Free speech be damned --- Curt Schilling fired

Edwards Kings

Re: Free speech be damned --- Curt Schilling fired

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:56 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Gekko wrote:Take your nation back citizens!!! Good for you
Laughable.

Nothing changes for English Joe Schmo.
It's the same nonsense as American Joe Schmo voting for the Donald because he's not a politician.
He looks, sounds, and talks like a politician. Not passing the duck test.
Really, I don't remember a vote in which Joe Schmo could truly declare victory.
If ANY nation takes back their country, it would not be through a vote.
Anarchist! :lol:

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:07 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Laughable.

It's the same nonsense as American Joe Schmo voting for the Donald because he's not a politician.
Nothing changes for their citizens? Your opinion is laughable :lol:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:08 am

Gekko wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Laughable.

Nothing changes for their citizens? Your opinion is laughable :lol:
Oh, things will change.
Getting back their nation?
Which is what you said.
Ha!
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 am

**** multiculturalism! and **** open borders! 8-)

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:17 am

German president: "Elites aren't the problem. The population is the problem"

nite Nite :twisted:

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:18 am

Gekko wrote:**** multiculturalism! and **** open borders! 8-)
Changes, yes.

Much the same as when one party overtakes another party at the Presidential level.
Some exhort the change.
Joe Schmo simply goes to work Monday morning.
On my tombstone-

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:23 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Changes, yes.

Much the same as when one party overtakes another party at the Presidential level.
Some exhort the change.
Doughy - Do u know what you are talking about? LOL

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:24 am

Gekko wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:
Changes, yes.

Some exhort the change.
Doughy - Do u know what you are talking about? LOL
Mark- Sorry for the interruption.
Please, continue overstating comments.
On my tombstone-

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 am

Wonder if Joe Schmo cares about this...

"Filthy migrant shanty towns have sprung up around the outside of London. Their residents, living rent free so they can drastically undercut other workers in the UK, fear Britain voting to leave the European Union (EU)."

Ya, doesn't seem like that would impact The average citizen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just one of many examples

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:31 am

And **** the central banks of the world. Countries should all take a page out of Iceland's playbook

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:33 am

Gekko wrote:Wonder if Joe Schmo cares about this...

"Filthy migrant shanty towns have sprung up around the outside of London. Their residents, living rent free so they can drastically undercut other workers in the UK, fear Britain voting to leave the European Union (EU)."

Earthshaking.
On my tombstone-

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:35 am

FYI...Trump receives a celebrity endorsement! The ultimate Cliff Clavin of all the Cliff Clavins' of the world!

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:38 am

DOUGHBOYS wrote:

Earthshaking.
Obviously if u don't care about your citizens, "migrants" living rent free and undercutting citizen's jobs wouldn't be a problem for you. Thankfully doughy, your kind of thinking of this matter, has been rejected by the citizens.

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:39 am

wayne- 45% and 51%- doesn't look correct at all. Germany + france alone should be greater than uk- without the other counties. when I googled it- a quick look- I came up with about 15%- 20%

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:46 am

Gekko wrote:
DOUGHBOYS wrote:

Earthshaking.
Obviously if u don't care about your citizens, "migrants" living rent free and undercutting citizen's jobs wouldn't be a problem for you. Thankfully doughy, your kind of thinking of this matter, has been rejected by the citizens.
Blah, blah, and finally, blah.
On my tombstone-

Navel Lint

Post by Navel Lint » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 am

:roll:

Answer: Approx 80 years
Question: How long before "Us" becomes "Them"

The above is a picture of one of the many "Hoovervilles" that populated the United States in the 20's and 30's.
I wonder who lived there? I wonder if any "filthy migrants" lived there? I wonder if any of our hard working ancestors lived there?
Russel -Navel Lint

"Fans don't boo nobodies"
-Reggie Jackson

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 am

Sound like doughy and navel should move into the "filthy migrant shanty towns"

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:59 am

Gekko wrote:Sound like doughy and navel should move into the "filthy migrant shanty towns"
$$$$ ENGLAND TAKES BACK NATION$$$$
On my tombstone-

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 am

From earlier this year...

Germany's acceptance of more than a million refugees fleeing Syria and other troubled spots last year is undergoing intense scrutiny after an outburst of reported assaults on women in at least five cities on New Year's Eve.

Nearly 300 women in Cologne, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Duesseldorf and Frankfurt had filed complaints with police saying they were groped, molested or robbed by unruly mobs of up to 1,000 young men when New Year's Eve street-party celebrations turned into wanton violence, officials said.

[Doughy doesn't care about the above paragraph]

The assaults — and a slow trickle of information from authorities in Cologne, Hamburg and Stuttgart acknowledging that the suspects included newly arrived refugees — unsettled some Germans and appeared to at least temporarily damage public support for giving shelter to so many refugees. For many Germans, there has been a growing sense that the country of 82 million is losing control of its borders and city centers after 1.1 million people from the Middle East, Africa and Asia arrived in the last 12 months.

Wonder if the citizens of Germany care about this? Hahahaha!!!

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:20 am

There definitely is a parallel in the Brexit vote and the Donald Trump campaign. Anti-political sediment is obviously more serious than anyone thought in the UK and the same might be said for the US.

If you look at the actual Brexit vote, London voted 60/40 to stay in the EU. That says a lot. I think you might see a split of the UK from this vote. Scotland and Ireland voted to stay and are not happy.

Overall, I agree with Mark. This is a vote against the current political climate and it is a win for the citizens of the UK and a big loss for the political elite, and hopefully the same happens in our country. Just my opinion. FWIW.

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:25 am

headhunters wrote:wayne- 45% and 51%- doesn't look correct at all. Germany + france alone should be greater than uk- without the other counties. when I googled it- a quick look- I came up with about 15%- 20%
You are correct. I could swear I saw the numbers I wrote, but now cannot replicate. My bad.
Charles Krauthammer

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:KJ, can you share any thoughts on Brexit? Impact in UK, EU, US? I think it could be a bumpy ride today and probably quite a few more, but have no idea as to long-term impacts....
This is a vote against politicians that think they can "fix" things while having no clue of the actual impacts and unforeseen consequences, those with little regard for their citizens well-being and freedom. Citizens/voters are suckers for many years until the real truths of political failure reveal themselves.

The EU has always been a disaster in waiting as you cannot manage a multitude of highly differentiated sovereign economies as one economy, let alone the basic sovereignty/rights of very different populations. "Grand plan" political agendas rarely end well; they sound good, they win votes and make for wonderful grandstanding politicians. More so than an economic union, the EU's prime objective always was to achieve political stability ... but it probably has turned out to be the opposite of that on account of the economic hardship that it helped create.

As for the US, political similarities aside, it ensures interest rates will remain as they are with global weakness far outweighing any (very modest) domestic improvements. The market will like this on the one hand, but on the other it creates more weakness in global markets and thus lower corporate earnings. Earnings already were looking lower on a year over year basis for the S&P500 on slightly down revenues, which made the recent market recovery look suspect. We'll see more of that with top-line and margin pressure.

We need a weaker dollar to help bail out the many growth-challenged emerging economies that peg currencies to the US dollar, so the Fed not pushing rates up is helpful is that respect. Although now how will the dollar respond vs the Euro as the year goes on? And how much further downward pressure will materialize in EU demand?

From a longer-term perspective I think this is the start of a structural improvement, but in the short-term it creates more uncertainty and demand-side weakness. Gotta start somewhere, the US is in the same boat. You can keep kicking the can and let things get structurally worse and worse, or start the painful process of correcting massive political failures.

As for the markets, we had elevated cash levels heading into this and I'm in no hurry to bargain-hunt. For clients we bought nothing today, not even tempted. Normally a down 600 day has me bargain-hunting, but today I saw nothing but some nice short-lived flip trades off the opening lows.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:44 pm

From a longer-term perspective I think this is the start of a structural improvement, but in the short-term it creates more uncertainty and demand-side weakness. Gotta start somewhere, the US is in the same boat. You can keep kicking the can and let things get structurally worse and worse, or start the painful process of correcting massive political failures.

Sounds like the UK traded a fading slugger for prospects.
They'll need to rebuild and hope the prospects blossom.
On my tombstone-

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Stated much better than I could...

Any compound growth rate in anything that does not have a terminal date (that is, a date at which said growth ceases) is by mathematical definition and trivial mathematical proof a fraud.

We have central banks, politicians, media outlets, investment firms, individual investment advisers, pension administrators and more who have all run various versions of this fraud on the public over a period spanning decades. They know it's a fraud too, because their actions all confirm such in that virtually everything they have done over the last 30 years has had one impact and goal above all others: extending the time during which said fraud can continue to appear to be possible.

Look at the pension managers over the last 30+ years. They have and continue to this day to believe in 8%+ gains on a compounded, permanent basis. This is impossible to sustain; you cannot have growth in an asset base that exceeds that of GDP, and GDP cannot permanently expand at a rate beyond that of advancement in technology and population.

Or, if you prefer, look at health care expense at the federal level. Last (fiscal) year those expenses grew by about 9%. Over the last 20 years it's been running just over 7% annually, which leads to two doublings in that time frame (Rule of 72.) This is impossible to sustain

The fact of the matter is that asset price increases over the last 30 years are mostly a function of the cost of leverage -- that is, credit. As it has fallen asset prices have gone up. (We have been ZIRP for years).

Brexit is nothing more or less than the first hint of recognition that the politicians, media, investment houses, pension managers and advisers have built a bridge too far with too few supports -- the end fell off into the sea.

Nite Nite is coming :x

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:45 pm

KJ Duke wrote: As for the markets, we had elevated cash levels heading into this and I'm in no hurry to bargain-hunt. For clients we bought nothing today, not even tempted. Normally a down 600 day has me bargain-hunting, but today I saw nothing but some nice short-lived flip trades off the opening lows.

Wow...and to think that I thought you were just some nerdy math professor.

Judging from your post, you are probably one of the famous Duke brothers. So, which one are you, Mortimer or Randolph?

Looking good, Billy Ray.

Feeling good, Louis.