Here We Go!!!

no-you-won't

Here We Go!!!

Post by no-you-won't » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:56 pm

Originally posted by no-you-won't:

Geoff- I don't have the league number, but its classic weekend 2, online league 1. I bid the same for Rowand as someone else, but he won the bid? Not sure how that works before week 1?

I'm also missing 2 other bids. I know I saved all of them. Nobody else won those players, nor were they taken in the draft.

Team Name TBD Geoff- this happened to me too. The guy with Rowand for price of $19 (I had $19 too); he drafted #2 overall while I drafted #12. So, I should have been awarded Rowand.

[ April 05, 2010, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: no-you-won't ]

GoodnGodless

Here We Go!!!

Post by GoodnGodless » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 pm

If not corrected by Monday morning, maybe we should just leave the lineups open for the week until its all fixed. ;)
If the Cincinnati Reds were really the first major league baseball team, who did they play? - George Carlin

Bama

Here We Go!!!

Post by Bama » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm

I dont know what the solution should be but to get it right as soon as possible. Hopefully some heads roll over this as it is totally unnacceptable and im sure the remedy will be hard to swallow for some. Lots of money on the line for them to **** this up like it looks they might have. Middle of night less than 12 hrs to opening day and nobody knows who's on their team and what their lineup will look like.

Bama

Here We Go!!!

Post by Bama » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Looks like all the fanball crew done went to bed. Guess its time for me to do the same.

Midfield Thinkers

Here We Go!!!

Post by Midfield Thinkers » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Easy to blame the programmers. But this is a management problem from the top down to the programmers manager. Ya'll in Missouri folks. The "Show me" state. The managers are shown the stuff works before it is released. No way around it. NFBC rep has taken a serious hit. And it is the fault of those in charge not the lowly script writer.

stool pigeon

Here We Go!!!

Post by stool pigeon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:01 pm

i don't want to pile on because i know how hard these guys work but it looks like only one of my bids were processed in each of my leagues.

i know that i had bid on a player and he's not on my team or any other so......????

also, secondary to the f.a.'s live scoring didn't work at all last night for any of my leagues. i know how to check it and it was zeros for everyone all night. i tried different computers and different browsers and nothing.

i have all the confidence in the world in greg and tom but fanball has been nothing but garbage for years every time i use them. i hope that it all works out.
kaw f'ing kaw!!

Dylan Kolatzki
Saukville WI

Gekko

Here We Go!!!

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Here it is 6am and the bids have not been fixed. This will affect my 5 managed teams as I don't know who I really have or don't have on my roster.

I have NO access to any fanball webpages until 4pm this afternoon. I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard. This means I can't access my teams nor the message board. Please keep all the NFBC participants "in the loop" via EMAIL today as to what the resolution is.

My suggestion:

1. Get the bids right.

2. After that, allow everyone to set their lineups until 7pm tonight. Yes, I know this is after the 1pm games start, but you HAVE TO allow owners without fanball access an equal chance at setting lineups.

3. Fanball needs to create a "Best pratices" manual. And this is a multi-million dollar company???

None of us participants asked to be shitt on like this. Please ensure the resolution is FAIR to all owners. Thanks.

edelman24

Here We Go!!!

Post by edelman24 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:14 pm

agreed this is ridiculous. I've only looked at 1 team so far but I know its wrong I put in several conditonal bids on multiple players and these guys are all still in the player pool. An answer to how this is going to be handled would be nice at this point.

waiverwire

Here We Go!!!

Post by waiverwire » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:19 pm

There really is no completely fair solution at this point. If they do fix it this morning and allow lineup changes, people without computer access today get screwed. If they cancel the whole week's FAAB process, those who drafted based on the knowledge they'd be able to pick, players up get screwed. Best they can do is probably fix it, and then communicate via email, and allow changes by email or phone.

Edwards Kings

Here We Go!!!

