Random observations

Chest Rockwell

Random observations

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 am

People really were willing to pay for guys they liked. Billingsley, Ellsbury, Josh Hamilton, Butler, Corey Hart, Milledge and Alex Gordon to name a few really flew up draft boards.

In the super people were even more willing to take the risk for guys they like.

A first time auction ever against nfbc vets is not a fair fight. If your team stops at offense and number one pitchers (rp and sp) you guys better look out. If having Derek Lowe as your number 2 starter is a bad thing then maybe I am in trouble.

I made lots of new friends and put some faces on same names. Duran, Neil, the 2 cats at the end of Vegas 10 welcome to the nfbc family.

Eddie Gillis- you have a great kid. A kid in a room of adults with usually either be way too cocky or very shy. Your son was very engaging but yet respectful. You should be proud.

A shout out to Shawn Childs- hell of a nice guy and generally concerned with hoping I did well in my first auction. Sorry I let you down Shawn.

One last thing it was great to see John Dean and see that he is doing well health wise. You are in my prayers JOhn.

Good team, bad team no matter what my 6 month old was happy to see me. I will very well have to watch my language around her when I see my catchers in the box scores in the morning.

One bit of trivia- eat Hot Dogs, Pizza, and chicken fingers if you need help in this contest. The number one or so rated player in this contest Andy Nolan has only eaten those things for his entire life. He calls it the diet of a 3rd grader.

[ March 17, 2008, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Chest Rockwell ]

SluggoJD

Random observations

Post by SluggoJD » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Thanks Kent, it was good seeing you too!

I had more fun during main this year than any other years, but I really missed not being in an auction league as well...those are always the best.

Next year, I'll remedy that - and by then, you'll be a kick-ass auction dude, so I'd better watch out lol

John

eddiejag

Random observations

Post by eddiejag » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:51 pm

Chest , always nice to hear nice things about your kids.Dom is really something , not just my kid but my best friend. thanks and good luck this year.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Hard Heads

Random observations

Post by Hard Heads » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:57 pm

Originally posted by eddiejag:

Chest , always nice to hear nice things about your kids.Dom is really something , not just my kid but my best friend. thanks and good luck this year. Except for having to look at all of that Cowboy gear I will agree with Chest's post! :D
Hard Heads

sportsbettingman

Random observations

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:04 pm

I agree...Dom is killer!

I shall call your team...

"DOMandEDDIEtion" (Domination) :D :D :D

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

eddiejag

Random observations

Post by eddiejag » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:19 pm

We need a name , keep sending them.We did have the Cowboy gear all week end.Lot of Cowboy fans in Vegas and a few haters.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Dyv

Random observations

Post by Dyv » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:51 pm

We need a name , keep sending them.We did have the Cowboy gear all week end.Lot of Cowboy fans in Vegas and a few haters. Dom and Dumber? bahahaha

Just kidding Eddie!!!

Go with Dom & Dad - you can't get classier than to earn the title of Dad.

Dyv
Just Some Guy

eddiejag

Random observations

Post by eddiejag » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:54 am

Dom loves Dom and Dumber , BUT not happening.

Dom and Dad is not bad.I like DOMination.
EDWARD J GILLIS

MadCow Sez

Random observations

Post by MadCow Sez » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:48 am

Agree with the above Eddie. Was a pleasure catching up with you and Dom again. "Eddie's KingDOM" perhaps?
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
--Rogers Hornsby

eddiejag

Random observations

Post by eddiejag » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:31 pm

Mad Cow that is awesome , i love it need to run it thru Dom.Just found out today that Dom has been choosen one of the two captains for the 2009 North Kingstown high school.The other kid is Jamal Horn the son of former RED SOX first baseman.Dom also starts both way's in football so next year is his big season.

