New York Super League: Friday or Saturday?

76erfan

Re: New York Super League: Friday or Saturday?

Post by 76erfan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:01 am

What about 9, 230 and 8?

Any reason we can't start at nine?

Five hour window built into each and 30 min break in
Between. You will have guys that want to do all three.

I just think we have same issue as last year....Guys want to do both but don't want a partner if we leave it as is.

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:06 am

76erfan wrote:What about 9, 230 and 8?

Any reason we can't start at nine?

Five hour window built into each and 30 min break in
Between. You will have guys that want to do all three.

I just think we have same issue as last year....Guys want to do both but don't want a partner if we leave it as is.

+1 - I like this the best. Gives everyone options to be able to make each draft/auction. Otherwise we're back to the same schedule as prior years with overlap of Mixed 2500 and MTM.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:30 am

I'm concerned about starting the Friday morning auction too early because, unlike Vegas, most people are coming into the city that day. They aren't staying overnight. But if there is a strong consensus for a 9 am start time we can do that. But there really needs to be a strong consensus. We've been locked in at 10 am for several years and that time has worked well. So I don't want to make any rash changes to something that is working. But as I've been saying nothing is locked in and that's why this thread was created.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:37 am

Valid point but most guys get there 9ish anyway. You are telling them in late November it's 9 am....before sign ups start. Plenty of time to adjust travel schedules. Again I think what the people want is to do any of the three they want with no overlap. Give the people what they want...lol

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:42 am

Keep in mind there are people who only play in the 10 am auction so we need to make sure they are not being compromised by moving that earlier in the day. The "people" aren't just those who want to play in both of the $2,500 leagues. That's why this isn't an easy decision if the plan is to have all three on the same day. If moving the morning auction earlier helps those who play in both of the $2,500 leagues but hurts those who want to play in the morning auction we don't gain anything.

I will likely reach out to the 15 people who played in the 10 am auction last year to see if they're coming back and if an earlier start time hurts them or not. You can also post here if you played and let me know your thoughts as well. I'm fine with a 9 am start time as long as that isn't a problem for those who want to play in the morning auction. The East Coast folks know much better than I do if an earlier start time is an issue in terms of getting to the Hilton or a non-factor.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Red Sox Nation-

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:53 am

Greatest day of the year. Can't believe folks can't get to the Hilton by 9AM. If you run the draft at 5AM I'll be there 2 hours early.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:00 am

Reaching out to them makes sense. Also have to think that it be nice on easter weekend for some if you're getting them out an hour earlier on Friday afternoon that might be a plus too if they have weekend plans.. could have somebody who loves drafting NFBC auctions but also has Easter weekend plans now you allow them to do it Thursday night and Friday morning and be on the road by 3.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:Andy's right, there is already a $1,300 auction scheduled for Saturday night. The plan is to have a Friday morning auction and a Saturday evening auction like we had last year. I think there needs to be a 5-hour window for a baseball auction just to be on the safe side. So unless someone convinces me otherwise I'm going to go forward with a plan of:

10 am - $1,300 Auction
4 pm - $2,500 Auction
8 pm - Super

Even if we went 9:30 am, 3:30 pm for the first two that doesn't guarantee the $2,500 auction will be done in time for the Super so I don't see that as an option that really gains anything. So with the plan above this means people who want to play in the $2,500 leagues will either have to choose one or have a partner. I still think moving the Super to Saturday night is the best way to go but we can table that discussion for another year.
It appears as it now stands that unless everything prior is going to be moved back at least an hour, that there really isn't anyway of accommodating anyone who wants to do the $2500 auction and the MTM Super. We really can't push the Super back any later as I previously stated due to the post draft festivities afterwards, and we need to get going with the pre-draft festivities i.e. the league champion trophy presentation, the "iron balls" draft order draw, the Lisa Ann Boner Judging contest, etc. :shock: :lol: That being said, the Super starts at 8:00. I really don't think anyone who is going to shell out the money is going to want to miss the pre-draft and over an hour of the draft itself. The one year that someone tried the partner thing going back and forth between the auction, it did not work too well, and it was somewhat disruptive for the rest of us. The MTM Super has always been about everyone being there at the draft live from to start to finish, so I do not want to change this. I would love to have some new blood in the draft on a first come, first served basis, and hopefully this will work for some of you to jump into this one. Once I post the thread for this year, it is sure to fill up early and very fast, so either text, email, or message me if you want in as soon as possible. Looking forward to it. 8-)
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:51 pm

