New Mock Draft Site

Bobby J

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Bobby J » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:49 am

the only thing so far that I like MDC better is the participation. Talk about frustrating. A full 15 teamer and only 5 show up at 3cst today, what a joke. Once again, why sign up, especially since we are using NFBC ADP lists, a total waste of time for those that showed up. I know mocks are a time to practice and try different things and since they are free the information is somewhat useless. But just an absolute waste
Some Assembly Required

King of Queens

New Mock Draft Site

Post by King of Queens » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:53 am

Originally posted by Bobby J:

the only thing so far that I like MDC better is the participation. Talk about frustrating. A full 15 teamer and only 5 show up at 3cst today, what a joke. Once again, why sign up, especially since we are using NFBC ADP lists, a total waste of time for those that showed up. I know mocks are a time to practice and try different things and since they are free the information is somewhat useless. But just an absolute waste Maybe they thought it was 3pm EST

Bobby J

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Bobby J » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:59 am

yeah, I did that on the first one I signed up for last night, thought it was 8est and it was 8cst
Some Assembly Required

rkulaski

New Mock Draft Site

Post by rkulaski » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:29 am

With so many nfbc slow drafts now offered, I would think there would be much less interest in mock drafts.
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Bobby J

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Bobby J » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 am

I understand that, but that would be the reason for it not filling, but 15 teams actually signed up and only 5 showed.
Some Assembly Required

KJ Duke

New Mock Draft Site

Post by KJ Duke » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:47 am

Originally posted by Bobby J:

I understand that, but that would be the reason for it not filling, but 15 teams actually signed up and only 5 showed. Most are probably just testing the software Bobby.

DrDobs

New Mock Draft Site

Post by DrDobs » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:59 pm

yeah, Mock Drafts are actually quite lame and I think they are a *bad* tool to prep for a draft. People rarely fill these, even when they do they almost never stay till the end, they will intentional make bad picks to throw ADP data off, etc.

Slow Draft Champion legues are 100% the way to go. Everybody has some skin in the game, and you can actually manage the league easily throughout the season...

Jon

Gekko

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 am

Originally posted by DrDobs:

Slow Draft Champion legues are 100% the way to go. Everybody has some skin in the game, and you can actually manage the league easily throughout the season...

Jon slow drafts...one of the best inventions known to a fantay baseball player (unless you own Nathan, Webb, etc)

GOD Loves You

New Mock Draft Site

Post by GOD Loves You » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by DrDobs:

Jon slow drafts...one of the best inventions known to a fantay baseball player (unless you own Nathan, Webb, etc)
[/QUOTE]Or Angel Guzman.

Dr., I hope you aren't using DC leagues to prep for main event.

viper

New Mock Draft Site

Post by viper » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:59 am

I was in a 2EST [1CST] and a 4EST [3CST] draft yesterday. They were my first and I wanted to see what the site had and to check out all the issues brought up on these boards. I think I was there for 5-8 rounds in both. I also didn't really care who I drafted. Getting familiar with the site was paramount.

I think that is what most people were doing. I won't go there again until the list issue is fixed. I'm not thrilled with only easily seeing the last 3 picks and the scrolling resetting when a pick is made but they are issues less critical than the list issue. Things like the Rules having a link and the advertising are really irrelevant

With a real draft on the 14th, I am in the process of getting my list set up on MDC. It is correct to cover all bases.

billywaz

New Mock Draft Site

Post by billywaz » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:01 am

Bobby,

I am one of the people who signed up for the 3 CST mock yesterday and didn't show up.

I didn't show up because I had some stuff come up, along with the fact that this weeks drafts are going to be done on MDC.

Honestly, I hope Fanball decides to just do ALL satellites and the online main event on MDC. This way they can really work out all the kinks and make improvements before football season and hit the ground running.

Catch

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Catch » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:42 am

Originally posted by billywaz:

Honestly, I hope Fanball decides to just do ALL satellites and the online main event on MDC. This way they can really work out all the kinks and make improvements before football season and hit the ground running. Short and sweet, 100% AGREE.

Bobby J

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Bobby J » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:42 am

Mocks are what they are, just looking at the site and how it functions, 5 to 8 rounds is right, I stayed for 9 the other night with 12 people there to start. I just figured more people would be on to try out the site and move around to make sure they understand it fully. Maybe more will fill and people will try some different plans out once deaft positions are announced. Just trying to get in a couple 10 rounders and not having all the picks, as Greg put it, be "straight butter"
Some Assembly Required

meanguy

New Mock Draft Site

Post by meanguy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm doing a mock right now. I can't see the clock and the chat box/Que at the same time. Others in the mock are saying they can see it all on one page. Is there a way to correct this?

DrDobs

New Mock Draft Site

Post by DrDobs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:

With so many nfbc slow drafts now offered, I would think there would be much less interest in mock drafts. I completely agree with this and actually think the Slow Draft Draft Champion format is really where people should be 'practicing' because what you are playing against are people who are legitimately doing the best they can anyway.

I have *never* done a mock draft where all the owners actually stayed to the end anyway.

Jon

DrDobs

New Mock Draft Site

Post by DrDobs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:35 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

quote:Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by DrDobs:

[/QUOTE]Or Angel Guzman.