Just wanted to share this with my NFBC family, very proud of this . He,s worked his ass off never complaining.
EDWARD J GILLIS

KJ Duke

Random observations

Post by KJ Duke » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Mad Cow that is awesome , i love it need to run it thru Dom.Just found out today that Dom has been choosen one of the two captains for the 2009 North Kingstown high school.The other kid is Jamal Horn the son of former RED SOX first baseman.Dom also starts both way's in football so next year is his big season.

Just wanted to share this with my NFBC family, very proud of this . He,s worked his ass off never complaining. thats cool eddie, what position?

Greg Ambrosius

Random observations

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Just wanted to share this with my NFBC family, very proud of this . He,s worked his ass off never complaining. That's good stuff Eddie. I felt bad not asking how Dom's junior season went when we were together in Las Vegas, but I was thinking about it. By the looks of things, he's getting bigger and ready for a HUGE senior season. Those Cowboys may be calling to draft him soon enough!!!

The good thing about family reunions is watching our kids grow up in front of our eyes. Dom has been with us for four years and it's fun to watch him grow into a man. He's a good, good kid who you can tell enjoys hanging with his dad. That's something special my friend. You keep that relationship going because it's special. And keep bringing him to Las Vegas.

I remember trying to get you set up on the NFBC site for the first time and you were the most computer illiterate person I can remember!! :D I think you'll admit you're still not computer savvy. But I remember you hollering into the other room and saying that your 13-year-old son knows all about computers and would get you set up. Dom sure did and without him you might not be in the NFBC today!! :D It's been a fun first five years and the best is yet to come.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

The Mighty Men

Random observations

Post by The Mighty Men » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:43 pm

Just wanted to share this with my NFBC family, very proud of this . He,s worked his ass off never complaining. That is sweet! Enjoy this year, Eddie. You will be way preoccupied with high school football this fall - it will interfere with fantasy football. You can take my word for it. My nephew threw 49 td's this past fall as a senior - what a ride.
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? “It is I, proclaiming victory, mighty to save.” Isaiah 63:1

CC's Desperados

Random observations

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Originally posted by The Mighty Men:

quote:Originally posted by eddiejag:

Just wanted to share this with my NFBC family, very proud of this . He,s worked his ass off never complaining. That is sweet! Enjoy this year, Eddie. You will be way preoccupied with high school football this fall - it will interfere with fantasy football. You can take my word for it. My nephew threw 49 td's this past fall as a senior - what a ride.
[/QUOTE]Can I get his name to add to my sleeper football list?

Random observations

Post by 751542 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:21 pm

great news dom, go getum bud!!!its an honor and a commitment to be a captain...be the example to all others that i know you can be!!! RT
" i have never lost...just ran out of time!"

eddiejag

Random observations

Post by eddiejag » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:13 pm

Thank's guy's, KJ Dom plays offensive tackle and is the fastest lineman by far.On the other side defensive end.Im hoping they give him a chance at tight end because hes to small for the offensive line for college . The promblem is he's a top blocker in high school so they can put a smaller guy at tight end.It is going to be a wild ride [like bald mentioned] a lot of players coming back including the QB.They have an exciting team and play the shot gun almost all the time. Thank's everybody just great to share with the NFBC family. Greg your right about the computer i dont have a clue.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Chest Rockwell

Random observations

Post by Chest Rockwell » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Thank's guy's, KJ Dom plays offensive tackle and is the fastest lineman by far.On the other side defensive end.Im hoping they give him a chance at tight end because hes to small for the offensive line for college . The promblem is he's a top blocker in high school so they can put a smaller guy at tight end.It is going to be a wild ride [like bald mentioned] a lot of players coming back including the QB.They have an exciting team and play the shot gun almost all the time. Thank's everybody just great to share with the NFBC family. Greg your right about the computer i dont have a clue. Chances good he can play at the next level Eddie? He is a lot bigger than the kids I remember in high school.

Lost Sailor

Random observations

Post by Lost Sailor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:40 pm

So... your son is co-captain with the Son of Sam Horn? Very cool.
Been way too long at sea....