Be Proud Weekend 1!

Gekko

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Gekko » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Who is proud enough to post their main event team from today? Fire away. Maybe you'll get some good comments and/or suggestions to improve your team via FAAB.

DenverDan

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by DenverDan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Gekko

Why don't you go first?

rockitsauce

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by rockitsauce » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:00 pm

the cat. is out. of the bag.

Paul Gromek

Member # 64823

Rate Member posted March 20, 2011 00:21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI, all the Vegas draft boards are up

http://twitter.com/#!/thenfbc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always be closing.

natemarcum

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by natemarcum » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Not a main event team, but from the StL DP Live

Posada

Salty

Tex

Utley/Theriot/Ackley

Andrus

Wright

Dunn

Asdrubal

Pence

Ichiro

Torii

Raburn

Tabata

Manny

Kershaw

Marcum

Romero

Gio

M Minor

Stauffer

Mo Rivera

Hanrahan

Frank Francisco (hurt already)

Aroldis

Johan (prolly gonna dump soon)

Lorenzo Cain

I am pretty satisfied, but would feel better if I can get over 120 games out of Utley. Ideally 150+ would be nice, but I am realistic.

Paul Gromek

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Paul Gromek » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:15 pm

here's my Main Event team (Online 3)

C- Hundley

C- Barajas

1B- Butler

2B- Zobrist

3B- Longoria

SS- A. Cabrera

MI- Brignac

CI- J. Bautista

OF- BJ Upton

OF- Granderson

OF- Markakis

OF- Snider

OF- McLouth

U- Ike Davis

M. Brantley, Eric Young, D. Jennings

SP- Verlander

SP- J Sanchez

SP- G Gonzalez

SP - Zimmerman

SP - E Santana

SP- G Floyd

SP- Carmona

SP - Penny

RP- Kimbrel

RP- Venters

RP- Fuentes

RP- Farnsworth

RP- Meek

Sebadiah23

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:30 pm

Nice that you focused on your obvious weakness with your reserve hitters Paul. Looks good.
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

They are taking pictures of taking pictures
-Don DeLillo
@Sebadiah23, IG:sebadiah26

Paul Gromek

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Paul Gromek » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:34 pm

I'm afraid I might have one too many BA drags on this team...I'm counting on some bouncebacks there obviously.

I'll probably be spending some FAAB money chasing saves over the course of the year too.

Last year was my first year in the Main Event and after suffering a couple injuries I ended up woefully short in the power department. I wanted to make sure that didn't happen this time around.

76erfan

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by 76erfan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:21 am

i didnt have a main event team but i had an auction championship team from friday night. here are the results

C

J. Arencibia

Thole

1B

A. Huff

K.Morales

2B

H. Kendrick

O. Hudson

3B

E. Longoria

W. Betemit

SS

J. Bartlett

C. Pennington

J.Lowrie

OF

C. Gonzalez

J. Bruce

A. McCutchen

N. Morgan

X. Nady

C. Coghlan

DH

H. Matsui

P

J. Garcia

C. Kershaw

B. Arroyo

T. Hanson

K. Gregg

R. Madson

L. Nunez

I. Kennedy

R. Wolf

J. McDonald

R. Wells

J. Saunders

Sebadiah23

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:04 am

I've never seen as creative a work of art as this team I saw in Atlantic City. It's going have to have a method named after it. The drafter definitely had tiger blood. If you attempted to embody his brain for just a couple minutes, you wouldnt be able to take it. You'd want to unplug the bastard. Here it's goes

C- Jesus Montero

C- Hank Conger

1B- Mitch Moreland

2B- Brian Roberts

3B- Brent Morel

SS- Starlin Castro

OF- Chris Young

OF- Alex Gordon

OF- Coghlan

OF- Boesch

MI- Bill Hall,

CI- Jorge Canto

U- Chris Davis

P- Kershaw

P- Latos

P- Colby Lewis

P- Mike Moser

P- Gavin Floyd

P Mike Minor

P- Blanton

P- Valvere

P- garland

P-Penny,

P-Stauffer

P-Garland,

P- Shelphy

Reserve hitters,

Becch
We drove 22 miles, country around Farmington. Signs started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. Cars,tour bus,cameras;postcards sold.

