March Madness...St. Patrick’s Day..Drafts

Donnie Baseball

March Madness...St. Patrick’s Day..Drafts

Post by Donnie Baseball » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:10 pm

March 16-18 is a big weekend in Las Vegas! It would be great to get some more draft participants that first weekend. Rob Silver and I are signed up for events Sunday morning March 18th. Anybody else interested in a Main,Auction or Online Championship that morning or afternoon?

Scoony32

Re: March Madness...St. Patrick’s Day..Drafts

Post by Scoony32 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 am

The 1st weekend in Las Vegas is shaping up to be a major disappointment if we don’t get some more participation. It would be nice to see a more public push from the powers that be to get some of these leagues filled.

Scott Waggener

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:48 am

Scoony32 wrote:The 1st weekend in Las Vegas is shaping up to be a major disappointment if we don’t get some more participation. It would be nice to see a more public push from the powers that be to get some of these leagues filled.

Scott Waggener
I'm reaching out to as many of last year's participants as I can and hope that we can have a great First Weekend as well. It's hard not to enjoy Opening Weekend of March Madness and NFBC drafts, but a lot of veterans are planning to draft Second Weekend. Hopefully we'll still get 2 Main Events and some Auction Championship leagues. The 12 days before Opening Day is less than ideal, but the weekend and the competition should surpass that. I'm ready to welcome everyone on Thursday Night while we all lose money on First Round games and to host a great weekend of drafts, so let's fill these up.

Come join us!! It will be a BLAST!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Yah Mule

Post by Yah Mule » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:28 am

If you would have offered auction championships on consecutive days, I would have considered first weekend. Having them split up with two on the 16th and one on the 18th was hard to plan around.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:35 am

Yah Mule wrote:If you would have offered auction championships on consecutive days, I would have considered first weekend. Having them split up with two on the 16th and one on the 18th was hard to plan around.
We have two planned on Friday and one on Sunday right now. If demand was for a Saturday 4 pm Auction Championship we could easily add that. Last year we filled the Friday and Sunday 10 am Auctions and we did two Main Events and a Rotowire Online Championship league on Saturday. Again, everything is flexible. The key is getting enough people to come join us during a great, great weekend that includes St. Patrick's Day on Saturday.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Scoony32

Post by Scoony32 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Hopefully we can get at least 1 auction filled on Friday. It’s a lot of travel expenses to make the trip if only 1 main event league fills. I like the idea of offering a Friday night online main event option for those in Vegas to at least sign up for. Those in Vegas could draft together with any remaining spots being filled by online teams. I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem to fill, as this would be the very first main event league to be able to be a part of for the drafting season. Does anybody else have interest in a Friday night Main event league?

Scott Waggener