Mike - if I'm in NY I may consider the super

Brock

Post by Brock » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:29 pm

Andy's plan looks good to me. It seems that is the only possible solution for guys that want to draft all three on Friday. Hopefully this all gets worked out soon.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:01 pm

Gekko wrote:Mike - if I'm in NY I may consider the super
Mark, it would be good to have you if you're going to be there, although Glenn is banned from being your co-owner. ;) Keep an eye out for the MTM Super thread because this thing is going to fill quickly once it's up.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Brock wrote:Andy's plan looks good to me. It seems that is the only possible solution for guys that want to draft all three on Friday. Hopefully this all gets worked out soon.
Andy's plan only works if the auction gets moved to 9:00 a.m. Friday morning to push both auctions back an hour to allow for anyone who wants to participate in both the $2500 auction and the Super later that night. Either way, the MTM will have no shortage of eager participants lining up to get a piece of the action. 8-)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:20 am

Based on the early feedback I'm getting 9 am isn't going to be a problem. Nothing is locked in just yet but it's looking like we could go with:

9 am ET - $1,300 Auction
2:30 pm ET - $2,500 Auction
8 pm ET - Super

Once a final decision is made I'll let you know.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Great news Tom! Hope it works out!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:59 am

The New York schedule of events is now on registration except for the $2,500 auction. We're still working on that one. But you can now sign up for everything else on the schedule. If something else is missing let me know. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Tom: Thanks. Just signed up for the NYC Main Event on Thursday and Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

MTM: Mike, I'm giving some serious thought to throwing my hat into the MTM Super, if there is room for me. Any idea yet whether there will be openings? Should I sign-up on-line or wait until you check with last year's participants? Thanks. (Either way, I'm in for the dinner Friday night.)

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:13 pm

just signed up for all three $1300 auctions in nyc....I want to be in the 2500 auction too but per Tom's instruction Ill wait til the right time is on registration....I definitely want a spot though so you can throw me on a list. Thanks:)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:26 am

Hey boys, I am going to send out an email giving last year's crew a heads up first, and then post the list of those who are most likely officially committed and in by this weekend. As is the case each year, I'm sure that there will end up being a couple of openings to fill and perhaps more, but as of now, Mike and Andy, you're my first two on the list for the right of first refusal if you want in after I hear back from everyone. I believe Jason wants in as well as long as the $2500 auction doesn't conflict with our 8:00 p.m. sharp start time Friday night, March 25th. The MTM 2016 Super Thread will be up and running soon with all the details and accompanying tomfoolery and monkeyshines whatever the fuck that means. :mrgreen:

Roy's Outlaws

Post by Roy's Outlaws » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Tom , sign me up for the $2500 Auction ,now on friday afternoon. Thanks Roy

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:18 am

I have been getting emails back on this, and I have been encouraging last year's returning owners to log in and officially register for the MTM Super. I will get my usual thread up and running for this year's event shortly, but in the meantime, please be sure to put down Andre Bourcier, Phil Bachner, Eddie Gillis, and Gaetan Lavoie as in for this year's event as well if they haven't already registered as of this post. I believe everyone else who has emailed me so far has registered through the site and are listed. There are two openings for sure as of now, and they go to Mike Mager and Jason Duponte who I believe were the first two to let me know on this via private message and on this thread that they wanted a spot, so please add them to the list as well. You guys should officially register as of this post. Looking forward to having you. 8-) The next four on the waiting list are Mike DeCavalcante, Alan Greenberg, Roy Ericson, and Gekko in that order should more spots open up. Greg/Tom, please make a note of this and do not take any other registrants until I make sure that everyone that has been promised a spot in this league gets one. Thanks.

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:32 am

Baseball Furies wrote:I have been getting emails back on this, and I have been encouraging last year's returning owners to log in and officially register for the MTM Super. I will get my usual thread up and running for this year's event shortly, but in the meantime, please be sure to put down Andre Bourcier, Phil Bachner, Eddie Gillis, and Gaetan Lavoie as in for this year's event as well if they haven't already registered as of this post. I believe everyone else who has emailed me so far has registered through the site and are listed. There are two openings for sure as of now, and they go to Mike Mager and Jason Duponte who I believe were the first two to let me know on this via private message and on this thread that they wanted a spot, so please add them to the list as well. You guys should officially register as of this post. Looking forward to having you. 8-) The next four on the waiting list are Mike DeCavalcante, Alan Greenberg, Roy Ericson, and Gekko in that order should more spots open up. Greg/Tom, please make a note of this and do not take any other registrants until I make sure that everyone that has been promised a spot in this league gets one. Thanks.
Thanks, Mike. I just registered. Looking forward to it.

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"