Who has decided to enter the NFBC and where?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:28 pm

Originally posted by Al R.:

Dyv, you coming to New York to draft? Sorry, Al - as BB said, we're going to try to bring down the house in Vegas instead.

I'm going to want to say stupid things... especially at the draft - so I best focus in Vegas - you know, what stupid people say in Vegas stays in Vegas :cool:

Maybe next year Greg will stagger the days slightly and tempt an idiot like me to jet between the sites, lol.

Dyv
Just Some Guy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:56 am

Let's welcome three more new teams to the NFBC, giving us nine on Monday alone. Good day. First off, let's introduce another entry for the AL Auction League in New York as Joseph Saporito has signed up to compete. Best of luck in the hunt for the $7,000 league prize Joseph and happy bidding.

Aaron Smith of Los Angeles has also signed up for the NFBC draft in Las Vegas, while the team of David Bowen and Scott Jordan of Ohio will compete in the NFBC draft in Chicago. Welcome aboard to the growing NFBC family guys and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:32 am

Let's welcome another member to the growing NFBC family as Paul Weber of Boston has agreed to participate in the NFBC draft in New York. Paul was all set to take A-Rod first if he got the chance, but then that trader went from Boston to New York (well, kind of). Best of luck Paul in enemy territory as you battle for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:58 am

The New York tag team of Martin Bedell and Nick Malatesnic have signed up to compete in the NFBC draft at the Javits Center. Welcome aboard guys and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:37 pm

Let's hear it for Wayne Edwards of Georgia, who has taken the plunge and will compete in the NFBC draft in Las Vegas. Welcome to this crazy baseball fraternity Wayne and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:19 am

Keep 'em coming. The tag team of Jeremy Chen and Tri Huynh of San Diego have signed up for the Las Vegas NFBC and will battle for the $100,000 grand prize. Welcome to the growing NFBC family guys and best of luck in the competition.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:11 am

I love to name drop, so it's good to announce that Jerry Sloan will be drafting in the NFBC this year. Okay, it's probably not that Jerry Sloan, but it sounds good and like I've said before, if the real Meat Loaf is participating in the NFBC then anything is possible. This Jerry Sloan will be co-manager of a team with Brian Zeid as the Ohio pair have signed up for the NFBC draft in Chicago. Jerry probably doesn't need the $100,000 grand prize after years of playing and coaching in the NBA, but best of luck anyway and welcome to our "name dropping" fraternity.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:59 am

Let's welcome another member to the growing New York NFBC draft as Donald Haworth of Florida is flying in for the chance to win $100,000. Welcome aboard Don and best of luck in the competition.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:03 am

More Please

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:51 am

Okay, now I'm really name dropping with NFBC registrants. Our latest participant is John Dean (are you old enough to remember Watergate?) of California. Okay, maybe it's not THAT John Dean, but it's fun to dream. John has signed up for the NFBC Draft in Las Vegas, where we're close to filling up yet another league. Welcome to the unique NFBC family John and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Plymouth

Post by Plymouth » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:17 am

Dean didn't happen to mention if he had a partner named Lilly or Haldeman did he?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:24 am

Massachusetts buddies Shawn Childs and Kevin Deckel were going to be in Las Vegas for the NCAA weekend anyway this year and fortunately for us they saw John Hunt's writeup last week in USA Today Sports Weekly. Now Shawn and Kevin are jumping into the NFBC all the way, agreeing to partner in the AL Auction League in Las Vegas as well as the NFBC draft. Just to make sure they catch the entire wave, they're going to join us for golf along with Marc Childs. Welcome aboard guys and I think it's safe to say we'll share a drink together out there. Best of luck in the hunt for all the prize money, especially the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:28 pm

It's been an active evening in the NFBC as three more signups came rolling in. Let's welcome the Florida tag team of Don and Judy Mathis, who will be joining us in New York. Best of luck Don and Judy in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and welcome to our growing NFBC family.

