Harper & Nats could cripple Robles owners

Gekko

Harper & Nats could cripple Robles owners

Post by Gekko » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:17 am

If it happens, could be serious blow to Robles owners, esp since they've been buying him so early (6-8th round :lol: ). Good for non-Robles owners :twisted:

Thurman15

Re: Harper & Nats could cripple Robles owners

Post by Thurman15 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:34 am

Oh boy....you are right. I debated but have not yet drafted Robles and I guess I won't be. The situation changed from "no way he is going back to Washington" to the Nats are the favorites to resign him very quickly. I often wonder why teams seem to try hard to NOT open a spot for their stud minor leaguers who have already played AAA. Nick Senzel, Kyle Tucker, Victor Robles, Raimel Tapia, etc The Blue Jays are different because they are bringing in Vladdy after a month but these other teams are blocking their own young stars for the full season, or so it seems.
Rogers Hornsby, Hall of Famer with the Cardinals was once asked " You love Baseball Rogers, but what do you do in the winter ? " His response......"I stare out the window and wait for spring "

Chest Rockwell

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:17 pm

Mark first congrats on the hall of fame. If Nats sign Harper Robles or Eaton get moved quickly we both know that.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Thanks.

IF harper resigns, my money is on eaton batting leadoff and robles back in minors for further seasoning (or waiting for injury to hit).