NFBC Mock Draft Software Is Now Live!!

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:38 am

Originally posted by JAGUAR:

VERY VERY UPSET THIS IS **** . HAVING 2 DRAFTS NEXT WEEK :mad: :mad: .I SPENT AT LEAST 2 HRS GETTING MY DRAFT CUE JUST THE WAY I WANTED IT . I MADE 3 DIFFERENT LISTS 1 WITH ALL HITTERS . 1 WITH ALL STARTERS / THE OTHER WITH ALL RP . TRIED IT OUT HOPEING TO SWITCH BACK AND FORTH . YEA RIGHT . IT TOOK YOU GUYS THIS LONG FOR THIS CRAP . WHEN I MADE MY LISTS I MADE SURE TO HIT ( SAVE LISTS ) EVERYTIME . THESE LISTS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE . NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO THE PRE LISTS I MADE . MAYBE LETS GO BACK TO MDC FOR DRAFTS THIS WEEK . IF NOT CAN I JUST GET I REFUND . We are aware of the rankings issue, and it is being worked on.

The lists you created are saved, and you'll be able to use them in the software once everything is fixed.
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

graybros

Post by graybros » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:41 am

Geoff- do you have any news on the draft orders for satellites that draft the middle of next week?
Twitter: @thegraymatters

bjoak

Post by bjoak » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:44 am

[ March 06, 2010, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: bjoak ]
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:44 am

Has this question ever been asked and answered...

Why not run the satellites on MDC this year, and refine the drafting software for use next year?

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:49 am

Originally posted by graybros:

Geoff- do you have any news on the draft orders for satellites that draft the middle of next week? We are working hard behind the scenes to try and get this done. Hopefully, we can get all of this squared away today.
[email protected]

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:49 am

refine the drafting software for uOriginally posted by Gekko:

Why not run the satellites on MDC this year, andse next year? I totally agree with this.Im the worst on computers and just to many things to work out.
EDWARD J GILLIS

Bama

Post by Bama » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:55 am

MDC is POS, This will be better but when is the ?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:15 am

Originally posted by eddiejag:

quote: refine the drafting software for uOriginally posted by Gekko:

Why not run the satellites on MDC this year, andse next year? I totally agree with this.Im the worst on computers and just to many things to work out.
[/QUOTE]eddie - this is what happens when the public is the beta testers one week before it is to go live.

JAGUAR

Post by JAGUAR » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 am

so geoff you say that my list are indeed saved. so somewhere out in space my lists are floating around waiting for me .just as long as i don't have to make new ones . without lists it would be hard to find the guys you want when it gets to the later rds .with a draft thurs and sat i hope my lists come back from space before then. :confused: :confused: :confused:

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:32 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

In the draft selection boxes, I don't think we need to see "Round 5, Pick 7" in every box with every pick.

A simple "5.07", preferably in a larger font, is more than sufficient. Doing another mock now ...

Along the same lines as above, I noticed that in the draft box the player's first name is abbreviated. Please put the players full name on two lines, rather than abbreviating. There are a lot of Ramirez's and Gonzalez's, etc, we shouldn't have to guess which one is being drafted.

kgrady

Post by kgrady » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:37 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

Why not run the satellites on MDC this year, and refine the drafting software for use next year? I concur with this. I haven't signed up for the DoublePlay yet. One of the reasons is concern over the on-line drafts. There's just too much uncertainty this late in the process.

Kevin
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

KJ Duke

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:39 am

A few more.

good ...

Love the string of round numbers with the current round highlighted. Also, nicely done showing entire team roster without having to scroll.

not so good ...

The rules tab needs to go.

Instead of the rules tab, how about a tab that shows which drafters are online, like in MDC. Also, a system message should pop up in chat when a drafter enters or exits the draft room.

The draft queue should be taller, maybe 10 players visible rather than 5.

Same for live chat, more lines should be visible. At times chat can fly and seeing only the last 5 lines isn't nearly enough ... 10-20 lines would be much better.

Agree with previous poster on the time clock. Needs to show hours for the slow drafts.

[ March 06, 2010, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

viper

Post by viper » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:41 am

Until the lists work, it is hardly worth using after one test drive.

I guess I'm with all the others on these points

1. Lists work or do not use it

2. I would like to see a way to see more of the recently selected pick. Catching up when a name is hard to find on your paper lists is not easy. Having only the last 8 at MDC was a pain. Try to get the last 15 at a minimum.

3. If you are scrolling for a player, having the list go back to the top when a pick is made is a disaster

4. I like changing a position but if you draft Dunn and 1B and later want him at OF, what can you do? Why even care. At MDC for real drafts you drafted 30 players and it was your responsibility to have all your positions covered. Will that be the case here. It should be.

5. When I hit "refresh" is seems to stop counting time. What impact does it have on others?

6. I had Pandora on when I first tried to enter the room. Can you spell "Computer Freeze" or "reboot required"

I have no issues with the advertising. I suspect there is a financial reason.

