Speed Drafting

Rey

Speed Drafting

Post by Rey » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:44 am

Powering your laptop shouldn't be much of an issue nowadays. I just get a backup battery ($40 on Amazon) and swap out during the 2nd break. easy as pie

Glenneration X

Speed Drafting

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 pm

I brought two backup batteries for my laptop....be prepared.

I have no problem with a quick-paced draft as long as the rules are followed. Both my Main Event & Live DP went lightning fast and that was fine by me. If you had your full minute to draft when your pick came around, you shouldn't complain....that's what you're allotted.

I do agree with whoever mentioned that the rule on breaks aren't followed. The rules call for a 15-minute break after round 10 and then again after round 20. It doesn't say the facilitator can shorten the break to 5 or 10 minutes and it definitely doesn't say that the facilitator can put skipping the break up for a vote.

Our facilitator tried that for the Live DP draft. Unfortunately for him and those who supported the motion, I had the first pick at that turn and explained that I wouldn't be picking until after my break.

Glenn

Thunder

Speed Drafting

Post by Thunder » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

After reading this and the 'utterly ridiculous' thread, I have come to the conclusion that if you say a SP's name as fast as you can when it's your turn, more than one person will be uncomfortable. dan, we saw the same kind of run in our draft. i believe you brought it up that we'd just had a hell of a SP run.

i totally agree with shawn, the players decide the tempo, as i said in the "utterly rediculus" thread.
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

DOUGHBOYS

Speed Drafting

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Originally posted by Kentucky Reign:

quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

After reading this and the 'utterly ridiculous' thread, I have come to the conclusion that if you say a SP's name as fast as you can when it's your turn, more than one person will be uncomfortable. dan, we saw the same kind of run in our draft. i believe you brought it up that we'd just had a hell of a SP run.

i totally agree with shawn, the players decide the tempo, as i said in the "utterly rediculus" thread.
[/QUOTE]Right on the money, Bill. No outlier at all, ...outlier, don't care for the word,... I just don't trust words that are written and seldom spoken.

At one point there were tons of picks and only three stickers were not the colors of the sp stickers.

The tempo is up to the players as long as the facilitators are doing their job.

Personally, I like the faster tempo.

[ March 23, 2010, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

sportsbettingman

Speed Drafting

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

I blame Malcolm Gladwell. :D

His book caused your favorite word to be stylish to drop.

The guy was a nobody until he grew his hair out like my man Einstein! (he even admitted it) I guess he had to make himself "remarkable" as my man Seth Godin says...before they took his work seriously.

Before...

(Nobody cares what your name is or what you think)

After...(editted to add "BOINGGG!!!" sound effect to hair growing out!) :D

(He's overbooked with speaking engagements)

Damn fabricated Drama!!! :mad: :mad: :D :D

[ March 23, 2010, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

DOUGHBOYS

Speed Drafting

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

I blame Malcolm Gladwell. :D

His book caused your favorite word to be stylish to drop.

The guy was a nobody until he grew his hair out like my man Einstein! (he even admitted it) I guess he had to make himself "remarkable" as my man Set Godin says...before they took his word for seriously.

Before...

(Nobody cares what your name is or what you think)

After...

(He's overbooked with speaking engagements)

Damn fabricated Drama!!! :mad: :mad: :D :D :D This is probably why brilliance escapes me.

It probably holds true for the opposite.

Meaning guys with more hair under their pants, than under their hats.

[ March 23, 2010, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Money

Speed Drafting

Post by Money » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 am

Had to be better than the 6 hour plus satellite draft last night!!
Joe