GREAT SHOW !!!!

roundmann

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by roundmann » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:41 pm

NEW YORK FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WAS BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE. DRAFTS WERE FASTER....QUIETER.....and the STAFF WAS GREAT !!!

GREAT JOB !!!!

Bobby Brendler,

Rockville, Maryland

Spyhunter

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by Spyhunter » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Bobby, totally agreed. Now if we could just reign in Fandango!

Spy

Top Dawg

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by Top Dawg » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Have to totally agree as well. Also, Tom got the sun to pop out instead of the snow. Perfect day, even sitting along side so many sharks in my league. Still had a blast!

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

baggler

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by baggler » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:23 pm

You musta been on the otherside of League 1. We had Scott (Fandango) in rare form on our table. He got awfully quiet after Round 17.Musta been the JW working it's magic.

Most people don't know him and might not like him but he does make the draft interesting !!!

Again Tom running another great event in NYC Greg has nothing on him !!!
"Fortis fortuna adiuvat"- "Fortune favors the brave"

RichV

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by RichV » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:34 pm

Great time in NY today. Smooth, and a lot of fun. Should be a fun year once again!

poopy tooth

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by poopy tooth » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:16 am

Originally posted by Baggler:

You musta been on the otherside of League 1. We had Scott (Fandango) in rare form on our table. He got awfully quiet after Round 17.Musta been the JW working it's magic.

Most people don't know him and might not like him but he does make the draft interesting !!!

Again Tom running another great event in NYC Greg has nothing on him !!! I have drafted in a few leagues with Fandango, beginning with first main event a few years back and a couple $1300 auctions...possibly a satellite or two?

Anyway, couple observations...

Main event from NFBC's second season, Fandango's last pick Zach Duke and he said, watch out for this guy around half way through the season. He'll be lights out...ZACK DUKE...everyone laughed, Duke came up and was lights out after the All Star break.

$1,300 auction last year, Fandango yells out, yes, I got what I wanted, all hitting and #1 pitchers...his "#1's" were guys like Kenny Rogers and Gil Meche...everyone laughed...Fandango won the league.

This Friday, besides the burping and "Two!" after others bid $1 towards the end of the draft, Fandango put together an interesting team, after taking Pujols and then waiting several rounds before winning another player...

I agree, a little loud, but good guy...

...but in 2008, I think his auction team's finish will resemble the number of empty beer bottles on his table, somewhere between 9 and 12! :D :D :D

Surrender Dorothy

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by Surrender Dorothy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:28 am

Well, if we had a little less commentary from the big man and a little more concentration, the rest of us in NY League 1 would not have had to wait while he kept trying to draft players that were picked up rounds before.

He was passed over twice due to fumbling around with previously-drafted players in the later rounds.

But I tell you, those kamkize yells after each Japanese player were FUN-NEE! That joke never got old, no matter how many times he told it.

anpyanks

GREAT SHOW !!!!

Post by anpyanks » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:24 pm

I thought the best thing about drafting with Scotty the Lightweight in NYC was in round 21 he took Jeff Baker. A decent high upside pick but apparently he liked him so much he also tried to draft him in round 25. I've never seen anyone draft a guy then select him once again 4 rounds later.