Post by Edwards Kings » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Rough night to say the least. We all have a lot of time, effort, and money tied up in this contest. Greg, Tom, and now Ryan have ALWAYS made it right in the end. A little trust goes a long way and the NFBC team has earned it in my opinion. No one is more embarrassed (I imagine) than they are. New system that the bugs will be worked out. Should have been before, but they WILL make it right. We have a long season ahead of us, so do not let one night spoil it for you.

Just another owner.

[ April 05, 2010, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Edwards Kings ]
Baseball is a slow, boring, complex, cerebral game that doesn't lend itself to histrionics. You 'take in' a baseball game, something odd to say about a football or basketball game, with the clock running and the bodies flying.
Charles Krauthammer

MGBMARTY

Here We Go!!!

Post by MGBMARTY » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 pm

In one league I had 3 lists all saved. The 1st list went through okay. The other 2 were not I bid on list 2 23 on a pitcher I wanted which if the system worked I would have gotten him brcause I see another team with a lower bid received him.Do not know how you can resolve this due to the system nor recognizing multiple lists. Guess I am stuck with the infamous S Gallagher for the week who obviously was my drop guy on list 2

Marty

Bobby D

Here We Go!!!

Post by Bobby D » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:50 pm

This is why you don't implement a new application without testing it properly. I guess the powers that be thought it would be ok to test this on all of us to start the season. Again, we are asked to find errors and help fix something that should have been tested before drafting even started. Hell, what do I know, I am just a paying customer.

Maybe now Tom and Greg will see why so many were doubtful about things. Hopefully things will be fixed fairly so that people working today will be allowed to set their lineups.

Glenneration X

Here We Go!!!

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 am

Greg, Tom, Ryan, Geoff, & the tech crew,

The only fair solution at this point is to allow FAAB to go through once the bids are corrected, but not to allow any leagues to use the players picked up until next week.

You have to process the FAAB correctly. Previous bids have been seen and to throw these players back into the pool would have people use the winning bids as their starting points.

You also have to eliminate any bids on players pulled out of the free agent pools, yet were able to be bid on by some and not others. I know Sean Rodriguez was available in one of my leagues, then suddenly wasn't. I'd be gravely disappointed if I saw a winning bid on him this week. Gekko brought up this point as well. It has to be a level playing field.

I don't think you can push back the deadline for lineups as not everyone will get the notice as proven over and over again, most recently with the allowing of free agency for those leagues drafted this last week. There are also many others that may not be able or available in the time frame between when FAAB is repaired and whenever the new deadline is established. I know I will be at work until around noon and then I'm off to Mets opening day. I won't be home until this evening.

If you push the deadline past this afternoon's games, owners can put in or sit players whose stats are already known....a big no-no.

If you allow lineups without this week's FAAB, but allow FAAB to be processed correctly (with the players locked), at least everyone is on a level playing field. I believe that is the most important consideration to keep in mind for these kind of contests.

Just some thoughts to try to help.

Well, its a good thing I don't need a lot of sleep to function. I'm off to work (I'll be a little late) and then Mets opening day.

Go Mets!!!

Glenn

M Co

Here We Go!!!

Post by M Co » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 am

Not letting teams use players until next week is wrong. I have one team where due to injuries to Berkman and others, I don't have enough players. So I bid on enough players to make sure I would get one. No way would it be fair for me to take zeros. I don't know what the solution is, but that is not it...

M Co

Here We Go!!!

Post by M Co » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:08 am

Originally posted by Bobby D:

This is why you don't implement a new application without testing it properly. I guess the powers that be thought it would be ok to test this on all of us to start the season. Again, we are asked to find errors and help fix something that should have been tested before drafting even started. Hell, what do I know, I am just a paying customer.

Maybe now Tom and Greg will see why so many were doubtful about things. Hopefully things will be fixed fairly so that people working today will be allowed to set their lineups. I agree . This process clearly should have been tested better. And if not, they should have used the same as last year. We all make mistakes, and I'm sure no one anticipated this mess, but it really should have been tested a lot better than it was.

flex

Here We Go!!!

