There is Going to be a Party in Vegas, Boys and Girls!

Glenneration X

Re: There is Going to be a Party in Vegas, Boys and Girls!

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 am

Mikey, this sounds like a blast. Nice job setting this all up for the rest of us. A few minor requests though.....

1 - Any chance of getting Eddie Van Halen and Dave Potts together for a dueling guitars version of Eruption?

2 - Please tell me that KJ's hot tub will NOT be part of the festivities (unless Cassavetes brings Kate Upton that is).

3 - If we lose Juprinka, do we have roof access?

MtM preparing to give Juprinka "Mikey the Mouth to mouth" as KJ looks on in concern (and disgust).

4. And lastly, what's Tom's discount cost code again? Ummmm.... Dusty was curious.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:34 am

Glenneration X wrote:Mikey, this sounds like a blast. Nice job setting this all up for the rest of us. A few minor requests though.....

1 - Any chance of getting Eddie Van Halen and Dave Potts together for a dueling guitars version of Eruption?

2 - Please tell me that KJ's hot tub will NOT be part of the festivities (unless Cassavetes brings Kate Upton that is).

3 - If we lose Juprinka, do we have roof access?

MtM preparing to give Juprinka "Mikey the Mouth to mouth" as KJ looks on in concern (and disgust).

4. And lastly, what's Tom's discount cost code again? Ummmm.... Dusty was curious.

Happy to do it for everyone, Lowry. :mrgreen: In answer to your questions, if Eddie Van Halen does end up showing, I'm sure I can arrange something. But the best you're going to get out of Potts is probably something along the lines of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" in terms of dueling anything. At which point Eddie will most likely have vomited and left the premises. :P

https://youtu.be/FgvfRSzmMoU
In this video: The Dave Potts Band at the MTM Vegas Party (Note: Eddie Valen will have left by this point)

There will be no KJ hot tub. He will be elsewhere sharing a cozy evening with Joe Berg and Chad Schroeder somewhere from what I'm told. :roll:

If we do in fact lose Juprinka, we will know exactly where to find him...in his room pouring over his draft sheets by about 11:00 p.m.... in his matching, full-length Bellagio pajamas with his glass of warm milk. :lol:

Tom said that I am not allowed to share the code, but he will share where he gets the best ones. However, no guarantees that they will be there due to past traumatic experiences. :shock: :lol:

But no matter what happens, as you said, it is going to be a blast! Not to be missed, so if anyone wants in, there is about room for 15 more give or take. Would love to meet as many of you out there who I have not yet met and who would love to have the extreme pleasure of meeting and hanging out with me for a few hours. :mrgreen: Just post to this thread or PM me. Thanks.
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Doctor Who

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:39 am

Glenneration X wrote:

Tom told me that his discount codes could be found on his paid subscription website. Or maybe that was Todd that said something about a paid subscription website... So many of these things I can't Keep track anymore! :lol:

I alas have paid for every subscription on these message boards to find it and still haven't. It has become more elusive than Fox Mulder's quest to believe in the unexplained. Maybe there in lies the answer since Tom did write an X-files fan fiction! I bet you its on a certain page number that you have to decipher!!! Dammit, now I have to try and find a way to subscribe to that...

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 am

I have updated the guest list. This thing just gets better everyday with the company who will be in attendance. 8-) Looking forward to add a few more of you who are going to be out there on Thursday who would like to join the festivities with some great NFBC vets. Sure to be a great time and a memorable night!
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base." ~Dave Barry

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:12 am

The guest list has been updated once again, and I am happy to announce that Mario Maglieri himself will be joining us for the festivities that evening. Who is Mario Maglieri you may ask? I haven't the slightest fucking idea. He's just a newbie who jumped into one or two of my fast DC's and fell in love with what a great guy and wonderful human being I am, so he felt compelled to join us after the Main Even that we will be doing together out in Vegas that night prior. :mrgreen: This being said, I can tell you that he is a solid individual from the great state of New Jersey like yours truly, and a pretty good fast drafter as well who generally puts together shitty teams, so I'm looking forward to him being in my Main Event that evening. :P He says he doesn't know anyone, so let's make sure that he feels welcomed that night...now if I can just figure out a good way to tell him that it is customary for all newbies to buy the first round of drinks for everyone, we'll be good. :lol:

So who else wants in? There are a few more reservations available. Even if you're new and won't know many of us out there, it will be a great a time, and we'll put you at Mario's table. ;)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:47 am

Baseball Furies wrote:The guest list has been updated once again, and I am happy to announce that Mario Maglieri himself will be joining us for the festivities that evening. Who is Mario Maglieri you may ask? I haven't the slightest fucking idea. He's just a newbie who jumped into one or two of my fast DC's and fell in love with what a great guy and wonderful human being I am, so he felt compelled to join us after the Main Even that we will be doing together out in Vegas that night prior. :mrgreen: This being said, I can tell you that he is a solid individual from the great state of New Jersey like yours truly, and a pretty good fast drafter as well who generally puts together shitty teams, so I'm looking forward to him being in my Main Event that evening. :P He says he doesn't know anyone, so let's make sure that he feels welcomed that night...now if I can just figure out a good way to tell him that it is customary for all newbies to buy the first round of drinks for everyone, we'll be good. :lol:

So who else wants in? There are a few more reservations available. Even if you're new and won't know many of us out there, it will be a great a time, and we'll put you at Mario's table. ;)
Wow, you and Mario have a lot in common.

The same initials....

Both from the errr ummm the "great" state of Jersey.... :?

And especially....
Baseball Furies wrote:generally puts together shitty teams

You two should get along great. :mrgreen:

Donnie Baseball

Post by Donnie Baseball » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:55 pm

The more I think about it, there is probably more upside being with Jupinka going over his draft sheets with him even it includes drinking milk.
Don Warner

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Glenneration X wrote:
Baseball Furies wrote:The guest list has been updated once again, and I am happy to announce that Mario Maglieri himself will be joining us for the festivities that evening. Who is Mario Maglieri you may ask? I haven't the slightest fucking idea. He's just a newbie who jumped into one or two of my fast DC's and fell in love with what a great guy and wonderful human being I am, so he felt compelled to join us after the Main Even that we will be doing together out in Vegas that night prior. :mrgreen: This being said, I can tell you that he is a solid individual from the great state of New Jersey like yours truly, and a pretty good fast drafter as well who generally puts together shitty teams, so I'm looking forward to him being in my Main Event that evening. :P He says he doesn't know anyone, so let's make sure that he feels welcomed that night...now if I can just figure out a good way to tell him that it is customary for all newbies to buy the first round of drinks for everyone, we'll be good. :lol:

Wow, you and Mario have a lot in common.

The same initials....

Both from the errr ummm the "great" state of Jersey.... :?

And especially....
Baseball Furies wrote:generally puts together shitty teams

You two should get along great. :mrgreen:

Pretty funny there, Lowry. Just having a difficult time finding a draft we have been in together recently that you have finished ahead of me. You're past your prime, just like Juprinka. Not even he has been able to finish ahead of me recently in the MTM Super. :mrgreen:

And speaking of Juprinka, here is a sample itinerary of how his night will go come the night of the big MTM Vegas party:

10:30 p.m Steve arrives late claiming jet-lag even though he came in on a flight the day prior.
Real reason: He lost track of time making sure that all of his cheat sheets were properly color coordinated, collated, bound, and sheet protected to protect against spills before, during, and after the drafts.

11:00 p.m. Steve begins to nervously start checking his watch in 10-15 minute intervals claiming he thinks he left the stove on in his hotel room (even though there are no stoves at the Holiday Inn where he staying to save money), and that he may have to excuse himself early because he did not put his cheat sheets in the fire proof safe before he left his room.

Real reason: He isn't creative enough to come up with a better excuse to avoid telling us that he needs to be in bed by 11:30 p.m. to get a full 8-10 hours of sleep so that he can have full mental acuity come his big drafts that don't begin until Saturday and Sunday.

11:30 p.m. Now two sheets to the wind after one beer and a cigar, Steve claims that he's "over doing a bit" and needs to excuse himself to the bathroom.

Real reason:Now facing a return to his hotel far past his originally planned bedtime, Steve sneaks away to the bathroom to call Holiday Inn security to bump up the surveillance of his room and to let him know immediately if anyone comes inquiring as to "which room NFBC Hall of Famer, Steve Jupinka is staying in?" for fear of foul play.

12:30 a.m. The party now in full swing, and another beer into it, Steve has been coaxed into delivering an impromptu workshop by several people in attendance which he entitles, "Winning it all in the NFBC the Steve Jupinka Way".

12:40 a.m. After speaking for 10 minutes everyone listening comes to the harsh realization that they have learned absolutely nothing in terms of Steve's trade secrets and strategies as per usual, but have learned a lot about what an incredible bore he is if you let him talk that long.

1:00 a.m. Steve is no where to be found. Glenn Lowry suggests checking the roof. However before we can do so, a note is found on a cocktail napkin Steve has surreptitiously left with the bartender apologizing for his early exit without saying his good byes to everyone. He had gotten a call from Greg asking him to be at an NFBC PR and marketing event sponsored by Fan Duel, and he had to be up early the next morning to be a glowing representative on Greg's behalf (now how many things were wrong with this last sentence? :lol: ).

