World Baseball Classic!

sportsbettingman

World Baseball Classic!

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:03 am

Well...after hating on the WBC for selfish fantasy reasons, it's time to move past that an enjoy the competition!

Weird placing bets on baseball with football-like point spreads!

CAN -4.5

PR -3.5

Pretty exciting games yesterday.

Some of these free agents are going to work their way into a contract the way they are playing!

Ivan!!! (Right Eddie!) :D

~Lance
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

sportsbettingman

World Baseball Classic!

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:07 am

Gotta love the vibes...

USA stays tight-knit — even Yanks, BoSox

By Gordon Edes, Yahoo! Sports

"TORONTO – Adam Dunn was standing on first base, talking to Venezuela first baseman Miguel Cabrera during a pitching change, so he didn’t notice Shane Victorino had jogged out of the dugout to pinch run for him until Victorino reached up and swatted him playfully on the chin.

“Sucker-punched me,” Dunn said. “And I never played with Shane in my life. I don’t think it would have mattered who was on first base, I think he would have done the same thing.”

Dustin Pedroia has played on one All-Star team. Derek Jeter has been on nine and is considered the face of Team USA. But that hasn’t kept Pedroia from plastering a poster of Jeter’s anti-perspirant ad in his locker, the one that shows Jeter waving to a group of booing fans outside Fenway Park with the caption, “Every day’s a walk in the park. Even this park.”

And when Jeter mentioned how hard it was to come off the bench in midgame Sunday night, Pedroia offered his condolences by saying, “Yeah, it’s only happened to me a couple of times, so I imagine it must be hard.”

And Pedroia couldn’t wait to go back into the clubhouse to remind Jeter that obviously someone had made a mistake in last July’s All-Star game, batting Jeter second and Pedroia ninth.

“He doesn’t ever shut up, Pedroia,” Mets third baseman David Wright said with a smile. “He’s one of my new favorites. I’ve had a chance to hang out with him a few times before, but he’s a beauty.” ...
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

swampass

World Baseball Classic!

Post by swampass » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:15 am

it was great to get a taste for baseball this weekend but as i watched pitcher after pithcer march out there i became very nervous to draft anyone of them.

anyone else have this fear? i feel like the pitchers are going to either break down faster this season because they are throwing so much harder than usual at this time of year or they are going to seriously fade in the 2nd half.

the hitters worry me a little less, but i can see some very young or very old guys driving on fumes come september as well.

dunn is raking! how the heck is that National OF going to work out?