Order of Stats

Bama

Order of Stats

Post by Bama » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Well for what its worth. The live scoring went from something that i was okay with to something that is useless now with all the added crap. Probably dont even care to go to that page anymore.

Snord35

Order of Stats

Post by Snord35 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Where is OBP, SLG, OPS, 2B, 3B, E, CS, GIDP....oh wait this is my fantasy team just AB, Avg, R, HR, RBI, SB Please!

Bags

Order of Stats

Post by Bags » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:43 am

I agree. keep all of that extra stuff (BB, K for hitters) in the "standard" drop-down. For the "Fantasy" drop-down you should only see the 5 fantasy cats and AB/IP to get the player's relative weight.

If you gotta have that extra stuff, the 5 cats should at least be grouped together.

[ April 15, 2010, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Bags ]

swampass

Order of Stats

Post by swampass » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Originally posted by Bags:

I agree. keep all of that extra stuff (BB, K for hitters) in the "standard" drop-down. For the "Fantasy" drop-down you should only see the 5 fantasy cats and AB/IP to get the player's relative weight.

If you gotta have that extra stuff, the 5 cats should at least be grouped together. i agree. give people the box score look on the team stats page, but why on earth is the live scoring set up as:

Ab, Runs, RBI, Avg, BB, K, HR, SB

that makes no sense. hits next to Ab's make sense. avg then next to that. Runs, Hr, Rbi, Sb can then follow. F walks and k's. or at least put them at the end... after the fantasy stats.

it was also great last year in the live standing to look at each category by itself and see where you fell in it. Oh i need 4 more sb's to pick up 5 ponits. I need 15 more K's for 3 ponits. Looking at possible ponits to pick up was always fun.

i know there are still other issues out there, but as others have voiced elsewhere on these boards, live scoring and stat watching just isnt as enjoyable this year.

thanks.....

Greg Ambrosius

Order of Stats

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 pm

If I had enough pull to get this done before our other items, I'd agree with most of you that BB and K should be at the end. Then you'd have the five fantasy categories in a row. I don't see why having BBs or Ks takes away from the experience of Live Scoring, but humor me anyways. If the five fantasy categories were together, or highlighted or shown just in one spot with border lines everyone would be happy. I hear ya.

I'm just fighting to get everything you need to set lineups, see matchups, have Year-to-Date Results, Watch List and other things so I can't move this mountain right now. But you don't have to convince me anymore; five fantasy categories together is better. It makes perfect sense.

But I have to prioritize and the Watch List is No. 1 on our list ahead of changing Live Scoring categories again.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Schwartzstops

Order of Stats

Post by Schwartzstops » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:36 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

If I had enough pull to get this done before our other items, I'd agree with most of you that BB and K should be at the end. Then you'd have the five fantasy categories in a row. I don't see why having BBs or Ks takes away from the experience of Live Scoring, but humor me anyways. If the five fantasy categories were together, or highlighted or shown just in one spot with border lines everyone would be happy. I hear ya.

I'm just fighting to get everything you need to set lineups, see matchups, have Year-to-Date Results, Watch List and other things so I can't move this mountain right now. But you don't have to convince me anymore; five fantasy categories together is better. It makes perfect sense.

But I have to prioritize and the Watch List is No. 1 on our list ahead of changing Live Scoring categories again. I feel almost guilty saying this since I started the last 15-page thread, but I think someone mentioned this previously so I'll echo it... is it possible to make this user-customizable?

Bags

Order of Stats

Post by Bags » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:21 am

I agree with schwartz. i was thinking of that too, but I figured it would be way way way down the line to get this customized. As greg said, he has many other things first that must get fixed. having said that, it would be great if we could just check the cats we want to see and/or put them in the order we want to see them (like sporstline)

Cooperstown

Order of Stats

Post by Cooperstown » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:16 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

But I have to prioritize and the Watch List is No. 1 on our list ahead of changing Live Scoring categories again. Greg, I asked this somewhere else, but an optional check box for each owners team that hides the non-fantasy stats will help a lot.

Greg Ambrosius

Order of Stats

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:26 am

I think I've said this many times: I'm pushing as hard as I can to get the Watch List, Bench Player stats and Set Lineups to you as fast as possible. I'm asking and asking for those to be done for you guys so that you can save as much time as possible on Sundays and know everything about your teams. I can't do any more than that because I can't program a damn thing. I need John's team to finish these items for me.

Ryan is head of Creative. BEG him for the sortables and Live Scoring items. Everyone can write him those requests. I'm working and praying the three items I listed above get done and as soon as possible. Then I'll feel better.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Scared $ Dont Make $

Order of Stats

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Plymouth:

LOL. This group is never going to be satisfied and at this point I am just giving up and taking what is out there and will try to get used to it. But having said that, when I work with stats for my projections and my cheat sheet I use the following orders.

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W S K ERA WHIP

Just my personal preference. Plymouth, agreed 10000%!

On team stats, how the he!l is HR and SB at the end. SOrry, but that is borderline retarded.

I am fine with

AB R H HR RBI SB AVG or

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

but what is out there was either derived by someone that has never read fantasy baseball stats

Are they doing this to jerk us around??

Scared $ Dont Make $

Order of Stats

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally posted by Schwartzstops:

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

But I have to prioritize and the Watch List is No. 1 on our list ahead of changing Live Scoring categories again. I feel almost guilty saying this since I started the last 15-page thread, but I think someone mentioned this previously so I'll echo it... is it possible to make this user-customizable?
[/QUOTE]Schwartz, I mentioned that but knowing systems behind the scenes, that would take a fairly large effort to test and implement. But something to work on for next year.

But I know how long things take for applications and switching the order of data on the screen takes about 15 minutes to program. And 15 minutes to take a look at say OK. If they say otherwise then your backend design is total SH!T. Prove me wrong Ryan and I will gladly eat crow.

[ April 16, 2010, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: PantherPride ]

jaybvl

Order of Stats

Post by jaybvl » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Originally posted by PantherPride:

quote:Originally posted by Plymouth:

LOL. This group is never going to be satisfied and at this point I am just giving up and taking what is out there and will try to get used to it. But having said that, when I work with stats for my projections and my cheat sheet I use the following orders.

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W S K ERA WHIP

On team stats, how the he!l is HR and SB at the end. SOrry, but that is borderline retarded.

I am fine with

AB R H HR RBI SB AVG or

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

but what is out there was either derived by someone that has never read fantasy baseball stats

[/QUOTE]You better hope KJ Duke doesn't read this! He will go ballistic. It's his genius idea.

Scared $ Dont Make $

Order of Stats

Post by Scared $ Dont Make $ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 pm

Originally posted by jaybvl:

quote:Originally posted by PantherPride:

quote:Originally posted by Plymouth:

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

IP W S K ERA WHIP

I am fine with

AB R H HR RBI SB AVG or

AB H R HR RBI SB AVG

[/QUOTE]You better hope KJ Duke doesn't read this! He will go ballistic. It's his genius idea.
[/QUOTE]He already went ballistic on me in an earlier thread. I gave up with suggestions because they seem to only listen to the butt kissers that call them on the phone for hours. And he laid out his complete resume on how great he is and why you should listen to his bogus logic.... if what they have published on the site is his idea of good, then he can sell his crap to others because that order is CRAP

JT