Real reason: Steve's wife called to make sure that he wasn't out past his usual 10:00 p.m. EST weekday curfew. :oops:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:37 pm

Almost a day gone by and all quiet from Juprinka. I think either his feelings were hurt, or more likely he is still scrambling to revise and revamp his bullshit excuse cheat sheets for Vegas because I nailed it. :P :lol: :lol:

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:24 am

So I did finally hear back from Steve. He said that the part about the Bellagio pajamas was total bullshit. He's right. The best he could muster would be his robe from the Holiday Inn. :mrgreen: Juprinka modeled it last year for this shot below.

He was also caught in these candid photos doing what he loves to do most...hopping into bed and snuggling up with his piles of spread sheets. :roll: :P

Yup, this about says it all! :lol:

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Cripes Mouth, I've seen you WAY off base before (i.e. your drafts the last 6 years ) but this portrayal takes the cake.

I sit at a desk.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:31 am

Excited to announce that I picked up some Dominicans and Cubans this past weekend for the big event. 8-)

Okay, you got me...I'm referencing cigars. These others were just too damn expensive, and I was getting a lot of shit about the airfare. :lol:

I did pick up a couple of Cubans that I could afford, but these are for Juprinka for all the ball-busting he's been taking. :mrgreen:

KJ can have sloppy seconds. :shock: Of course that is if he stops being a cheap ass party pooper, and sticks a crowbar in his wallet so he can join us for the festivities. :P

More on this and the possible cage match between me and Schroeder I'm working on setting up as the Main Event that evening. It'll be very quick, so I won't be charging for it. However, the Bellagio has a huge fee for douchebag removal after these sorts of things, so it might end up being cost prohibitive. :P :lol:

Still have a few spots available if anyone else would like to join us for a memorable event that just keeps getting better all the time. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:26 am

Today was a big day as I received confirmation that none other than Fast Eddie Gillis himself along with his posse of fellow Rhode Island homies will be joining us for these festivities. 8-) Unfortunately, his compadre who we all know and love, Dave Deterra, will not be making the trip out with him. This is probably a good thing since I'm not sure that I could get the bar in the suite stocked with enough generic orange soda, and get my hands on a sufficient size bag of apples, but this is a whole other story. ;) :lol: At least I will have the pleasure of Mr. Deterra's company in the MTM Super as a returning charter member this year since Gillis bailed for his trip out to Vegas, and Deterra slid into his vacated spot. As the luck of the "Iron Balls" KDS would have it, I believe I had the pleasure of drafting next to Deterra twice over the years, and I can tell you, there is nothing like it. Definitely a test of your sanity and intestinal fortitude. :lol: :lol:

We're almost at a full house, so if you're thinking about joining us, don't delay or you may end up on the outside looking in!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:31 am

It's been a few days, so I thought I'd just check in to let everyone know that even though all has been quiet on the boards, (except for one particular dickhead's pathetic and sad thread that was posted and soon ignored by all :roll:) , I have been hard at work behind the scenes working on as much additional prep as I can think of that will make the evening an even more enjoyable experience for all in attendance.

For instance, right now I am trying to figure out what the best door prizes will be, and I'm deciding between either an autographed photo of Lindy and his prize sow, or a KJ Duke limited edition piggy bank so when everyone puts their loose change in it, they can be reminded of his absence at the festivities that evening due to his cheapassness. And I can make up words because this is my fucking thread dammit! :P

In this photo, a proud Lindy Hinkelman. (if you are attending, yours will be signed, of course) :mrgreen:

OR

One of these can be yours...In this photo: KJ checks in on his savings account. :P :mrgreen:
Last edited by Baseball Furies on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:18 am

kanye.jpg
kanye.jpg (149.04 KiB) Viewed 7576 times

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:49 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
kanye.jpg

Now you have sunk to the level of comparing me to Kanye?! Man, you're desperate to prove yourself. :oops: All I can say, is what I have said before: "You can't put a price on a good time!" And this one is going to be the best gathering of NFBC competitors on a social level in Vegas in quite some time, if ever. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there in just a few short weeks! 8-)

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:37 pm

I can't pass up this opportunity to rub elbows with NFBC royalty in a setting where they're not actively assembling teams to trounce me. :lol:

Add me to the list, Mike!

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Yah Mule wrote:I can't pass up this opportunity to rub elbows with NFBC royalty in a setting where they're not actively assembling teams to trounce me. :lol:

Add me to the list, Mike!

Awesome having you, Jim. It's going to be a blast! And I hope it's okay, being from Colorado, I told everyone that you're bringing the Image. Hope you don't mind.

