Eric Young picked up in FAAB????????

Money

Post by Money » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Hard Heads, That's a very good point. Obviously there are a few who rule these boards and have the ear of the NFBC. They can do no wrong. Integrity (not the NFBC) is somewhat comical by some of those posting.

Just trying to finish in the top 14 of my leagues......
Joe

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Originally posted by Fast Money:

Hard Heads, That's a very good point. Obviously there are a few who rule these boards and have the ear of the NFBC. They can do no wrong. Integrity (not the NFBC) is somewhat comical by some of those posting.

Just trying to finish in the top 14 of my leagues...... Gordon Padilla leads the rallying cry for the enforcement of rules absolutely comical....
Hard Heads

DoubleX

Post by DoubleX » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:01 pm

I am somewhat in the same boat as Glenn. I looked at one league I got him and don't see him being dropped anytime before but that is not my problem.

He was listed in the pool when I got home today after seeing the news I searched for him in the leagues I felt I wanted to get him and could use EY JR and bid heavy on him. I didn't really push any other bids on any 2B/MI guys because of this.

I completely understand the other point of view if he was listed in error but at this point I am screwed if things get changed as are other owners who won him and that isn't fair either. It wasn't our fault.

1. One league I got him in I would take a zero for the week at that position and I know that isn't fair either. Had he not been there I would have bid up one of the other players that got picked up cheap by another owner.

2. Now the rest of the league(s)know that I want him and what I bid as well as the 2nd place bids (yes more than one person bid on him in every league I did)

My absolute favorite part is asterik boy (srebro) poping off more than anyone on this with his track record. Thanks for the laughs man, classic.

Piggy

Post by Piggy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh boy...I feel for ya XX...I will say this,,,nobody is a sure thang in FAAB bidding no matter how much you bid...never take for granted if you bid really high you will for sure get your player,,,I have seen some silly sheet in regardz to crazy large FAAB bidz...contengent bidz should alwayz assume the worst if you absolutely need to fill a position...I have a feeling quite a few more folkz would have bid high for EY had he not been added late after many already had their bids in...man, another bad situation that should not have happened...

DoubleX

Post by DoubleX » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Piggy, thanks man. I am seriously concerned about this situation.

Some of my conditional bids were higher than other peoples bids for other players in some situations and I only looked at one league but this would change three owners rosters if it gets changed at least.

One string was 6 players deep after the Young bid for me and I am honestly way to tired to figure it all out after coaching 4 baseball games in one day.

:confused:

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:39 pm

Originally posted by DoubleX:

My absolute favorite part is asterik boy (srebro) poping off more than anyone on this with his track record. Thanks for the laughs man, classic. for leagues where EY2 was added AFTER the sunday deadline, my favorite part is that people want to pick up and keep EY2 even though it was an illegal pickup ACCORDING TO THE RULES. now you are crying because you can't play by the rules. question my integrity, while clearly you have none! you guys want to see the world in black and white, there you go. some of you guys are world-class hypocrites.

heck, if EY2 was in the pool the whole week, i could see it being okay since everyone knew he was there (even if it was a mistake). but if he was added after the 7am deadline, only a few people knew he was there. sorry.

[ April 26, 2010, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Originally posted by Hard Heads:

Gordon Padilla leads the rallying cry for the enforcement of rules absolutely comical.... good to see you on the boards craig. at least you're not bitching about how you picked up the wrong sweeney, blamed the system, and then wanted Greg to reverse it. integrity level falling quickly craig. sorry.

waiverwire

Post by waiverwire » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 pm

I got Young in both of my Double Play leagues yesterday It never occurred to me to check the transaction history to see if he had been drafted and dropped, or was there in error. I saw him, I bidded, and I adjusted my other bids accordingly. I have no idea of the correct resolution here if he was incorrectly listed, but if those bids are voided, I'm pretty much done with my NFBC experience. How can anyone plan a big strategy against a player list that may or may not be valid?

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:28 pm

Originally posted by waiverwire:

I got Young in both of my Double Play leagues yesterday It never occurred to me to check the transaction history to see if he had been drafted and dropped, or was there in error. I saw him, I bidded, and I adjusted my other bids accordingly. I have no idea of the correct resolution here if he was incorrectly listed, but if those bids are voided, I'm pretty much done with my NFBC experience. How can anyone plan a big strategy against a player list that may or may not be valid? waiver wire - i see your point. when players are in the faab pool, we all expect it to be correct. that's what we were used to with STATS and that's what we expect here.

and your last point is very true. even though the FAAB site is pretty slick now, if it doesn't have the right players in it AND have the right player stats (it was reported they were wrong yesterday), the system is a failure. all the parts need to work together or else we are left with stuff like this thread.

and i have a funny feeling that moving forward we will see minor leaguers get called up and placed in the faab system with the wrong position eligibility.

