Chris Sale

Edwards Kings

Chris Sale

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:19 am

"Tommy Stokke of FanRag Sports reports Chris Sale was sent home from U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday after cutting up throwback jerseys that he did not want to wear.
This story takes another fascinating turn. Via FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal: "Sale asked that they not wear (throwbacks) on his day because they are uncomfortable. Things escalated when they wouldn't relent." Sale went after the jerseys with a knife during pregame batting practice, and then apparently exchanged some words with members of the White Sox front office for putting merchandise sales ahead of winning. He could be traded before the August 1 deadline, though that wouldn't really have anything to do with this odd incident. Matt Albers is starting in Sale's place on Saturday night against the Tigers."

OOOOOkay.....nice, balanced, mature professional there...must be more to this story for sure, but if I am a MLB GM, as good as he is, is this the guy I want in my clubhouse after this? I mean, what if the clubhouse attendant doesn't hang his shit up right?

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Yah Mule

Re: Chris Sale

Post by Yah Mule » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:25 am

That was hands down the funniest story of the baseball season.

Not as funny as the trade someone proposed on Twitter. Sale and Eaton to the Nationals, because there's a team that needs to devote more payroll to starting pitching. And all for the low cost of Giolito, Ross, Turner and Robles, and probably the Lincoln Memorial as well.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:40 am

Why are there knives in the White Sox clubhouse?

Or does Chris Sale just bring his own?

TRAIN

Post by TRAIN » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:47 am

When I first heard about this, I thought that he is trying to "shoot his way out of town", as the old saying goes. I guess in Sale's case you have to say that he is trying to "knife his way out of town".
Last edited by TRAIN on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:22 am

I get that Sale cares about winning.
If he truly thought the discomfort caused by the throwback uniform would affect him, maybe the way to go is to fake some flu like symptoms and flip his start with the next in line pitcher.

Of course, we've all seen how much routine matters to a rotation so maybe not making the start on 'his day' would affect the chances of winning just as much or more than an itchy costume...er, uniform.

The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:27 am

OK, maybe slicing up everyone's jersey was not the right (or mature) way to handle things, but I'm thinking there is some blame to go around here. If I'm running a team, and the ace of my staff comes to me and says he does not want to wear throwback jerseys on his day to start because they are uncomfortable, I'm changing the jersey for that day's game. Simple.

(And, yes, owning Sale on two of my big teams does make me biased on this one.)

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:59 am

Bronx Yankees wrote:OK, maybe slicing up everyone's jersey was not the right (or mature) way to handle things, but I'm thinking there is some blame to go around here. If I'm running a team, and the ace of my staff comes to me and says he does not want to wear throwback jerseys on his day to start because they are uncomfortable, I'm changing the jersey for that day's game. Simple.

(And, yes, owning Sale on two of my big teams does make me biased on this one.)

Mike
Sorry dude. I am guessing this was a start you did not want to lose this weekend.
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:01 am

King of Queens wrote:Why are there knives in the White Sox clubhouse?

Or does Chris Sale just bring his own?

Oh, wait...Sale is a lefty....
Charles Krauthammer

Tarpon30

Post by Tarpon30 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:59 am

brought back some good old Seinfeld memories that's for sure!
https://youtu.be/Z-9ls-ugums

converge241

Post by converge241 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:27 am

Glad to see he has added a cutter

Atlas

Post by Atlas » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 am

This is going to turn into a bobblehead....just watch.

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:39 am

Somebody has to hang a throwback jersey on Sale's locker today, right?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:11 pm

And Saran Wrap his favorite toilet....

And set a bag of dog poop on fire next to his locker....

And a whoopie cushion on his stool.....

And replace the Brianne Aron pictures in his locker with pictures of Caitlyn Jenner....

I mean they really just need to Fxxx with him...then post the results on YouTube!
Charles Krauthammer

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:27 pm