Dr., I hope you aren't using DC leagues to prep for main event.
[/QUOTE]And do you actually think that participating in a "mock" draft is actually a better tool? Nathan going down changes nothing other than the value of him, and a couple of twins setup guys.

Jon

Vander

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Vander » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Originally posted by Catch:

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

Honestly, I hope Fanball decides to just do ALL satellites and the online main event on MDC. This way they can really work out all the kinks and make improvements before football season and hit the ground running. Short and sweet, 100% AGREE.
[/QUOTE]Instead they decided not to be customer friendly

Vander

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Vander » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Haven't done a draft on the site yet, will try tonight. Much harder to arrange your own list almost to the point of it's not worth trying. The drag feature on mdc is much better for moving a guy a lot of spots. Maybe there are features that would work better, but I have no clue how to make that happen. That's a large part of the problem. Unfamiliarity. Now some must use it for real tonight. Fortunately I have a week to prepare just out of dumb luck.

Greg Ambrosius

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Vander:

quote:Originally posted by Catch:

quote:Originally posted by billywaz:

[/QUOTE]Instead they decided not to be customer friendly
[/QUOTE]Dave, you copied Billy's quote from March 7th. The online mocks have been going smoothly on the new Fanball draft software these last 10 days and the first pay leagues are being run there tonight. I'm not sure why you say we're not customer friendly when our drafting tools are much better than MDC's. You can't sort by categories on MDC like you can on our site, the position eligibility isn't exactly as the NFBC's, the default rankings are not according to our current ADPs, etc. You are familiar with MDC, so obviously you like that better. We understand. But not customer friendly? Explain.

Once all pay drafts are done on our own draft software, we have the ability to load them right into your team pages. We don't have to wait for a third party company to send them to us and then have us convert them into our player IDs. In fact, it makes perfect sense for any high-stakes company to own their own draft software, back-end support, etc. It just takes time to get used to it, that's all.

For years I heard from NFBC members who said that STATS sucked. That MDC sucked. Now I guess we suck. Change isn't easy. But we are trying to be more customer friendly with these changes, not less customer friendly.

Again, let's hear from the folks in the pay drafts tonight. I hope all goes well and they have good things to say.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Bama

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Bama » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:00 pm

MDC Sux. Unfortunately i had 3 drafts on that site. Now i have to wait till forever to have my team loaded on the site. If i was you guys i would be jumping up and down with joy.

Money

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Money » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Haven't done a draft on the site yet, will try tonight. Much harder to arrange your own list almost to the point of it's not worth trying. The drag feature on mdc is much better for moving a guy a lot of spots. Maybe there are features that would work better, but I have no clue how to make that happen. That's a large part of the problem. Unfamiliarity. Now some must use it for real tonight. Fortunately I have a week to prepare just out of dumb luck. Sir, You're beating a dead horse. Why go on like this. The powers that be are woking to get everyone there draft spots for the upcoming drafts. Did you sign up with the knowledge that it would be on MDC? If you did and want your money back, I'll take your teams off your hands. Quit wasting everyones time.

I get called a sheep by the sportsbettingwoman for asking if the ADP will be the default. What's with everyone? Lets all do our homework and enjoy the ride, we all new what the intentions were when we signed up.
Joe

DrDobs

New Mock Draft Site

Post by DrDobs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Haven't done a draft on the site yet, will try tonight. Much harder to arrange your own list almost to the point of it's not worth trying. The drag feature on mdc is much better for moving a guy a lot of spots. Maybe there are features that would work better, but I have no clue how to make that happen. That's a large part of the problem. Unfamiliarity. Now some must use it for real tonight. Fortunately I have a week to prepare just out of dumb luck. I've used the draft room for a few mock drafts and though I think it's far from perfect, it is *certainly* useable. I'm making a list of things they can incorporate to make this a better draft room than MDC and will submit it to them after the baseball season starts. Overall, it's going to be an improvement I believe in the long run.

Jon

Cooperstown

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Cooperstown » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:47 am

Haven't done a draft on the site yet, will try tonight. Much harder to arrange your own list almost to the point of it's not worth trying. The drag feature on mdc is much better for moving a guy a lot of spots. Maybe there are features that would work better, but I have no clue how to make that happen. That's a large part of the problem. Unfamiliarity. Now some must use it for real tonight. Fortunately I have a week to prepare just out of dumb luck. Dave,

I too wish the drag feature was there, but after drafting last night, I like a lot of the new features. The ability to change a players position before drafting him is nice. And you should learn and remember this because moving a player that qualifies for 2 positions to his other position after the fact slows the draft down. Though if you're keeping your own roster, you don't really need to do this.

I also like the grid display of all teams' rosters. It gives you a quick read of the team needs to the other side of you from where the pick comes from.

I recommend doing a mock draft, even if you're the only one in there. It helped me a lot. It was just 3 of us and 12 auto picks. Goes fast and you can check out any time you want.

Good luck in Chicago Dave.

Sebadiah23

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Sebadiah23 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 am

Having to redo my list is a bit of a pain but if that is my biggest gripe I'm not too upset either.

I love to be able to sort by category during the draft.

-Craig

[ March 17, 2010, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Sebadiah23 ]
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Dub

New Mock Draft Site

Post by Dub » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Layout looks good. It would be nice to see a feedback section in the mocks - MDC does that well.
"I don't remmeber what I don't remember.”- Jerry Garcia