Having the rules is a waste of space.

[ March 06, 2010, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: viper ]

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:58 am

Viper, Are you doing a life event this year??

eddiejag

Post by eddiejag » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:06 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

A few more.

good ...

Love the string of round numbers with the current round highlighted. Also, nicely done showing entire team roster without having to scroll.

not so good ...

The rules tab needs to go.

Instead of the rules tab, how about a tab that shows which drafters are online, like in MDC. Also, a system message should pop up in chat when a drafter enters or exits the draft room.

The draft queue should be taller, maybe 10 players visible rather than 5.

Same for live chat, more lines should be visible. At times chat can fly and seeing only the last 5 lines isn't nearly enough ... 10-20 lines would be much better.

Agree with previous poster on the time clock. Needs to show hours for the slow drafts. Also agree with the wasted spot for the rules.Like im ever going to go there during the draft with a clock ticking.
EDWARD J GILLIS

viper

Post by viper » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 am

Originally posted by Walla Walla:

Viper, Are you doing a life event this year?? Did one the first three years but not since. I have had 2-4 satellites each year however.

Captain Crunch

Post by Captain Crunch » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:57 am

Made my own rankings list. Saved it. Still there. Log out and in. Still there. Start a draft, choose my list, wtf? It ain't MY list. Go on auto and check my list, it's correct. I give up.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:06 am

Originally posted by Captain Crunch:

Made my own rankings list. Saved it. Still there. Log out and in. Still there. Start a draft, choose my list, wtf? It ain't MY list. Go on auto and check my list, it's correct. I give up. There is currently an issue -- that is being worked on -- with transferring rankings into the draft software.

It will be fixed soon.

Thanks, Captain.
[email protected]

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:09 am

Originally posted by JAGUAR:

so geoff you say that my list are indeed saved. so somewhere out in space my lists are floating around waiting for me .just as long as i don't have to make new ones . without lists it would be hard to find the guys you want when it gets to the later rds .with a draft thurs and sat i hope my lists come back from space before then. :confused: :confused: :confused: When you go back to the rankings page, is it there?
[email protected]

kgrady

Post by kgrady » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:09 am

Originally posted by Captain Crunch:

Made my own rankings list. Saved it. Still there. Log out and in. Still there. Start a draft, choose my list, wtf? It ain't MY list. Go on auto and check my list, it's correct. I give up. I experienced the same thing. I then clicked upon 'reload picks'. This brought in my list, or something very close to it. Miguel Cabrera was in the wrong spot, but otherwise it seemed correct.

Kevin
"Fear ... that's the other guy's problem!" - Lewis Winthorpe (Dan Akroyd) from Trading Places

High Octane Baseball

Post by High Octane Baseball » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:10 am

not wanting to go thru 15 pages of replies..i was just wondering if the mock draft software is where all the real online drafts will take place..or will the real drafts take place on the MDS site?

kgrady

Post by kgrady » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:14 am

I just partook in my first draft on this site. Here are a few observations which may or may not have been mentioned somewhere on the boards.

1) The Default picks are posted every 5 seconds. That's way too fast. It should be about 12-15 seconds, because one still needs time to cross the names off of his ranking sheets.

2) 'Who's here?' feature lists me as being not signed in.

3) I was unable to resize the draft window so as to fill the entire screen.

Kevin

viper

Post by viper » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:16 am

Originally posted by kgrady:

I just partook in my first draft on this site. Here are a few observations which may or may not have been mentioned somewhere on the boards.

1) The Default picks are posted every 5 seconds. That's way too fast. It should be about 12-15 seconds, because one still needs time to cross the names off of his ranking sheets.

2) 'Who's here?' feature lists me as being not signed in.

3) I was unable to resize the draft window so as to fill the entire screen.

Kevin I would suspect that in a real draft, there won't be any/many auto picks.

Resize is about the same as MDC.

viper

Post by viper » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:19 am

Originally posted by CLO:

not wanting to go thru 15 pages of replies..i was just wondering if the mock draft software is where all the real online drafts will take place..or will the real drafts take place on the MDS site? that is probably the current $64,000 question. A better question is when will the drafts be on Fanball? 2011 is an possible answer I suspect. So is the mid-year 2010 leagues.

I am planning to set up lists on MDC this weekend as I have a draft on the 14th.

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:28 am

I like to sort by stat category but only if the player pool is narrowed to my own list of players. Like if I sort by WHIP, I want to see the guys on my set list in order of WHIP.

The reason I mention this is that the new draft room handles this very poorly. Tons of unknown players show up. Will importing your own list fix this?

I don't want minor league scrubs cluttering up my decision-making process.

Fixing this would honestly be a huge score over MDC in that regard.

Thanks for listening,

-Craig Kielinski
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26