Post by flex » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 am

We have a long season ahead of us, so do not let one night spoil it for you.

[/QB]One night? This has had the mom and pop run feel since monday. We've been told to just ignore it and let things slide and guaranteed everything will be right by sunday and it ends up being worse than ever.

Cobb

Here We Go!!!

Post by Cobb » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 am

The only fair solution at this point is to allow FAAB to go through once the bids are corrected, but not to allow any leagues to use the players picked up until next week.

That's not the answer Glenn, you don't punish the players for this.
"My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments." - Harry Crumb

Jim Christie

Here We Go!!!

Post by Jim Christie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:23 am

I should have printed all my bids; I know some have gone through but I know there was one with 2 sets of bids the first went through and the 2nd did not; I just don't know which one didn't; I know who the drop was... :(
"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."

Big Fish

Here We Go!!!

Post by Big Fish » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 am

This is a serious problem if it is not corrected before lineup submission. I needed to fill 2 positions and without my FA bids going through, I will be playing short handed until the tech crew figures it out? These FAAB bids can't run next week, they have to be corrected and figured out before noon today.

No way. I am really disappointed.

Jim Christie

Here We Go!!!

Post by Jim Christie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 am

II have David Murphy on one of my teams and I never drafted him or put in a claim on him...went to view the draft results and they were not there. Dan/Jules Hot Tub League;

All I can say is this reminds me of TQ Stats!!!!

5 1/2 hours until the damn season begins.....
"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."

mbendar

Here We Go!!!

Post by mbendar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:39 am

I know I am probably the small minority, but everything ran fine for me, as I got the 1 player I wanted to put in my starting lineup. That being said, I only have 2 leagues and didn't put a lot of bids in.

Just trying to throw some positive news for people to see. I'm sure most probably won't care though with the problems you all are having.

Big Fish

Here We Go!!!

Post by Big Fish » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:42 am

Originally posted by mbendar:

I know I am probably the small minority, but everything ran fine for me, as I got the 1 player I wanted to put in my starting lineup. That being said, I only have 2 leagues and didn't put a lot of bids in.

Just trying to throw some positive news for people to see. I'm sure most probably won't care though with the problems you all are having. You are correct. No one cares. If I only ran one FA list then I would be happy to that my competition got porked and I got the only player I wanted or bid on.

viper

Here We Go!!!

Post by viper » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 am

This is a problem without a good solution. Anything done will impact some teams unfairly. Fanball took a hit tonight which will be hard to undo. Even if all the issues are fixed by 11am this morning, many folks do not have accessibility from work. They cannot even email Greg for moves because they won't be able to see who they got. I'm just in two $125 leagues but many are in multiple big money leagues. This will be a long day for many and this board will be fun to read. Sunday night was not good to Fanball and the NFBC.

M Co

Here We Go!!!

Post by M Co » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 am

Originally posted by mbendar:

Just trying to throw some positive news for people to see. I'm sure most probably won't care though with the problems you all are having. Bender- You have no way of knowing if you really got the player you wanted or not. It's entirely possible someone else in your league put in a higher bid, but if it was in his second list, it wasn't enacted. So not even those people who "get" there bids can be entirely sure the players are really theirs.

Big Fish

Here We Go!!!

Post by Big Fish » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:46 am

Originally posted by M Co:

quote:Originally posted by mbendar:

Just trying to throw some positive news for people to see. I'm sure most probably won't care though with the problems you all are having. Bender- You have no way of knowing if you really got the player you wanted or not. It's entirely possible someone else in your league put in a higher bid, but if it was in his second list, it wasn't enacted. So not even those people who "get" there bids can be entirely sure the players are really theirs.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, like 2 Super leagues at $2500 a pop. I can't play this week without those other 2 FA lists running, I have positional needs due to DL, etc and would be at a huge disadvantage to start this season. They gotta figure this out.