We also have two more entries in our Las Vegas NFBC draft and another full league at the Rio. Let's welcome Richard Williams of Georgia and George Beason of Tennessee. Welcome to the national championship, which welcomes players from almost all of the 50 states and other countries. Best of luck in the battle for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:39 am

We're happy to add another Auction League participant in New York as Howard Rubin of New York has signed up to compete in the NL-only league. We're doing our best to fill up at least one of each Auction League in New York, so best of luck Howard in your quest for the $7,500 grand prize. Keep 'em coming!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Hoosier Hick

Post by Hoosier Hick » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:12 am

Heard today that WCOFB has 30 teams committed. NFBC has over 110 teams, not counting the auctions. We see where the smart players are. Way to go Greg. The NFBC message boards are crushing the WCOFB by number of posts. These are just a few indicators of which is the better league to be in. Those of you on the fence, Do you need to hear more? The clear cut and obvious choice is the NFBC. Hurry before you miss out.

I month left! Cant wait for the draft order. Is it March 15th yet?
"People ask me what I do in the winter. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:11 am

All right Greg, just because it's Saturday and you haven't seen your family in a week is no excuse not to post an update on a new member ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:36 pm

I just drove four hours to Chicago, spent four hours at Ron Shandler's symposium and then drove four hours back. Now it's time for a beer and "Finding Nemo" with the kids. I have some more to announce, but they'll have to wait until we find that little clown fish. ;) ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:49 am

The NFBC welcomes another tag team from nort' of the border as Yoni Bornstein and Sammy Zahler of Ontario have entered. Yoni and Sammy will be drafting in New York and are about as pumped as anyone I've talked to about the NFBC. The fact that I've talked to them via teleconference for what seems like 12 times in the last week might have swayed my vote that way, but they are pumped and ready. Best of luck guys and welcome to the NFBC family.

Michael Pisano of New Jersey has also entered the NFBC draft in New York and is eager and ready to go. Welcome aboard Michael and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Goggles Pisano

Post by Goggles Pisano » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:41 am

Hi Everybody. I recently joined the championship and will be in NYC. Kudos to Greg and his staff because its gonna be awesome.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:02 pm

Our latest entrant to the NFBC is Michael Pisani of Connecticut, who has signed up to compete in the AL Auction League in New York. Thanks for joining Michael and it's time to fill up one or more of those Auction Leagues in New York. Best of luck in the hunt for the $7,000 league prize.

I have a feeling you're going to see a lot of New York entrants this week. Just playing a hunch (and going off all the phone calls I got last week).
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:24 pm

You have to like the activity on a Sunday night, especially for the Auction Leagues. James Hoffstetter of Illinois has joined the NFBC twice today, signing up for the NL Auction League in Las Vegas and the NFBC draft. Welcome aboard James and best of luck in the hunt for the $7,500 first price in the Auction League and the $100,000 grand prize in the NFBC. We now have eight owners in the NL Auction League in Las Vegas and just need five more to fill up. C'mon, join this competitive league that happens to include Meat Loaf and many other solid owners.

Bryan Anderson of Staten Island, N.Y. and Mike Pellegrino have also signed up for the AL Auction League in New York. I've promised Bryan that we're going to fill that one up as well, so let's keep the momentum going. Welcome to the growing NFBC family Bryan and Mike and best of luck in the hunt for the $7,000 first prize.

[ February 22, 2004, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Leaderboard Sports

Post by Leaderboard Sports » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:39 pm

I think several of the Auction drafters are also doing the NFBC draft just in case the auction leagues don't fill. Always be prepared

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:30 am

Brian Ross of Pennsylvania has signed up to draft in the NFBC in New York. Best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize Brian and welcome to the growing NFBC family. See, I told you it would be a good week for New York.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:34 am

Todd Zola of Mastersball.com has jumped into the NFBC draft after signing up for the AL Auction League earlier this month. Todd will be drafting in Las Vegas as we begin working on our fifth league out there. Best of luck Todd with your tripleheader (he will also be part of the FSTA Auction League on Thursday night, although required to participate in the NL Auction) and best of luck in the battle for the $7,000 Auction League prize and the $100,000 grand prize. You may be able to quit your day job if you win both!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:36 am

Oooooh, I hate when that happens. ;) ;) Right after making that post about Todd joining the NFBC, we got an application from Mike Cameron of California. Hey, aren't you busy playing for the Mets at that time? Oh well, we'll let 'em in anyway as Mike plans to compete in the NFBC draft in Las Vegas. Welcome to the growing NFBC family Mike and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius