58 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:I believe it'll work out, Joe.
Heck, I can't blame folks for being upset.
We're talking real money. Earned money.
And when something is promised, especially by those trusted, people will be upset.

At the same time, Krause, Fanball, and STATS all have one thing in common. They cannot be trusted near as much as we trust Greg/Tom.
And when they (STATS) blame their 'largeness' or 'priorities', it only fans the flames.
Big companies just don't get customers, do they?

I believe this will end soon with Deposits and checks going out and the draft room opening soon after.
When that happens, everything will start to go back to normal and we can start talking about baseball execs, not STATS execs.
Okay, I'll read Dan's posts now that I'm back home. It's like getting one last bedtime story from grandpa when you were a kid. :lol:

Let's be clear: We have NEVER been fast enough for prize payments no matter what company was doing this. Trust me, I can remember every single payout from the past 12 years. In 2004 we pushed Krause's Accounting Department hard to be the fastest in the industry to pay prizes and since we had only 16 leagues that year we did it. But it was always tough to get KP to push these out as fast as our guys wanted, both for football and baseball. There was always bitching about checks not going out fast enough.

Fanball was a disaster with the payouts. I'm happy that CDM has paid already this year, but Ryan didn't want NFBC being paid before CDM so those payouts we had there in 2010-11 were brutal and we had plenty of folks saying they'd never play here again because of it. We understood the sentiment as payouts went out about 6 weeks after the season concluded.

We've definitely been faster with payments at STATS since 2011 than that, but this year was definitely 10-14 days later than earlier years. But again having Direct Deposits hopefully eliminated some slow mail deliveries there and eliminated some of the angst from those receiving the big checks.

I guess my point is that when you're winning money in this high-stakes arena where companies have failed to pay in the past, there's going to be angst until the money is in your hands. We CERTAINLY know that. Tom and I have been in this space longer than anyone else and we know that. To think that people doubted that we'd even pay is crazy. But again, that angst is there and we understand where it comes from.

Paying in full and on time is as important to any high-stakes company as running a good, clean game. Everyone puts their prizes in your hands and it has NEVER been taken lightly. Three weeks feels too long. Four weeks feels longer. And now five weeks feels like you can't trust them anymore. We understand the emotions and the frustration. But never have Tom and I taken it personally as we understand your position as players and want this as quickly as possible just like you do.

It's never fast enough, that's all I'm saying. We totally understand where you're coming from. We are in the same boat with you. Nobody wants to delay prizes. Let's get your money in your hands and get back to what we all love, which is baseball and a season-long game you can trust and enjoy. Thanks all.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:27 am

Yay for Tuesday- thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 am

Oh, and post-season prizes are being worked on now as well. Hopefully we can get some love if those winning checks go out within two weeks of the World Series ending!! Now we're getting it done.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:32 am

If I wasn't so old, I'd sue somebody for age discrimination!

So, now that everybody is paid or about to be paid, when do we draft? :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:36 am

Okay, I'm leaving this thread and will create a new thread on what I saw at the Arizona Fall League last week. Kudos to BaseballHQ.com for running a fantastic AFL Symposium and it was a solid crew with about 150 attendees. Great conversations and I was even on a DFS panel with Dave Potts, Ron Shandler and Todd Zola. That was a good one.

In fact, at the end of that panel, Potts was a ROCK STAR at this conference. Here was a guy who won the NFBC Main Event in 2012, started playing DFS in 2014, won a million dollars in August of 2014 and then won another million dollars in 2015. He's just a guy who started coming to the AFL Symposium in 2007 to learn more about baseball and now has made baseball his full-time job. Great story.

Which is why he was a ROCK STAR after that panel. Dave did a great job explaining how he got to this point, how others can get more involved in season-long and DFS, and he gave some tips on how to win at DFS. I called him the "Silent Assassin" and people could see why. Humble, quiet, but oh so smart. Great time.

I loved the games. AFL games are so cool because you can sit right behind home plate and watch these top stars up close. You learn so much just watching these guys over a few days. I'll talk more on the other thread about that, but it was a great, great week in Phoenix.

I'm all about baseball now. The hell with the Packers!! :lol: Baseball talk is coming next.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:39 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:If I wasn't so old, I'd sue somebody for age discrimination!

I've been told to under-promise and over-deliver. As a result, the draft room will be open February 1st. :o Hopefully we exceed expections and open it earlier!! ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks Greg- to me there was never a doubt.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:40 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:If I wasn't so old, I'd sue somebody for age discrimination!

I've been told to under-promise and over-deliver. As a result, the draft room will be open February 1st. :o Hopefully we exceed expections and open it earlier!! ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
On my tombstone-

DukeDean

Post by DukeDean » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:19 am

Lunatic wrote:Especially since I have to send the f'kng form in every f'kng year!!!
Now that the Lunatic has been satiated, when will the DC action kick off?
Last edited by DukeDean on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

DukeDean

Post by DukeDean » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 am

Oops ... I guess my reading comprehension classes failed me. Unfortunately, I will not be available on February 1st, as that is National Cake Pops Day and I have big plans with ShortBus' mom. But, February 2nd is wide open.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:32 am

DukeDean wrote:
Now that the Lunatic has been satiated, when will the DK action kick off?
Jim is one of the most passionate fantasy players I know. He's always welcome here in the NFBC and his language can easily be cleaned up with a bar of soap. I know he needed the money to buy his beautiful wife a gift, so all is good now.

As I stated earlier:

Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:43 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Oh, and post-season prizes are being worked on now as well. Hopefully we can get some love if those winning checks go out within two weeks of the World Series ending!! Now we're getting it done.
Now we are talking... Should I see it in my account tomorrow, then, since the World Series was over after game 1 ? :evil:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:38 pm

All remaining checks are going out in the mail today.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mlbbug

Post by mlbbug » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:15 pm

Received my direct deposit amount today. Now lets talk about 2016 drafting. :D

DOUGHBOYS

Re: Prizes To Begin Going Out This Week

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:01 pm

DOUGHBOYS wrote:"When do we get our check?"

"Still haven't gotten it!"

"You promised us it would be sent today!"

"Still haven't gotten it!"

"Got my check today!"

"You guys are the best!"

"Let's Draft!"

- Our yearly ritual.

.......We have reached the final stage!
On my tombstone-

Timcards

Post by Timcards » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for the deposit. Everything about this contest is first-rate so if the payment kinks ever get fixed, watch out

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:28 pm

Funds received today. Thanks!

If we had been told 11/10, or even 11/13, from the start, I believe much of this could have been avoided. Let's fix that for next yr. Appreciate the work in getting this out after all the backlash.

Bama

Post by Bama » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:57 am

TParsons wrote:Funds received today. Thanks!

If we had been told 11/10, or even 11/13, from the start, I believe much of this could have been avoided. Let's fix that for next yr. Appreciate the work in getting this out after all the backlash.

Speake for yourself. 5 and a half weeks after the season is over is totally unacceptable to Me. Bottom line we should have all been paid 2 weeks ago.

TParsons

Post by TParsons » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:00 pm

Bama wrote:
TParsons wrote:Funds received today. Thanks!

Speake for yourself. 5 and a half weeks after the season is over is totally unacceptable to Me. Bottom line we should have all been paid 2 weeks ago.
That's why I said "much" and not "all." I don't like it either, but it beats the hell out of being lied to about pay dates multiple times and then getting paid 5.5 weeks later.