Now Presenting: Conditional Bid DEMO!!!

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Copying bids between teams ain't happening anytime soon. Programmatically it would insane. I'd not get your hopes up.

Copying conditional bid trees on the same team is very reasonable though, one would think. It depends though how much validation is going on behind the scenes. Like if it stops you from bidding on the same guy twice or something erroneous like that then the copying would constantly fail.

-Craig Kielinski
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:28 am

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:

Copying bids between teams ain't happening anytime soon. Programmatically it would insane. I'd not get your hopes up.

Copying conditional bid trees on the same team is very reasonable though, one would think. It depends though how much validation is going on behind the scenes. Like if it stops you from bidding on the same guy twice or something erroneous like that then the copying would constantly fail.

-Craig Kielinski Unfortunatley, Craig is spot on!

Heels

Post by Heels » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:42 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

1) Greatly prefer seeing all bids on the page rather than seeing just one group at a time.

2) Show more stats, at a bare minimum:

hitters - GMs, H, AB, Ks, BB, %owned

pitchers - APP, GS, IP, ER, BB, %owned

3) spacing is too wide between players, we have to scroll twice the distance as on STATS to see same # of players.

4) need the "track player" option.

5) show available free agent dollars at top of page.

6) why the massively wide column space in relation to the required column width? Looks stylish but harder to read.

7) If you are going to allow higher dollar bids on lower priority bids, you need to implement software rules that do not allow for laddered bidding.

example:

1 pujols 50

2 pujols 60

3 pujols 70 What happens if you do this "laddering" but for different bid lists and not the same list. I.e. Free Agent Bid list #1: Pujols 10

Free Agent Bid List #2: Pujols 20

Free Agent Bid List #3: Pujols 30

Does your 30 bid trump all the others and even if the highest competing bid was $5 you pay $30, or does the first bid "win" b/c no other bids were higher than $10? I know this could be done under the old system, but I've never thought about it until now.

viper

Post by viper » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:23 am

If you look back about 5-6 posts, Greg said that higher conditional bids are not going to be allowed - at least this season. I think he was referring to all leagues although the Rule I found was for satellite leagues.

Heels

Post by Heels » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38 am

Originally posted by viper:

If you look back about 5-6 posts, Greg said that higher conditional bids are not going to be allowed - at least this season. I think he was referring to all leagues although the Rule I found was for satellite leagues. Is this in response to my question? If so, I'm not talking about conditional bids, I'm talking about entering seperate bids with the same players (which you can do in the demo) for increasing amounts. My question is what bid is the one that counts, i.e. can you accomplish the laddering KJ was talkng about through doing multiple bids.

viper

Post by viper » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

well, if conditional bids have to be for a lesser amount, I don't see how you can do this. If you had Pujols for $60 and a conditional for him at $50, the second bid would seem a bit meaningless. Or did I miss something?

Also i think Greg also said somewhere that you could not have two bids for the same player in the same initial/conditional bid series. I think he said that.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Originally posted by viper:

well, if conditional bids have to be for a lesser amount, I don't see how you can do this. If you had Pujols for $60 and a conditional for him at $50, the second bid would seem a bit meaningless. Or did I miss something?

Also i think Greg also said somewhere that you could not have two bids for the same player in the same initial/conditional bid series. I think he said that. I have asked the IT team to make sure we have conditional bids now ranked by dollar value, just like we have in the rules and just like we've had in the NFBC the last six years. You will not be able to rank your bids with a lesser bid first and a higher dollar value second. I just think we have enough to adjust to now as a group and this might be too big of an adjustment.

So for 2010 baseball and football we will have conditional bids being in the order of dollar values and you can Move players up or down who have the same bid dollar amount ($1, for instance). I hope this helps.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Spyhunter

Post by Spyhunter » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Originally posted by Red Sox Nation:

quote:Originally posted by Spyhunter:

All,

What happend to the ability to copy a thread of bids between teams? If one of the players isn't available in that league, you get a preview and it shows the player bids that will 'disapear'

This would really make is much much easier to manage more teams!!! YES. This would save hours. Please get the tekkies on this. Thanks
[/QUOTE]Greg, this is you #1 way to expand your business Make it easier for us to manage more teams! As a former tech developer years ago, this isn't that hard to program at all, imho...

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:07 pm

How often do you have two teams that need the same players? I would drop this before you **** the programming team off with this insane request. They are probably all secretly laughing at you already.

Spy, you forgot your other idea. Remember? You said you wanted it to let you enter your draft tendencies and draft plan and have the software analyze your draft list and suggest a player to draft for you each round.

Greg, please get on that too! :rolleyes:
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

-Don DeLillo

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 pm

How often do you have two teams that need the same players? I would drop this before you **** the programming team off with this insane request. They are probably all secretly laughing at you already.

Spy, you forgot your other idea. Remember? You said you wanted it to let you enter your draft tendencies and draft plan and have the software analyze your draft list and suggest a player to draft for you each round.

Greg, please get on that too! :rolleyes: Mace and Bailey's sounds like a cool name for a restaurant or pub, but I somehow always wonder what a Martini glass that was coated with a single pump of mace to line the inside of the glass, then filled with ice and Baileys Irish Cream would taste like. :D :D :D

http://www.baileys.com/Gateway/
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Good idea Lance. Someone should name their kids Mason and Bailey. Wait- I already did that. Nevermind.

No one sees the barn,

-Don DeLillo

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:04 pm

Good idea Lance. Someone should name their kids Mason and Bailey. Wait- I already did that. Nevermind. Ahhh...it's all getting clearer now! :D
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 am

Can we get an update on some of the fixes suggested here for the FAAB system? Perhaps we could get another demo to see the changes.
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Red Sox Nation

Post by Red Sox Nation » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Any updates? The clock is ticking to FAAB time. I hope this isn't the final product.
2004 NYY "The Greatest Choke in the History of Sports"

Bull Pen Pugs

Post by Bull Pen Pugs » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:49 pm

Agreed! I am in 9 leagues and want to be able to do FAAB starting next Monday. PLEASE do not put this off any longer and make it operational starting Monday, the latest. Otherwise, wifey will be getting mad, more lost time with her.... :D

[ March 24, 2010, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Bull Pen Pugs ]