GREG please help us!!!

The RoundTrippers

GREG please help us!!!

Post by The RoundTrippers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:47 pm

when us fanballers are talking about favorite bands and movie quotes(its all good) we need more!!!..... while potentially entertaining.... lets see that mock draft software....give us some draft slots something please...we are obviously desperate for some baseball...fanball news!!! heck i will even take another gekko chat ;) ....give us more my brother!!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Originally posted by The RoundTrippers:

when us fanballers are talking about favorite bands and movie quotes(its all good) we need more!!!..... while potentially entertaining.... lets see that mock draft software....give us some draft slots something please...we are obviously desperate for some baseball...fanball news!!! heck i will even take another gekko chat ;) ....give us more my brother!!! :D You will be mock drafting by this time tomorrow my man!! That's what I'm being told. Stay tuned, but this is going to be fun.

Allman Brothers, Sweet Melissa for me, if anyone asks!! :D U2, Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Beatles, too many to choose from. Favorite movies? Wizard of Oz tops 'em all. But you already knew that, right? ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

The Franchise

GREG please help us!!!

Post by The Franchise » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 pm

when us fanballers are talking about favorite bands and movie quotes(its all good) we need more!!!..... while potentially entertaining.... lets see that mock draft software....give us some draft slots something please...we are obviously desperate for some baseball...fanball news!!! heck i will even take another gekko chat ;) ....give us more my brother!!! :D You forgot the favorite pizza thread? :D
Winning is not everything, but the will to win is.

DOUGHBOYS

GREG please help us!!!

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

quote:Originally posted by The RoundTrippers:

when us fanballers are talking about favorite bands and movie quotes(its all good) we need more!!!..... while potentially entertaining.... lets see that mock draft software....give us some draft slots something please...we are obviously desperate for some baseball...fanball news!!! heck i will even take another gekko chat ;) ....give us more my brother!!! :D You will be mock drafting by this time tomorrow my man!! That's what I'm being told. Stay tuned, but this is going to be fun.

Allman Brothers, Sweet Melissa for me, if anyone asks!! :D U2, Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Beatles, too many to choose from. Favorite movies? Wizard of Oz tops 'em all. But you already knew that, right? ;)
[/QUOTE]Favorite scene, Greg?

Mine is the apple fight between the Scarecrow and apple tree.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Greg Ambrosius

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Nah, when Dorothy says to the Scarecrow, "I'm going to miss you most of all" it makes me cry everytime. The horse of a different color is another great part in the movie. Ah, how about SURRENDER DOROTHY in the sky!!

That movie was made in 1939 with special effects that could easily be done in today's computer generated world. But in 1939?? That movie is ingenious. THE BEST.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Spartacus

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Spartacus » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 am

quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

[/QUOTE]Nah, when Dorothy says to the Scarecrow, "I'm going to miss you most of all" it makes me cry everytime. The horse of a different color is another great part in the movie. Ah, how about SURRENDER DOROTHY in the sky!!

That movie was made in 1939 with special effects that could easily be done in today's computer generated world. But in 1939?? That movie is ingenious. THE BEST.
[/QUOTE]"We represent the Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild, and in the name of the Lollipop Guild, we wish to welcome you to Munchkinland..........."

(Sorry RT, you should have been more specific about the kind of help you were looking for :D )
bob

The RoundTrippers

GREG please help us!!!

Post by The RoundTrippers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:48 am

hijacking the ;) thread back to what i was trying to get us away from....aaaarrrggghhhhh

Glenneration X

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:42 am

"I'm melting, melting! Oh what a world, what a world!"

-The Wicked Witch of the West (or Greg on a hot day pre-Corona)

Sorry RT....

Glenn

Sebadiah23

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:50 am

"There's no place like mock draft home. There's no place like mock draft home."
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

team z

GREG please help us!!!

Post by team z » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:13 am

The new mock draft ability sounds great but will it really be useful? It seems like many managers use mock drafts to explore different strategies. They don't draft sleepers they are trying to hide and they pick overvalued players higher to increase the market for them. Like the "man behind the curtain" I would recommend to pay no attention to that ADP and pick the player you want when you want.
A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRIpmO6FWk

Ryan C

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Ryan C » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:46 am

Yeah - all I know is I have SAT drafts coming up and I want to get on that software as soon as possible to check it out and input my lists for these drafts. Come on guys - I got 10 inches of snow here in NYC- perfect weekend to MOCK - MOCK - MOCK.
Mastersball

“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” - Albert Einstein

billywaz

GREG please help us!!!