No one sees the barn,

-Don DeLillo

Red Sox Nation-

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Red Sox Nation- » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:25 am

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:

I've never seen as creative a work of art as this team I saw in Atlantic City. It's going have to have a method named after it. The drafter definitely had tiger blood. If you attempted to embody his brain for just a couple minutes, you wouldnt be able to take it. You'd want to unplug the bastard. Here it's goes

C- Jesus Montero

C- Hank Conger

1B- Mitch Moreland

2B- Brian Roberts

3B- Brent Morel

SS- Starlin Castro

OF- Chris Young

OF- Alex Gordon

OF- Coghlan

OF- Boesch

MI- Bill Hall,

CI- Jorge Canto

U- Chris Davis

P- Kershaw

P- Latos

P- Colby Lewis

P- Mike Moser

P- Gavin Floyd

P Mike Minor

P- Blanton

P- Valvere

P- garland

P-Penny,

P-Stauffer

P-Garland,

P- Shelphy

Reserve hitters,

Becch I see 6 bats that will probably not be starting on opening day here. SOLID

Gekko

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 am

I see a Vegas team got:

Sabathia in the 5th

Ethier in the 6th

Morneau in the 7th

Morales in the 9th

Add that to Longoria, Vmart and lester and

WOW!!!!! Looks like morning line favorite so far... :cool:

[ March 20, 2011, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Snord35

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Snord35 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:15 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

I see a Vegas team got:

Sabathia in the 5th

Ethier in the 6th

Morneau in the 7th

Morales in the 9th

WOW!!!!! Looks like morning line favorite so far... :cool: Yes very solid draft. Was shocked to see both Morneau and Morales drop that far and he got both of them! Lets see what he can do with in season moves to keep ahead of everyone.

Sebadiah23

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:42 am

Sorry, writing too quickly. I missed a couple people. 14th spot.

I've never seen as creative a work of art as this team I saw in Atlantic City. It's going have to have a method named after it. The drafter definitely had tiger blood. If you attempted to embody his brain for just a couple minutes, you wouldnt be able to take it. You'd want to unplug the bastard. Here it goes

C- Jesus Montero

C- Hank Conger

1B- Mitch Moreland

2B- Brian Roberts

3B- Brent Morel

SS- Starlin Castro

OF- Chris Young

OF- Dexter Fowler

OF- Alex Gordon

OF- Coghlan

OF- Boesch

MI- Bill Hall,

CI- Jorge Canto

U- Chris Davis

P- Kershaw

P- Latos

P- Colby Lewis

P- Brett Myers

P- Gavin Floyd

P Mike Minor

P- Blanton

P- Valverde

P- Soria

P- garland

P-Penny,

P-Stauffer

P- Shelby Miller

Reserve hitters,

Green, Pie, and some write-in I can't read

[ March 20, 2011, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Sebadiah23 ]

No one sees the barn,

-Don DeLillo

Sebadiah23

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:34 am

Let me just pretend I bought the team from this guy for $13 and I wanted to fix it. I'd have too many pitchers, so I'd drop a couple there. Green and Kipnis, and maybe even conger he has get rid of immediately. This is not a team that can afford to waiting minor leaguers. So if l be scanning 1Bs, OFs, and catchers, and just drop drop drop. Technically our drop limit is 1000 players,

For now the Texas platoon thing is interesting-

If we learned about Baseball HQ's NFBC team last year, its that FAAB is not optional. It's vital.

How many Mike Napoli injuries is this Team 14 away from possibly fielder at both 1B and DH from Texas together. How many Russel Martin injuries? Those things are arguably more LIKELY than UNLUCKY.

He self-handcuffed beyond comprehension, but let's not go overboard.

[ March 20, 2011, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: Sebadiah23 ]

No one sees the barn,

-Don DeLillo

Gekko

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:37 am

i expect to see some stacked teams from that atlantic city league.

Sebadiah23

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:32 am

After round 4-5 the advantage disappated quickly to where you couldn't really tell a difference. For one, it was a strong league to begin with, with many people bumping heads. So no team jumped out from 1-30 as a "holy **** , this isn't happening" type of team. Partly because Team 14 took quite a few round 5--12 guys that would have otherwise gone to others. So rounds 5-12 were not at all dominated by anyone.

No one sees the barn,

-Don DeLillo

Gekko

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 am

After round 4-5 the advantage disappated quickly to where you couldn't really tell a difference. For one, it was a strong league to begin with, with many people bumping heads. So no team jumped out from 1-30 as a "holy **** , this isn't happening" type of team. Partly because Team 14 took quite a few round 5--12 guys that would have otherwise gone to others. So rounds 5-12 were not at all dominated by anyone. the guy have FIVE players in his STARTING lineup that i wouldn't even draft in 30 rounds. 5 of his STARTERS are zeros. of course that is a big edge to other owners.

[ March 20, 2011, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Gekko ]

Jim Christie

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Jim Christie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 am

Sorry, writing too quickly. I missed a couple people. 14th spot.

I've never seen as creative a work of art as this team I saw in Atlantic City. It's going have to have a method named after it. The drafter definitely had tiger blood. If you attempted to embody his brain for just a couple minutes, you wouldnt be able to take it. You'd want to unplug the bastard. Here it goes

C- Jesus Montero

C- Hank Conger

1B- Mitch Moreland

2B- Brian Roberts

3B- Brent Morel

SS- Starlin Castro

OF- Chris Young

OF- Dexter Fowler

OF- Alex Gordon

OF- Coghlan

OF- Boesch

MI- Bill Hall,

CI- Jorge Canto

U- Chris Davis

P- Kershaw

P- Latos

P- Colby Lewis

P- Brett Myers

P- Gavin Floyd

P Mike Minor

P- Blanton

P- Valverde

P- Soria

P- garland

P-Penny,

P-Stauffer

P- Shelby Miller

Reserve hitters,

Green, Pie, and some write-in I can't read Hasn't this team been torn apart on another thread? Man, some people know how to beat a dead horse :eek: :eek: :eek:
"Your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."

