Flip Coins?

Dyv

Flip Coins?

Post by Dyv » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:56 am

So... I'm bored. Gekko isn't making bold claims about nipping toes off of innocent swimmers. Anonymous people aren't spraying English all over us... nobody new was accused of using steroids in baseball yet today...

I was checking out the NFBC front page and found the link to all the weekly contest goodies. VERY cool selection of memorabilia.

Just got me thinking - how are my co-manager and I (equal partners) going to figure out a way to tear Pudge Rodriguez's autographed glove in half and share it?

Obviously if I had paid for the whole team and my co-manager was along for the draft it wouldn't matter. But when he's paying for half... hmmm, do we flip coins?

What are YOU going to do with your team?

Curious for ideas - having a hard time with paying half the cash to the other based on 'retail value' !

Conversation and discussion appreciated.

(Greg, you could make this easy by going out and getting twice as much stuff to give out... lol)

Dave
Just Some Guy

Greg Ambrosius

Flip Coins?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:57 am

I think I have the answer to this one. Like every good marriage that looks good at the beginning and is a lot of fun on the day of the wedding (in this case Draft Day), it will come down to a court battle and lawyers making more money off this than the people who were first in love. Giving out twice as many prizes would just result in twice as many legal battles.

I sure hope I'm wrong, but this is sue-happy America, isn't it?

The easiest solution would be to not win anything and just have fun. Leave the big prizes and grand prize money for the single owners. ;) ;)
Greg Ambrosius
Founder, National Fantasy Baseball Championship
General Manager, Consumer Fantasy Games at SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @GregAmbrosius

Top Dawg

Flip Coins?

Post by Top Dawg » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:58 am

You and your partner can decide in advance who gets what weeks (Odd or Even). Since the draft has not yet begun it seems fair to do it that way and nobody will feel they got screwed. Another idea is to have one partner "buy-out" the other partner for say 1/2 the "retail value". This way the guy with the prize at least gave something to the other guy. 1/2 "retail" might be too high, so set a number in advance you can both agree on paying or receiving.

Good luck!

Pete
OK - So I'm not as good as I thought I was; but at least I am consistent.

Jackstraw

Flip Coins?

Post by Jackstraw » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:03 am

Dave... How can you be bored?! I just heard that Bud Selig and Peter Gammons were the newest "stars" to be implicated in the steroid ordeal!
George
Smoky Mtn. Oysters
Chicago 4
Wildwood Weeds
Chicago 650 Mixed League Auction

BB of the Leaderboard

Flip Coins?

Post by BB of the Leaderboard » Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:25 am

What are YOU going to do with your team?

Dave I hadn't thought about it for NFBC, but for that other contest, I was just assuming that my partner would be happy with just the competition and leave all the prizes to me. :D :D :D

B(Or you could keep the certificates of authenticity)B

Dyv

Flip Coins?

Post by Dyv » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:06 am

Originally posted by BB of the Leaderboard:

quote:What are YOU going to do with your team?

Dave I hadn't thought about it for NFBC, but for that other contest, I was just assuming that my partner would be happy with just the competition and leave all the prizes to me. :D :D :D

B(Or you could keep the certificates of authenticity)B
[/QUOTE]LOL - Bruce, the 'other' contest doesn't appear to have weekly prizes so we're given a reprieve on the paper, rock, scissors contest ;)

I will make sure you have the pen they give us, though - you've definitely earned a little extra.

:cool:
Just Some Guy

boywonder

Flip Coins?

Post by boywonder » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:08 am

My partner and I just figured it would be best to win an even number of prizes. Four sounds about right, doesn't it? Then we'd start to flip coins on who gets what