Post by billywaz » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:57 am

You will be mock drafting by this time tomorrow my man!! That's what I'm being told. Stay tuned, but this is going to be fun.

[/quote]

This was on Thursday at 9:02 EST.

Hopefully this happens by tonight??? :D

Sebadiah23

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:01 am

Doubt they work on Saturday, unless they are left with administrative admin setup to do that doesn't envolve software programmers.
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Gekko

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Gekko » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:16 am

greg is only the messenger. the real issue is on the programming end.

1. fanball programmers aren't as good as ryan and greg thought.

2. fanball programmers are stretched too thin (ie, have too many projects for too few people).

each time they miss a deadline that greg posts, i just throw my hands up in the air. VERY FRUSTRATING. again, all these things that deal with the programming end have been delayed since the webpage last year.

all i know is the FAAB system better be up to par or better with STATS. no SNAFU'S. they certainly have had ENOUGH TIME to get it created and tested. and they didn't want actual NFBC owners to be beta testers (after we were first told they would). :mad: :mad: :mad:

i (and my friends) have a LOT of money invested with Fanball on "faith of Greg". let's get the damn plan executed and NOW! sorry for the rant.

team z

GREG please help us!!!

Post by team z » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:25 am

I know I am now 13 and 20 days away form drafting (hopefully) and I still don't have a draft position to plan with. It appears I will have lots of new software to learn how to use also. Maybe a bit less time throwing together leagues and a bit more time having a working platform may have been in order. Im only glad my partner convinced me not to go for the more expensive leagues. Is NFBC using the same programmers as TSN?

[ February 27, 2010, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: the untouchables ]
A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRIpmO6FWk

Hard Heads

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Hard Heads » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:30 am

Originally posted by billywaz:

You will be mock drafting by this time tomorrow my man!! That's what I'm being told. Stay tuned, but this is going to be fun.

[/QUOTE]This was on Thursday at 9:02 EST.

Hopefully this happens by tonight??? :D
[/quote]
The first promise I remember was when it was posted on February 13th that the new software would be up and running for the Dan/Jules Hot Tub Party and the other sat that week. They also commented we hope to have it up to start mocking on Monday. I don't care so much about the draft software as much as i do the FAAB system and even navigation of the team pages. Sure hope we have a chance to really go over the FAAB process before it goes live.
Hard Heads

Ryan E. Houston

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Ryan E. Houston » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:36 am

Let me chime in...

I understand the concern.

I also understand what will happen when we launch it.

Some will like it. Some will hate it. It's the nature of the beast.

It was tested on Wednesday / Thursday / Friday.

So far so good -- it's really not an issue with the interface we are worried about. It's the autopick feature. We want to make sure that we have that rectified before we push it live. I fully expect it will take place either Monday / Tuesday.

Remember -- this is just the live draft room. The rest of the stuff is getting worked on as we speak including the FAAB processing.

So I understand everyone is in a hurry, but I want to make sure it's fully tested / working before we launch it.

Remember -- when we launch this -- we will be in Beta mode and that will help us iron out any "kinks" we find.

Hope this helps.

DOUGHBOYS

GREG please help us!!!

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:50 am

Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:

Let me chime in...

Remember -- this is just the live draft room. The rest of the stuff is getting worked on as we speak including the FAAB processing.'The rest of the stuff' is the important part, no?

Mock drafts and online can be handled by MDC if necessary. Shouldn't 'the rest of the stuff' be the primary focus?
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

The RoundTrippers

GREG please help us!!!

Post by The RoundTrippers » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:12 am

i admit i am a bit nervous.....drafts are only 3 weeks away guys. i know this a new venture and there are alot of things fanball has going on but the faab and backend should be the #1 priority!!! i am in 5 faab leagues(15k invested) and am very curious how the site works PREVIOUS to the 1st week of faab. i admit(as diseased as i am) i would have done my leagues IF i felt more comfortable with the process. i know the 1st year there will be plenty of growing pains and i also know all fanball staffers are working their asses off. i just hope the priorities are in the right order. i will relax and take a xanax(damn, before the season even starts) or 2 and wait for the results of fanballs labor. i do trust n greg and it was nice to hear from the top today. please keep us in the loop. i just think people get itchy when we expect releases(mock draft site....etc) and it doesnt happen.....best of luck and see ya in 3 weeks ;)

Red Sox Nation

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Red Sox Nation » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:14 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

quote:Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:

Let me chime in...

Remember -- this is just the live draft room. The rest of the stuff is getting worked on as we speak including the FAAB processing.'The rest of the stuff' is the important part, no?

Mock drafts and online can be handled by MDC if necessary. Shouldn't 'the rest of the stuff' be the primary focus?
[/QUOTE]Exactly! I could care less about mock drafts. I'm most concerned with the FAAB system. With 9 leagues I'm hoping and praying that the system is even better than STATS. Otherwise no sleep on Sundays. I trust Greg but this seems to be out of his hands right now.
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Hard Heads

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Hard Heads » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 am

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

Let me chime in...

[/QUOTE]Exactly! I could care less about mock drafts. I'm most concerned with the FAAB system. With 9 leagues I'm hoping and praying that the system is even better than STATS. Otherwise no sleep on Sundays. I trust Greg but this seems to be out of his hands right now.
[/QUOTE]Amen!

Nobody is doubting anyone is working there arses off to get it right, but damn the season is fast approaching and while i don't have 15k invested in FAAB leagues I have plenty that has me concerned. The site and faab process could be a disaster and we may not know until we go live. Damn never taken a Xanex RT does it work?????? :(
Hard Heads

The RoundTrippers

GREG please help us!!!

Post by The RoundTrippers » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:28 am

Originally posted by Hard Heads:

quote:Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

Let me chime in...

[/QUOTE]Amen!

Nobody is doubting anyone is working there arses off to get it right, but damn the season is fast approaching and while i don't have 15k invested in FAAB leagues I have plenty that has me concerned. The site and faab process could be a disaster and we may not know until we go live. Damn never taken a Xanex RT does it work?????? :(
[/QUOTE]xanax is great if you like to sleep!!

sportsbettingman

GREG please help us!!!

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:38 am

One change that would be sweet to see implemented into Fanball online drafting software...

Players listed in alphabetical order only unless you yourself submit a pre-created draft list.

Having a default draft list with players ordered by any default ranking skews the ADP reports due to many players just toggling through the default list and running with it.

This would be an advantage to the prepared drafters, which it should be. No helping out those who are not prepared. No default cheatsheets!!! :cool:

You also may want to use the post-45 round draft lists from MDC to see all potential players who may or may not be in the Fanball player pool. With a 45 round live draft on the horizon...it would/could create a BIG headache and time delay having to pause the draft and relay a bunch of players who were not in the player pool system.

[ February 27, 2010, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Hard Heads

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Hard Heads » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:43 am

quote:Originally posted by Hard Heads:

quote:Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

Let me chime in...

[/QUOTE]Amen!

[/QUOTE]xanax is great if you like to sleep!!
[/QUOTE]As someone being impacted business wise like you I may need a restful nights sleep or ten. LOL Bring on the Xanex!!!!!
Hard Heads

Latham

GREG please help us!!!

Post by Latham » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:58 am

quote:Originally posted by edelman24:

Greg,

Will there be any opportunity to see the new back end service prior to the 2010 NFBC? This change is big news for me and will determine how many teams I sign up for, I know you are saying everything will be different then what happend with the NFBBC but it would help a lot if its something that can be seen with our 2009 teams at least before hand.

Mike Yes, of course. In fact, we'll ask for beta testers beforehand. Of course we know this is big news, but we understand the concerns and will get continued input from whomever wants to be involved in the process. Sound good?

The goal is to show it to you in advance so that you can see what we have. No problem if you feel you need to hold off on doing multiple leagues, but we know we have to get it right in order to give you all confidence to do as many leagues as you did last year with the same setup.
[/QUOTE]As we hit March I hope we will still be able to see how the FAAB will run before the season starts. We have taken a lot of positive steps over the past few years to make Sunday's a little FAAB run smoother enabling us to handle playing in more leagues. I have scaled back by satellite signups waiting to see the new FAAB system. Hopefully we can get any bugs worked out before the season starts, this seems to be the biggest concern for a lot of us.