Somewhat political post, non baseball

Edwards Kings

Re: Somewhat political post, non baseball

Post by Edwards Kings » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 am

headhunters wrote:EK- you are catching on- you go guy. that federal deficit would look waaaaaaay better if no trillions spent on stupid wars and defending us against 50,000 smucks in the desert and the trillions spent on the "safety net" that encourages people not to work, get fat and NEVER question that medical bill- because- you know- they ain't paying anyway. f the dems and the repubs.

Well, if I stick around you enough, you will undoubtedly rub off on me and I may learn something! :lol:

I may not agree with all the sentiments you mention, but I am, too, pretty damn fed up!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:02 pm

cfolson wrote:
BK METS wrote: The big difference is, there was a massive cover up of epic proportions, which if the administration would have dealt with it honestly and swiftly, these people would not have died.
This is just stupid. Even the highly partisan Republican report on Benghazi doesn't allege this.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... cans-died/

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:21 am

BK METS wrote:
cfolson wrote:
BK METS wrote: The big difference is, there was a massive cover up of epic proportions, which if the administration would have dealt with it honestly and swiftly, these people would not have died.
This is just stupid. Even the highly partisan Republican report on Benghazi doesn't allege this.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... cans-died/
Yeah, that's a great source. Here is one that is actually not biased.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... nt-round-/

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:44 am

In my last post I outlined a handful of 100% facts that are in the actual report or were on national display through televised reports during the time period this mess took place. One cannot get away from or deny they lied when it is on full display on video tape.

It is undeniable that there was new information in this report.

It is undeniable that there was wrong doing by Clinton (though I would never go as far to say "she killed" anyone as some do).

It is undeniable that the corrupt main stream media is protecting her.

We live in scary times.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:47 am

Election year much? :D :D :D
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

headhunters

Post by headhunters » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:23 am

"100% facts" pretty sure that is the only kind there are. maybe 99% sure that all facts are 100% facts.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:39 am

headhunters wrote:"100% facts" pretty sure that is the only kind there are. maybe 99% sure that all facts are 100% facts.
Pretty sure / maybe = opinion :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:59 pm

I think this "somewhat political post" was meant to be a political post. :o I think it's gotten the exact type of responses that was expected during this election season. Not sure how it makes anyone feel better about baseball -- is there anything more draining, more disappointing, more embarrassing than American politics? -- but I guess someone felt the discussion was necessary.

Carry on with this if you'd like. As long as Wisconsin doesn't Brexit from the United States I'm pretty happy. Not with our politics, but overall I am happy.

And here's a question for all of us Baby Boomers: Among all the smart people born between 1946 and 1965, we couldn't find two more worthy people to run for President than what we have today? I mean, seriously, all of the smart people who have transformed this great country over the last 40+ years and these are our options for President? As a great generation, we should be embarrassed that we couldn't find any other Baby Boomers who were better to run our country than the two options today.

I guess it's time to hand the reigns to the X Generation after this election. There's no way they can do as badly as we did this time around. :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I think this "somewhat political post" was meant to be a political post. :o I think it's gotten the exact type of responses that was expected during this election season. Not sure how it makes anyone feel better about baseball -- is there anything more draining, more disappointing, more embarrassing than American politics? -- but I guess someone felt the discussion was necessary.

Carry on with this if you'd like. As long as Wisconsin doesn't Brexit from the United States I'm pretty happy. Not with our politics, but overall I am happy.

And here's a question for all of us Baby Boomers: Among all the smart people born between 1946 and 1965, we couldn't find two more worthy people to run for President than what we have today? I mean, seriously, all of the smart people who have transformed this great country over the last 40+ years and these are our options for President? As a great generation, we should be embarrassed that we couldn't find any other Baby Boomers who were better to run our country than the two options today.

I guess it's time to hand the reigns to the X Generation after this election. There's no way they can do as badly as we did this time around. :lol:
You are right, but the problem is, smart people have no desire to be president.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Here is the question posed by a local paper....

'How many people do you personally know that you would vote for President over either of the two party candidates?'

Most people can easily name three. Some, more.
There are just darned few folks with integrity that are willing to play the political game.
On my tombstone-

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:01 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:I guess it's time to hand the reigns to the X Generation after this election. There's no way they can do as badly as we did this time around. :lol:
Now THAT is something I could get whole-heartedly behind....wait...you meant "Glenneration X" right?
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:20 pm

In what other investigation by the FBI and Department of Justice, is the husband of the defendant allowed to have a secret private meeting with the Attorney General leading the case? The fix is on.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:22 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:I guess it's time to hand the reigns to the X Generation after this election. There's no way they can do as badly as we did this time around. :lol:
Now THAT is something I could get whole-heartedly behind....wait...you meant "Glenneration X" right?
Glenn can't take the job because it's a reduction in pay and there's no smoking in the White House!! :lol:
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:23 pm

BK METS wrote:In what other investigation by the FBI and Department of Justice, is the husband of the defendant allowed to have a secret private meeting with the Attorney General leading the case? The fix is on.
No doubt that the best place for a fix is in an airport terminal.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

BK METS

Post by BK METS » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:23 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
BK METS wrote:In what other investigation by the FBI and Department of Justice, is the husband of the defendant allowed to have a secret private meeting with the Attorney General leading the case? The fix is on.
No doubt that the best place for a fix is in an airport terminal.
Clinton approached the Attorney General's plane on the tarmac in Phoenix. not in the public airport terminal. Neither has a home base in Phoenix. They "coincidentally" had a private meeting and talked about golf and grandchildren. And when the subject of Hillary came up, he claims "he did not have relations with that woman." :lol: :roll:

Driver Love

Post by Driver Love » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:54 pm

To follow up my original post starting this thread. Another Clinton scandal came to light today as the FBI director had a press conference about their investigation. Now if you watch the dishonest main stream media outlets the ONLY thing you would really get is the headline.. saying something like "FBI recommends no charges against Clinton for email scandal.."

However, if you watched the press conference, it was a brutally scathing report and incredibly critical of her describing her behavior and handling of important information as reckless, sloppy and a few other things. He also said it is likely international hackers got access to some of this info because of how she handled it. He also said there ABSOLUTELY WERE classified emails she sent and received after she said countless times "there were no classified emails..." ie, she lied again. He said he recommended not prosecuting (and we know the fix was in anyway) but in no way said she was innocent of charges and clearly implied quite the opposite.

But again, the dishonest media (outside of one network) will scrub the story and the citizenry will be non the wiser as we head into an election. Sad times or America.

Le Grand Orange

Post by Le Grand Orange » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:22 pm

Driver Love wrote: But again, the dishonest media (outside of one network) will scrub the story and the citizenry will be non the wiser as we head into an election.
Let me guess, Fox News? :roll:
Marc Winokur
Known Aliases "Le Grand Orange" "Gooden Plenty" and "Sky King"

swampass

Post by swampass » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:36 pm

"if you watch the dishonest main stream media outlets the ONLY thing you would really get is the headline.. saying something like "FBI recommends no charges against Clinton for email scandal.."

At this point how could any of us expected anything less? What an incredibly disappointing day. The FBI director laid out all the reasons why any normal person, every single person on these msg boards, would be going to jail but I guess there are rules for the Corrupt and then rules for the rest of us.

Its clearly all been "fixed" behind the scenes. Slick WIlly tracks down Lynch who he put on the radar/in her gov't post while he was in office. Out of nowhere Crooked Hillary is interviewed days later over a holiday weekend. That is then followed by one of the most ridiculous statements ever by the Director of the FBI only to be quickly followed by Crooked Hillary and the Liar in Chief wasting taxpayer dollars as those 2 idiots fly out for campaigning on Air Force 1. There she has the audacity to say to Trump where Obama was born. WTF??!?! Clinton's campaign was the one that started that nonsense. Im honestly shocked that they didnt say a Gun was responsible for Crooked Hillary's server.

