August 10th Gameday Thread

Edwards Kings

August 10th Gameday Thread

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Rare day, for me anyway. I have Samardzija on both my Main Event and Auction teams. He is owned in 99% of the leagues and a quarter of those who own him didn't start him due to the fact he has been throwing batting practice for a couple of weeks. I have room in my ERA, so I went ahead and started him. The rarity is that he pitched well...an WON (i.e. the bullpen did not blow the tenuous 1-0 lead and final score). Lucky again that one of the scariest bats on earth did not play today (yes, I know Stanton has not had a good year, but that guy is a game changer). Lucky again that I have Brandon Crawford on both my teams and Crawford was the sole provider of offense in this game with his HR.

I am lucky today...

...so far!!!

Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Edwards Kings

Re: August 10th Gameday Thread

Post by Edwards Kings » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:47 pm

Carlos Gomez DFA'd by the Astros! Wow! What a crappy event in a crappy season at a crappy time entering into his walk year!
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

Bronx Yankees

Post by Bronx Yankees » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Edwards Kings wrote:Carlos Gomez DFA'd by the Astros! Wow! What a crappy event in a crappy season at a crappy time entering into his walk year!
From consensus first round fantasy selection to DFA fodder in barely a blink of the eye!

Mike
Mike Mager
"Bronx Yankees"

Gates

Post by Gates » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:14 pm

First time this season I bench Samardzija. Oh well. I've been telling myself to bench Heyward for about 2 months now. Did it on one team. No damage so far.

Gates
Go ahead, make my day...

Deadheadz

Post by Deadheadz » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:39 pm

Gates wrote:First time this season I bench Samardzija. Oh well. I've been telling myself to bench Heyward for about 2 months now. Did it on one team. No damage so far.

Gates
Benched Melvin due to his suckiness and he swipes 3 bags today.
:(
The Bill Buckner of FAAB
Deadheadz

Edwards Kings

Post by Edwards Kings » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:30 am

Gates wrote:First time this season I bench Samardzija. Oh well. I've been telling myself to bench Heyward for about 2 months now. Did it on one team. No damage so far.

Gates
Ahhh....that is why he pitched well...you benched him! It always works that way...you bench the underproducers and they play well. Thanks for the help yesterday my friend! :D

I have Gomez in my Auction league (actually, my most expensive player). I wish more people would have benched him!
Charles Krauthammer