P.S. That was code for a little sample of what Jim has in his greenhouse back home. ;)

Image. Wait, are those ferns, Jim? :shock:

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:53 am

Colorado has become such a hub for herb that Denver International Airport is now patrolled by these Labradors, who are the most adorable narcs you've ever seen. I don't know how they expect people to return to a place like Kansas without something to ease the pain. But I'm sure my friends in Vegas will have me covered next month. :mrgreen:

Bob Enzyte

Post by Bob Enzyte » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:39 am

It has been 3 days since Mikey has updated this thread. I think he's having trouble filling out the guest list. Mikey's problem is he doesn't think big enough. Hehe, big enough, he has other not big enough problems, but I'll stick to his thinking for now. Mikey, you have to come up with something BIG to fill this thing up. How about hiring the Kars4Kids band to play? They would surely draw the people in. Plus everyone would leave with that precious jingle in their head. A parting gift, if you will. Come on Mikey, GET 'ER DONE!!!!

Bob Enzyte

Post by Bob Enzyte » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:45 am

I'll still be available to sign the poster. I know that will go over big. I have to be honest here though. Me and ole Nancy had to part ways. She just wasn't producing like she used to do. So sad. But I'll have my eye on the next class winner.

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:00 am

Bob Enzyte wrote:I'll still be available to sign the poster. I know that will go over big. I have to be honest here though. Me and ole Nancy had to part ways. She just wasn't producing like she used to do. So sad. But I'll have my eye on the next class winner.

Ah Lindy, I have to say that I find it fiendishly ironic that the name you picked for your prize sow is the name of my ex-wife. Couldn't be a more fitting tribute. :twisted:

Now, back to business. I have just updated the guest list yet again to include our newest NFBC Vet who will be gracing us with his presence at the party, Matt Modica. Matt put few a stipulations on his attendance, however:

1. If it will make Lindy happy. Check.
2. If the great Steve Juprinka is going to be there. Check.
3. There has to be Johnny Walker Blue at the bar. Ouch! That one is going to cost me a few bucks, but...Check.
4. I have to humiliate the shit out of Chad and Joe in front of everyone at some point during the weekend. Fine, if he says so. :mrgreen:
5. Shawn Childs has to be there just for the sheer entertainment value of his wardrobe and haircut. This may take some
doing given the Bellagio doesn't let vagrants into the hotel after a certain hour, so I'm going to need to pull some strings. :P
6. I have to get the Kars For Kids Band to be there to do their jingle for Lindy, but preferably Aerosmith instead. :shock: There goes another $1.3 million of our money into this thing. :roll: Let's see, divided about 25 ways, comes to about $52,000 per head. Chump change for Hinkelman and Potts. The two of them combined should foot the bill. :P :lol: I, however will chip in the $195.00 it will take to have that insipid jingle band there to help defray some of the cost. :mrgreen:

Okay, I'll admit, only three of these stipulations are accurate. The other three were dredged up by sharp as a whip comedic mind. So just consider yourself lucky that I'm on here, and not leaving all the humor to Greg and Tom...unless you consider the draft technology that we are using to be humorous, in which case they're hysterical. :roll: :P

So is anyone else going to be out in Vegas Thursday night the 31st who would like to join the party? You need to post to this thread or PM me within the next week, and then I'm closing this bad boy out! Going to be a memorable and fun night for all. 8-)

Baseball Furies

Post by Baseball Furies » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:05 pm

I know everyone gets excited when they see a notification from this thread pop on their mobile device (or Lindy's case, when it arrives by carrier pigeon), but this one is just business. I have finalized everything with the Bellagio and I'm giving them the final head count Monday. Most all of the money either with them or the stuff I've done on my own has been committed or shelled out, so now it's time for everyone to please ante up. :D So Paypal works best for me ([email protected]), but you can PM or email me if you would like to send me a check (preferably a non-rubber one). Money orders, chattel other than livestock (again Lindy, you can hold on to your sow, Nancy :mrgreen: ), gold bullion and or other precious metals, potentially stock futures, first born children, and the like can also be negotiated.

The final cost per head again is $140. This means if you're coming with someone as your significant other, that counts as two heads, you and her. If she is some sort of mutant or a conjoined twin, then she'll be $280 if she has two heads plus your $140. I think you get how the math works by now. So everyone please make this part easy for me and take care of the money in a timely manner so I don't need to be dealing with it out in Vegas...or afterwards if you stiff me and I have to send Milt for you.

This being Milt.

I will also be texting, emailing, or PMing everyone individually as well, but I wanted to post it to this thread as well. Anyone else who wants in, feel free to let me know. I have a little time and a few days to add a few more. Cannot friggin' wait for this one! I hope everyone is excited about hanging out with me as I am. :mrgreen:

Bob Enzyte

Post by Bob Enzyte » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:23 am

What??? We have to pay for this??????

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:21 am

Oh, we can barter our way in? I can offer a CUBS XXL jacket (probably a perfect fit for your neck size) that I bought a long time ago that doesn't fit me, or 2 pair of used running socks (no holes). I don't have any livestock like Lindy (he's the champ and I'm not), but I might also consider throwing in a pound of smoked bacon for a couple of passes.