[ April 26, 2010, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

viper

Post by viper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:02 am

[ April 26, 2010, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: viper ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 am

I got Young in both of my Double Play leagues yesterday It never occurred to me to check the transaction history to see if he had been drafted and dropped, or was there in error. I saw him, I bidded, and I adjusted my other bids accordingly. I have no idea of the correct resolution here if he was incorrectly listed, but if those bids are voided, I'm pretty much done with my NFBC experience. How can anyone plan a big strategy against a player list that may or may not be valid? Good points Waiverwire and what I was saying all night last night.

When I questioned Greg in the Jaso thread as to why EY was available in some leagues and not others, Greg noted that in some leagues he was probably on previous rosters. I figured that must have been the reason...I even stated so. I saw no urgency to check, why would I? My only concern was that all leagues were consistent and Greg had answered my question with a response that made total sense. Never was it noted that there was a likelihood that the player pool had incorrectly added a player, and that if so, that player would be pulled from the pool. If there was a possibility that a player would have been pulled from the pool, it should have been stated there. What other players have been picked up that shouldn't have been? I've already brought up Mackilio in one league last week, someone else noted Jordan Zimmerman remains in the pool. These issues have to be brought up and the players pulled BEFORE the FAAB is finalized, not after.....this still makes no sense to me that its even being considered.

The Jaso thread brings up another point. Why was Jaso's position eligibility changed early evening last night when there are many that missed him as being available at catcher due to his UT eligibility at the Sunday 7AM deadline?. As noted by many in that thread, if someone was looking for a catcher, only checked that position due to no need elsewhere, and didn't check later in the day or see that thread, they would have never known of his availability or catcher eligibility. Yet he was changed to catcher at what.....5-6PM? Isn't that a similar situation to EY's? Again another precedent was set that backs the argument that the EY pickups should not be reversed. In the Jaso thread, I said Jaso should be available at catcher. Here I'm saying EY should be available to be picked up. I'm being consistent. That's all I asked of Fanball in the Jaso thread & that's all I'm asking of them here.

Again, once a decision is made either way, no further arguments or complaints will be made by me. Just please lets make a decision early. I'm off to work now and my availability is limited there.

Glenn

[ April 26, 2010, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Hard Heads

Post by Hard Heads » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:42 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by Hard Heads:

Gordon Padilla leads the rallying cry for the enforcement of rules absolutely comical.... good to see you on the boards craig. at least you're not bitching about how you picked up the wrong sweeney, blamed the system, and then wanted Greg to reverse it. integrity level falling quickly craig. sorry. [/QUOTE]It's all good Mark. Human errors by IT department are always reversable, good thing there have only been 1 or 2 to date. :rolleyes: Obvious human errors caught immediately by certain customers can't be reversed cause we just can't reverse human errors. I am at peace with it now. No worries. Now please go e-mail Greg with something you need done and watch it get fixed no matter how obviously wrong it is. You the man Mark, you the man....
Hard Heads

JamesH

Post by JamesH » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:57 am

This, along with all the other threads about incorrect FAAB, shows that the NFBC and Fanball does not have effective procedures to get FAAB right. These problems effect every team in every league and really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Instead of name calling and bitching I'd like to know what the NFBC plans to do to improve its processes so this shiz stops happening week after week.

waiverwire

Post by waiverwire » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 am

Originally posted by Jules Winnfield:

This, along with all the other threads about incorrect FAAB, shows that the NFBC and Fanball does not have effective procedures to get FAAB right. These problems effect every team in every league and really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Instead of name calling and bitching I'd like to know what the NFBC plans to do to improve its processes so this shiz stops happening week after week. One thing I'd suggest based on the failures up to this point is that in general rules that are prone to human error should be eliminated (although that could be tough, since rules should generally NOT be changed during the season). The rules governing which players are eligible for waiver pickups are a perfect example. The ultimate rule should be that whoever is on the list at a certain time (let's say Thursday morning at 9am Eastern) can be picked up, and that NO additionals will be made between that time and when free agent pickups are processed EVER. You can give guidelines about what roster/draft status players you intend to put on the list, but the ultimate rule should be based on who actually IS on the list. I've played in plenty of fantasy formats where there is no apparent pattern to who is available for pick-up, and nobody gets bent out of shape about it, because everyone knows to just check who's there.

waiverwire

Post by waiverwire » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:07 am

Also worth noting that a reversal at this point is going to lead to lineup problems. People who incorrectly got Young and put him in their lineup would have to replace him...and might not be around to do so by game time tonight.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 am

I'm not even reading the debate here but any player added to the free agent pool illegally is an illegal pickup. I do not know when EYJ was added to the pool but I am trying to find out now and will have to clean up the mess if there is one league by league. That's my job these days. And yes I need to do this immediately, which is why I need the IT department to help me soon. It's definitely not the fault of the owners, but rules are in place for a reason and no player is allowed to be added after 7 am ET on Sunday. I will post here as soon as I know what happened here on Fanball's part, and how many leagues are affected. Sorry to all affected, but stay tuned.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

DOUGHBOYS

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:58 am

The ultimate rule should be that whoever is on the list at a certain time (let's say Thursday morning at 9am Eastern) can be picked up, and that NO additionals will be made between that time and when free agent pickups are processed EVER.We have this rule now.