This country is F-ed and 52% of the population has no idea. Heck the DOJ is requesting that some 90 emails between Crooked hIllary and the liar in chief should be held back from the public until some time in 2017. you know.. after they coronate our new dictator. Interesting that there are any emails between them since the Liar in Chief said he had no idea she wasnt using a non Govt email address. Thank god my family was able to keep our doctor and save $2500 per year in health insurance.. oh wait.

Again Id like to thank a few of your out there.. its nice to know that others are as upset as myself.

TOXIC ASSETS

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Another day, another round of Hillary's lies uncovered, another round of corruption as she wont' be going to jail.

52% of the American public may have no idea. But I'll go one step beyond. I think that of that 52%....half of them DO have a clue, but vote for the D candidate anyway, either for welfare reasons or to vote a woman to the presidency just like a bunch voted for Obama just because of his race.

The good news: There was a GOLDMINE of material in the FBI director's news conference, that Trump & Co. will be sure to use. So not all is lost.

swampass

Post by swampass » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:00 pm

The good news: There was a GOLDMINE of material in the FBI director's news conference, that Trump & Co. will be sure to use. So not all is lost.

I agree with the above which was why i thought it was impossible for her to get away with what she did. Criminal or not, sex offender or not, they are going to vote for the D no matter what. No critical thinking, just sheep being lead to slaughter. Cant tell you how many people here in CA have said that they plan on voting for her simply because they want to vote for the first woman president. I tell them that they already have that with the guy in the white house now. Then if you happen to say that you can't support her you are classified a sexist, a racist, and every other phobia out there. Here in the TV business you will lose work and be blackballed for being a non obama/clinton supporter. you dont even have to be a republican.

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:44 pm

#hillary16

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:55 pm

FBI Director James Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election. [Wikipedia]

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:23 pm

cfolson wrote:FBI Director James Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election. [Wikipedia]
I don't know Comey's motivation, I could imagine many different influences and considerations either professional or personal. But it did get my attention that he was making a non-indictment recommendation when that wasn't his role whatsoever in the process, it is on him to investigate. More so surprising after hearing from multiple commentators today that it is unprecedented. It could very well be a political or personal preference ... whatever his motivation it is all speculative.

... That said, it does seem that Mitt Romney hates Trump more than death itself so there's another consideration to mull over. :shock:

cfolson

Post by cfolson » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:47 pm

KJ Duke wrote:
cfolson wrote:FBI Director James Comey is a registered Republican who donated to U.S. Senator John McCain’s campaign in the 2008 presidential election and to Governor Mitt Romney’s campaign in the 2012 presidential election. [Wikipedia]
I don't know Comey's motivation, I could imagine many different influences and considerations either professional or personal. But it did get my attention that he was making a non-indictment recommendation when that wasn't his role whatsoever in the process, it is on him to investigate. More so surprising after hearing from multiple commentators today that it is unprecedented. It could very well be a political or personal preference ... whatever his motivation it is all speculative.

... That said, it does seem that Mitt Romney hates Trump more than death itself so there's another consideration to mull over. :shock:
I think that it was fully expected by everyone that a recommendation to indict or not would be made by the FBI in this case. Lynch even said previously that she would "accept" the recommendation on indictment (although "accept" apparently means that she would take it and then decide what to do with it).

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 pm

REPUBLICAN 0 0 8
DEMOCRATS 0 0 8

Line score for the two party race.
Each side blaming umpires and errors on the other side in trying to find fans for their team.
Each side, neglecting the fact that most Americans are unbelieving that these are the best each party has to offer America.
We know there are better players, but we're forced to choose between Jose Lobaton and Jesus Sucre to lead our team.
On my tombstone-