Scott Boras

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Scott Boras » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:04 am

Let me just pretend I bought the team from this guy for $13 and I wanted to fix it. I'd have too many pitchers, so I'd drop a couple there. Green and Kipnis, and maybe even conger he has get rid of immediately. This is not a team that can afford to waiting minor leaguers. So if l be scanning 1Bs, OFs, and catchers, and just drop drop drop. Technically our drop limit is 1000 players,

For now the Texas platoon thing is interesting-

If we learned about Baseball HQ's NFBC team last year, its that FAAB is not optional. It's vital.

How many Mike Napoli injuries is this Team 14 away from possibly fielder at both 1B and DH from Texas together. How many Russel Martin injuries? Those things are arguably more LIKELY than UNLUCKY.

He self-handcuffed beyond comprehension, but let's not go overboard. Napoli is only part of the problem. DH is manned by Young. 1B by Moreland. Unless Davis is going to catch, an injury to Napoli wouldn't mean much. Davis really needs TWO injuries to find his way to the lineup consistently. For $13 you better get change.

SlimShady

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by SlimShady » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:29 am

Not a horrible "keeper" team. Obviously (hopefully) its the guys first draft. Posting his team on multiple threads is not necessary. Chances are it will not affect the big picture. Let it go already.
"Green Acres is the place to be"

Scott Boras

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Scott Boras » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:36 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

I see a Vegas team got:

Sabathia in the 5th

Ethier in the 6th

Morneau in the 7th

Morales in the 9th

WOW!!!!! Looks like morning line favorite so far... :cool: I had to look at this team cause it sure did sound good. However,

Owner reached for Andrus in the 4th, he essentially switched the ADP of Andrus and Ethier negating any advantage from the Ethier slip.

Morneau and Morales are potential bargains at 7 and 9 and will likely be the latest either is drafted. Team combined them with at least three Judys in Andrus, Figgins, and Bourn. Does he have enough power to even all 3 out? Might be difficult, even with the big 1B bargains.

Sabathia is good bargain in 5th but he's combined with Lester in the 3rd. These two will face off too many times and only one can win, thus limiting his overall W potential

Sorry to dissect your team, anonymous owner. Still looks pretty good!

Scott Boras

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Scott Boras » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:42 am

Originally posted by SlimShady:

Not a horrible "keeper" team. Obviously (hopefully) its the guys first draft. Posting his team on multiple threads is not necessary. Chances are it will not affect the big picture. Let it go already. 1) This is not a keeper team. Kind of the point.

2) The NFBC is full of sheep (myself included). It's very rare to see such a drastically abnormal draft. Of course it's going to be discussed on the message boards! I don't see any malicious comments. Consensus is he will struggle but that's why they play the games. Lighten up!

SlimShady

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by SlimShady » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:57 am

Originally posted by Scott Boras:

quote:Originally posted by SlimShady:

Not a horrible "keeper" team. Obviously (hopefully) its the guys first draft. Posting his team on multiple threads is not necessary. Chances are it will not affect the big picture. Let it go already. 1) This is not a keeper team. Kind of the point.

2) The NFBC is full of sheep (myself included). It's very rare to see such a drastically abnormal draft. Of course it's going to be discussed on the message boards! I don't see any malicious comments. Consensus is he will struggle but that's why they play the games. Lighten up!
[/QUOTE]Thus the reason for message boards. To express OPINIONS. I am of the opinion that one thread would have been enough to kill this guys draft picks. Two, appears a little overboard. But whatever. Have fun.

(obviously I know its not a keeper league... duh. Just making an observation)

[ March 20, 2011, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: SlimShady ]
"Green Acres is the place to be"

Chest Rockwell

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Chest Rockwell » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:04 am

Originally posted by SlimShady:

quote:Originally posted by Scott Boras:

quote:Originally posted by SlimShady:

[/QUOTE]Thus the reason for message boards. To express OPINIONS. I am of the opinion that one thread would have been enough to kill this guys draft picks. Two, appears a little overboard. But whatever. Have fun.

(obviously I know its not a keeper league... duh. Just making an observation)
[/QUOTE]I am with you shady- terrible draft but move on.... Go discuss more important things like why a bunch of sharks left an outfielder with 2 bad knees, plays in a bad park, and might well kill your batting avg lost until the 20 something round. Maybe we should have moved him up b/c he was able to run 100 feet today. Sounds like a gem of a pick to me....

Gekko

Be Proud Weekend 1!

Post by Gekko » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:10 am

chest - i thought you did a pretty good job of putting together your team