The only thing done here is changing the time of the deadline.

If the deadline were changed to this suggested time, it wouldn't be long before a Justin Smoak type was elevated to the Bigs on a Friday and there would be a lot of beefs about not being able to bid on him for more than a week.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

DoubleX

Post by DoubleX » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:04 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

quote:Originally posted by Hard Heads:

Gordon Padilla leads the rallying cry for the enforcement of rules absolutely comical.... good to see you on the boards craig. at least you're not bitching about how you picked up the wrong sweeney, blamed the system, and then wanted Greg to reverse it. integrity level falling quickly craig. sorry. [/QUOTE]Sebro talking about integrity is kind of like Ray Carruth and Elijah Dukes becoming spokesman for Women's rights.

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:16 am

My first trip to the Message Board since the start of the season; now I know why that is... :eek:
"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."

DoubleX

Post by DoubleX » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:29 am

Originally posted by Jim Christie:

My first trip to the Message Board since the start of the season; now I know why that is... :eek: Unfortunately it is impossible to know what is going on with this company and the problems with league sites, player pools, etc unless you check the boards. I quit looking at them and later figured out that, as someone else has said a few times somewhere else (DT): It is government by message boards.

waiverwire

Post by waiverwire » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 am

We have this rule now. No, we don't seem to. Greg has said that anyone who picked Eric Young in a league where Young shouldn't have been available will likely have the pick-up backed out.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:04 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

The Jaso thread brings up another point. Why was Jaso's position eligibility changed early evening last night when there are many that missed him as being available at catcher due to his UT eligibility at the Sunday 7AM deadline?. As noted by many in that thread, if someone was looking for a catcher, only checked that position due to no need elsewhere, and didn't check later in the day or see that thread, they would have never known of his availability or catcher eligibility. Yet he was changed to catcher at what.....5-6PM? Isn't that a similar situation to EY's? Again another precedent was set that backs the argument that the EY pickups should not be reversed. In the Jaso thread, I said Jaso should be available at catcher. Here I'm saying EY should be available to be picked up. I'm being consistent. That's all I asked of Fanball in the Jaso thread & that's all I'm asking of them here.I understand Greg's rationale on Jaso: better to have the position (UT vs. C) correct than incorrect. However, in my opinion, the better move would have been to remove Jaso from the pool until the following week. I suppose there would be complaints there, too -- just not as many

With regards to Young, I think Greg has to abide by the 7:00am rule. There's no rule about players NOT being in the free agent pool by 7:00am (a la Mickolio), but there IS a specific rule regarding players added to the pool after that time.

This is a mess anyway you slice it, and I feel sorry for those who were affected. Most of all, I feel bad for Greg, who is once again at the mercy of an imperfect system.

billywaz

Post by billywaz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 am

[ April 27, 2010, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: billywaz ]

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 am

You know what....this really isn't that important, one way or the other.

It's Monday and I'm at work trying to finish up four projects scheduled for completion over the course of the next month and get several others off the ground.

My wife is due a little over a month from now with our twins as well as taking care of my boy.

Men are at my house right now building the twins room and working on various other things that need to be ready for their arrival.

All that's real life. This is a game, though one I enjoy tremendously.

Whatever Greg determines is the right thing for the game is fine by me. I'll abide by the decision one way or the other and move on.

I will say one thing....I intend on winning this thing even if EY is removed from my roster(s)....it'll just make it sweeter. ;)

Good luck to everyone this year...and let's try to have some fun with it.

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:

quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

I understand Greg's rationale on Jaso: better to have the position (UT vs. C) correct than incorrect. However, in my opinion, the better move would have been to remove Jaso from the pool until the following week. I suppose there would be complaints there, too -- just not as many

With regards to Young, I think Greg has to abide by the 7:00am rule. There's no rule about players NOT being in the free agent pool by 7:00am (a la Mickolio), but there IS a specific rule regarding players added to the pool after that time.

This is a mess anyway you slice it, and I feel sorry for those who were affected. Most of all, I feel bad for Greg, who is once again at the mercy of an imperfect system.
[/QUOTE]I've become the janitor here lately, picking up the spills.

Jaso's position eligibility would have had to have been addressed today if not addressed yesterday. He is catcher eligible and would have had to be ruled that way today. There is nothing in the rules that says the position eligibility has to be corrected at a certain time. And pulling him out of free agency that late would have been worse. People were bidding on him to be a catcher and that's what his eligibility was under our rules.

Fanball has admitted that EYJ did get admitted to the pool after 7 am ET and we are addressing each pickup individually now. This can't happen under our rules. I have been told that the system was set up with our rules in mind but he was added anyway. That has been corrected and won't happen again.

Now I have to see how many leagues this affected and deal with it individually. The rules have to be enforced here. That's my job to abide by the rules and enforce them.
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius