Who has decided to enter the NFBC and where?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:48 pm

Gerry Scotto di Marco of Pennsylvania is one happy camper as several appointments next weekend got cancelled, leaving an open date for him to drive to Chicago and compete in the NFBC. Gerry has been admiring our boards from afar and is ecstatic that he's now able to play in the NFBC next weekend rather than work on the road. Gerry will be joining the crew at the Rosemont Convention Center in Chicago and competing in the main event. We are officially onto our third league in Chicago and hopefully tomorrow's Daily Herald story will vault even more interest in the Windy City. Welcome to the growing NFBC family Gerry and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.

Things are looking up guys and we still have three more days of signups!!! Call me at 715-445-4612, ext. 284 and you can usually talk to me 24/7 (at least for the next three days).

Now back to my SportsLine.com draft. My outfield is Aubrey Huff, Trot Nixon, Jacque Jones, Mike Cameron and Reggie Sanders. So far so good. Better go get some pitching!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Cellar Dwellers

Post by Cellar Dwellers » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:13 pm

Who the hell are you drafting against, 3rd graders??? I can't believe you got those three guys in your first 3 rounds!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:09 pm

Wow, Walla Walla weally came thwough tonight. He said he would join the AL Auction League in Las Vegas and sure enough he did. We now have 11 teams in the AL Auction League, leaving one spot open, if I've counted wight. John Crane of Washington is willing to play two in Las Vegas as he already was signed up for the NFBC's main event on Saturday. Now he's also going to go bidding in the AL Auction League. Thanks for your untiring support John and best of luck in the hunt for the $7,000 first place prize and in the other hunt for the $100,000 grand prize. Just three more Auction League spots open (2 NL, 1 AL) in Las Vegas and then we'll debut with three full Auction Leagues between New York and Las Vegas.

Thanks guys. You have no idea how important today was.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

Post by Top Dawg » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:19 pm

Greg - A lot of faith and hard work on your part is paying off and is much appreciated by us all! I'm sure many of us are also sending out the smole signals to anyone we know might be interested in joining.

Best regards,

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:24 pm

Take my word for it, everyone is doing just that. I've seen e-mail sends to groups from some of the NFBC guys that are just unreal. My loyal buddies in the fantasy industry are calling their top customers for me as a favor for things I've done for them in the past. It's unbelievable the support we're getting and it's going to pay off. I'm not sure if it's possible in three cities, but I'm going to try and lead a big NFBC group hug on March 20. Feel love the love, everyone. ;) ;)

I know this is more than you really wanted to know, but now I am calling it a night. Tomorrow is another day for all of us and if it's as productive as today, we'll be celebrating on March 19-20. Anyone who signs up while I'm getting my beauty sleep will get a Pete Rose autographed baseball sent out first thing tomorrow morning, I promise. Thanks guys and I hope those Rose baseballs eventually run out.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

viper

Post by viper » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:39 pm

I'll take a baseball autographed by the future non-Hall of Famer. That is if you are really trying to rid yourself of them.

JT the Buffmeister

Post by JT the Buffmeister » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:28 pm

Hammer! It will be great to see you again big guy. Are you still pumping like a mad man?

You know the truth... no ringer ability here.

By the way, do I get credit for your entry? lol

I'm splitting this team with 3 others... you know I can't afford it. Save some time for me while you're in Vegas. I need to follow you around and hope to catch anything that drops out of your pockets. It could support me for a few years.

Good luck! JT

Originally posted by SGHammer:

JT (Sportsbuff)- How's about a little side bet? You know....just a friendly wager. We know you are a ringer.

See you in Vegas buddy.

Scott
www.SportsBuff.com
Who will be Mr. Fantasy Baseball 2006?

SGHammer

Post by SGHammer » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:15 pm

JT- Good to hear from you. We will see you in Vegas. I guess I will have to make a side-wager with the 200 leaderboard sports teams...but they will have to lay me 5-2 since there are so many of them. Speaking of odds....Greg, I spoke to Pete Rose and he bet me you wouldn't send me a ball autographed by him.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:33 am

You guys are coming through like Eric Gagne in the ninth inning. Two more signups while I was getting my beauty sleep are pushing us to that desired level. Let's give it up for Artie Rastelli of New Jersey, who will compete in the NFBC event at the Javits Center. Welcome to the growing NFBC family, Artie, and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and the $100,000 grand prize.

Let's also give a hearty welcome to the Maryland tag team of Jeff Price and Chris Goudey, who have signed up to compete in the NFBC in Las Vegas. You guys are part of our sixth league that we are forming in Las Vegas. Welcome aboard and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:40 am

Who says we can't get walkup traffic in Las Vegas? Howard Markowitz of Las Vegas just signed up for the NFBC draft at the Rio and claims home field advantage for the NFBC's main event. It looks like Howard can walk over to the Rio for Saturday's draft. Welcome to the NFBC, Howard, and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize. C'mon, let's fill up that sixth league in Vegas!!!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

FresnoFanatics

Post by FresnoFanatics » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:55 am

Greg,

I will not be around for your open chat today but saw your recent post was wondering if it is okay to make our own team shirts and use the NFBC name?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:46 am

Yes, use the name but do not use the NFBC logo. That it protected and is part of our apparel agreement with Sonic Promos.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:49 am

Okay, I finally have time to list all of the recent signups. Let's welcome Rob Conti of the Bronx, who just signed up for the NFBC draft in New York. Rob finally got approval from the Mrs., who fortunately is more worried about the time it will take to finish the draft on March 20 than the money spent on participating. God bless her!!! Welcome aboard, Rob, and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:01 pm

Greg Glukhovsky, affectionately known as Worst Russian Ever (sorry to blow your cover), has officially agreed to play the American doubleheader, signing up for the NFBC draft in Las Vegas. Greg was already signed up for the AL Auction League in Las Vegas and now will play two with admission to the Saturday NFBC draft. Greg will be joined by his brother, Phil, leaving two wild and crazy guys at the draft table. Best of luck guys in the hunt for the $7,000 AL Auction League prize and the $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:54 pm

Here we go for that sixth full league in Las Vegas as Jim Ruland of California has signed up to compete in the NFBC draft. Jim, meet Emmett. Emmett, meet Jim. Welcome to the growing NFBC family Jim and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 first prize and $100,000 grand prize. We're glad to have you on board.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:22 pm

Let's give it up for another Leaderboard Sports member entering the NFBC as Shane Pullen has signed up to compete in the main event at the Rio in Las Vegas. Shane is one of the younger members of this aging group (had to say it Dyv) and he's ready to kick some tail. Welcome to the growing NFBC family, Shane, and best of luck in the hunt for the $5,000 league prize and $100,000 grand prize.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:25 pm

Okay, we have a slight trade in the Las Vegas Auction Leagues. Todd Zola of Mastersball.com, obviously looking for some free publicity on these Message Boards, has traded himself from the AL Auction League to the NL Auction League. That's legal since we haven't closed either one. But for accounting purposes, that means we now have only one NL Auction League spot available to compete against Meat Loaf & Friends and we now have two AL Auction League spots left. Can we fill them? Yes we can.
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:50 pm

"Todd Zola of Mastersball.com, obviously looking for some free publicity on these Message Boards, has traded himself from the AL Auction League to the NL Auction League."

I think Todd looked around at the AL Auction got scared and ran over to the NL. No Guts no Glory!

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:19 pm

Sweet Justice would be if Meatloaf decided to take on the AL auction and left the NL. I'm guessing he'd see the humor in that one.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:08 am

Two more signups today, which is good news for the NFBC. Charles Cart of New York has joined the NFBC draft at the Javits Center in New York. Welcome aboard Charles and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize.

And Edgar Latorre of Chicago will make the trek down to the Rosemont Convention Center and compete in the NFBC with our other Windy City participants. Welcome to the growing NFBC family, Edgar, and best of luck in the battle for the $100,000 grand prize!
Greg Ambrosius
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius