If You See Any Roster Errors

pinstripepower

Post by pinstripepower » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Slowdraft#5 and slowdraft#11 look to be all set you can make roster changes and have them stick.F.Y.I. Man you guys are tough give them a break they are working out the kinks.

team z

Post by team z » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

quote:Originally posted by mrhambone:

I'd like to know how long I will have to look at FA and deal with the trouble shooting.

This is a bigger deal than what has been let on.

Being able to look at your league, spot the gems that were not drafted, and place bids accordingly based on opponents rosters is a GIGANTIC part of this game.

I believe we are at close to the one week mark for satellite's first waivers to run.

Let alone the bigger leagues.

We have been as tolerant as we have always been...a few outbursts here and there, but mostly a very patient and faithful bunch.

The reality is setting in that every single issue should have already been corrected long before the first weekend of the main event took place...period.

This has become an issue. Trust...and basing everything on the past issues being resolved when the past has nothing to do with the current is wearing on many here.

It's put up or shut up time. The "first pitch is still two weeks away" argument has lost its luster. As a company aiming to be the cream of the crop...this is a black eye. A professional effort would have had all of its eggs in a row weeks ago, if not months ago.
[/QUOTE]I am not alone!

I feel so much better.
A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRIpmO6FWk

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:24 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

It would be fun one year to have everyone keep quiet on all the errors until the season started, then let the floodgates open with the problems...as punishment for having the players do all the error troubleshooting/reporting/beta testing.

it is OBVIOUS this is being done on the fly, only weeks before the season starts. I feel like these guys are just trying to get SOMETHING out to us EVEN IF IT HASN'T BEEN TESTED and have us do the testing! :eek: I mean, when you can't save your lineup, THAT MEANS SOMEONE DIDN'T TEST IT!

i was one of the first to sound the alarm about the FAAB/Backend system back in November and I was met with "we are on it and all is good. It will be better than STATS". I'm trusting Fanball that will be the case.

Once the season starts I expect minimal issues and certainly none on FAAB Sunday. I have too much money at risk to find out that someone was able to view my FAAB bids before the Sunday deadline ran, Fanball servers go offline, etc...

The clock is ticking Fanball. Soon the curtain comes up whether the programmers want it to or not. Best be ready.

Nutty Scrats

Post by Nutty Scrats » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 am

In my opinion To Fast To Soon! Trying to cram in everything this year. Only time will tell.Should have everything up an running and tested WELL before any drafts we're started with FanBall running everything. They've had issues with Snap Draft and thats been up and running for a while. I hope I'm wrong!
Ed

team z

Post by team z » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:24 am

I have just entered my DP Live draft league in one of my old spread sheet programs. I feel forced by having no confidence in the technology here to keep track of the season stats by hand. At least until I'm confident that it's accurate.

Does anyone know if NFBC honers scoring changes that come a day or two later from MLB?

[ March 26, 2010, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: the untouchables ]
A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms, enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NRIpmO6FWk

Dirt Dogs

Post by Dirt Dogs » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:30 am

I am much too busy in my daily life to be worrying about this kind of stuff. I play "high stakes" fantasy and expect stuff to be run right. I expect the players on my team to have the correct eligibility, my roster to be right, the stats to be correct. I dont have the time to worry about this stuff too.

I really hope I dont have to worry about this stuff too. NFBC has been reliable and top notch in years past. I really hope this merger isnt a black cloud over what was a great business.

Dont let us down. Step up to the plate and deliver!
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

Quack & Willy

Post by Quack & Willy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:20 am

Originally posted by the untouchables:

Does anyone know if NFBC honers scoring changes that come a day or two later from MLB? Yes they do, and make notices on the Message Board accordingly

swampass

Post by swampass » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:51 am

"Once the season starts I expect minimal issues and certainly none on FAAB Sunday. I have too much money at risk to find out that someone was able to view my FAAB bids before the Sunday deadline ran, Fanball servers go offline, etc..."

while you want "minimal issues" i want no issues. there has been oodles of time since the merger and people have "been working on it."

i expect and hope that the first weekend of FAAB runs smoothly, with 0 problems. I fear for the sanity of these boards if there are issues. It's not going to be pretty.

So with fingers crossed I say good luck Fanball/NFBC... good luck! I look forward to seeing my team up and having no issues with it.

pinstripepower

Post by pinstripepower » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Heres a new one for you.When I set my line-up classic version it seems i wiped out everything in the graphic side? When you go to league home page it looks like your whole team is wiped out,go back to classic version it is still there

Snord35

Post by Snord35 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:27 pm

As a lifer in the NFBC Tom and Gregg have always been quick for getting things done. Many of us have had our issues in the past at one time or another and they have been quick to the fix. Hell a lot of us cursed STATS time and time again for even the smallest issues.

The money many of us have put into the NFBC we expect everything to be perfect with maybe a small easy fix issue here and there at the most. For what ever reason this season the issues seem to be a mile long with a lot of input from us letting the NFBC know what to do to fix the problems. I don't know maybe it's me but if I go buy a new Corvette I don't expect to tell the dealership what is wrong with my car and have to wonder why there are so many recalls.

To make it short why are we two weeks away from the start of the season and we still have simple problems like; loading rosters, setting rosters, players not in database, and wrong player positions?

ceo3west

Post by ceo3west » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:04 am

The NY Live Double Play 5pm league 2 rosters are incorrect.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:44 am

Originally posted by ceo3west:

The NY Live Double Play 5pm league 2 rosters are incorrect. Yep -- there was an issue with this one in our back end. Thought it was an online draft and ran it as such with 30 rounds of auto-picks.

The correct rosters will be loaded in next week.

Thanks!
Geoffrey Stein - (No Longer)Senior Editor, Fanball.com (R.I.P.)
[email protected]
AIM: gstein729

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:37 am

Same thing for the Chicago live double play - rosters all wrong.

JohnP

Post by JohnP » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Originally posted by DrDobs:

Geoff,

I'll send you an email as well but you should know my DC slow drafts (#17, #18, #19) have NOT been loaded.

It's worth noting to others out there having dealt with the "fanball tech team" in previous seasons with their football package, we may be in a world of hurt here getting this season off the ground. Them being completely nameless is really only the first sign of trouble..

I *really* hope I'm off base and wrong here because nothing would be more disturbing to me than to see the NFBC get into big trouble working with these guys.....

come on Fanball, get it done!

Jon ETA on slow 17 (January) being loaded?

ETA on the "add co-manager" function?

ETA on Chicago Live 2 double play being loaded?

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Originally posted by Trash Man:

quote:Originally posted by DrDobs:

Geoff,

I'll send you an email as well but you should know my DC slow drafts (#17, #18, #19) have NOT been loaded.

It's worth noting to others out there having dealt with the "fanball tech team" in previous seasons with their football package, we may be in a world of hurt here getting this season off the ground. Them being completely nameless is really only the first sign of trouble..

I *really* hope I'm off base and wrong here because nothing would be more disturbing to me than to see the NFBC get into big trouble working with these guys.....

come on Fanball, get it done!

Jon ETA on slow 17 (January) being loaded?

ETA on the "add co-manager" function?

ETA on Chicago Live 2 double play being loaded?
[/QUOTE]I know that everyone is migrating back to Fanball headquarters with results in hand -- leagues will be loaded very soon.

Not sure on the co-manager function -- it was close last I heard. I would expect to see it this week.
[email protected]

NorCalAtlFan

Post by NorCalAtlFan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:30 pm

everything is close or soon. geoff, you have been very responsive and helpful in the past so this isn't a shot at you, the messenger. but, the fanball tech team sux. there are issues that should never have been issues. there are issues that should have been rectified as soon as they were discovered and there are ongoing issues that no one dropping the money many people here are, should have to deal with.

i mean, if they can't load leagues properly, i hate so see how next sunday is going to play out.

Babe Ruthless

Post by Babe Ruthless » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:00 pm

I can see in fanball that my main event team is loaded, but my roster for the satellite league that I drafted on 3-14 is not loaded yet.

Also, when are the free agents going to be loaded?

viper

Post by viper » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:13 pm

it is hard to plan for the 4/4 FAAB run when your 3/14 team isn't loaded yet.

DrDobs

Post by DrDobs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that the priorities here for this upcoming week are..

#1) All drafts properly loaded and assigned to team owners.

#2) Functionality of being able to move players to/from active and bench works.

#3) Functionality of FAAB process works properly.

All other considerations such as co-managers, playing nicely with various browsers, pictures not showing up, etc etc can all wait and I hope the 'tech team' isn't waisting valuable time on those issues when the primary focus should be on the above.

Jon

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Originally posted by DrDobs:

Well, I think it's pretty safe to say that the priorities here for this upcoming week are..

#1) All drafts properly loaded and assigned to team owners.

#2) Functionality of being able to move players to/from active and bench works.

#3) Functionality of FAAB process works properly.

All other considerations such as co-managers, playing nicely with various browsers, pictures not showing up, etc etc can all wait and I hope the 'tech team' isn't waisting valuable time on those issues when the primary focus should be on the above.

Jon I agree Jon.

The problem is MANY people probably don't know the IE-Firefox (other browser) thing. There needs to be an e-mail sent out about this ASAP, if Internet Explorer isn't going to be an option this year.

There has to be a good amount of people out there who don't visit the MB, and they need to be aware of all these issues.

Bull Pen Pugs

Post by Bull Pen Pugs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Well, enough of this, I have been patient enough!

This !@#$ better work with IE, I am not changing browsers, period! I DONT care about Graphics or how this stuff looks, just that it WORKS!!. Can set my lineup in conventional manner, thats all I need.

Get this stuff working,NOW. FA bidding better start in the next two or three days, I have 10 teams and will not be sitting at computer all day Sun, trying to get it all done in ONE DAY!

If not, fanball loses a a customer. I have been in this format and NFFC the past 4 years and we will be talking re-inbursement.. I refuse to let thier malfunctions get in my way of effectively being able to manage my teams.

It is frigging CRUNCH Time.

[ March 28, 2010, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Bull Pen Pugs ]

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Nobody LOVES to have to change browsers to get around a page rendering quirk but to say that you refuse to do it makes you seem like a giant tool. Lighten up sir. This is a game, and its fun. And the free agent bidding will get there.

-Craig K.
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Bull Pen Pugs

Post by Bull Pen Pugs » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Yup, Im a tool.. good one.

Perhaps I stuttered for you, Yes, I refuse to alter my settings for this game.

Take it as you like. What you say, means nothing to me, sir.

[ March 28, 2010, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Bull Pen Pugs ]

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:23 pm

I find it funny to suggest we change browser's to make Fanball run better. That would be a.ss backwards.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

~Albert Einstein

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Before this gets too out of hand....

One can still set their lineup in Internet Explorer -- just not using the "Graphical Version" option. Currently, the system defaults to that when one selects "Set Lineup" -- that has led to many thinking that their roster isn't loaded when they get to that page.

In the upper right of the "Set Lineup" page is a "Classic Version" option that will allow IE users to enter their desired 23-man roster.

Thanks, guys.
[email protected]