Pujols Injury

Hells Satans

Pujols Injury

Post by Hells Satans » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 am

Wrist on 1B collision. Did not look good. I feel like I'm going to puke. Eff you Wilson Betemit

[ June 19, 2011, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Hells Satans ]

Gekko

Pujols Injury

Post by Gekko » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:12 am

poor throw on defense got him too. got to love the cardinals defense this year!!!

Thunder

Pujols Injury

Post by Thunder » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:37 am

When I saw the replay, I had Cliff Floyd flashbacks
bill cleavenger
BIG BLUE NATION
"we don't rebuild, we reload"

Hells Satans

Pujols Injury

Post by Hells Satans » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 am

Out 4-6 weeks with small fracture per Rosenthal.

I hate baseball.

Dirt Dogs

Pujols Injury

Post by Dirt Dogs » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 am

Pujols

Hanley

1 & 2 overall picks are busts!
A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz. ~Humphrey Bogart

TOXIC ASSETS

Pujols Injury

Post by TOXIC ASSETS » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:02 am

Tough break for Pujols owners, but the guy you ought to be blaming is the guy who threw the ball, not the runner.

Paul Gromek

Pujols Injury

Post by Paul Gromek » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:18 am

it seems like fantasy baseball these days is becoming just a war of attrition

DOUGHBOYS

Pujols Injury

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:

I hate baseball. And no mention of the shoulder that was hurting him.

I'd start the over/under at six weeks.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

Hells Satans

Pujols Injury

Post by Hells Satans » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:51 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:

I hate baseball. And no mention of the shoulder that was hurting him.

I'd start the over/under at six weeks.
[/QUOTE]Turns out the fracture is the forearm, which is much better than the wrist.

Ando

Pujols Injury

Post by Ando » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:12 am

I believe the Cardinals and their truthfulness in disclosing accurate injury information as much as I do Gekko and who he likes for the upcoming FAAB period.
"Luck is the residue of design."

-Branch Rickey

Gekko

Pujols Injury

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am

i realize this post is AFTER poodles got hurt. i hope i don't offend anyone.

the one main event owner who took miggy over poodles at #1 overall must feel pretty justified right about now

DOUGHBOYS

Pujols Injury

Post by DOUGHBOYS » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 am

He was justified in taking Cabrera BEFORE the injury.
On my tombstone-
Wait! I never had the perfect draft!

cugjp1

Pujols Injury

Post by cugjp1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am

How can we continue to let these offensive players in the field? Shouldn't baseball have an offensive and defensive unit. LOL So what rule do we put in place to prevent this from happening.

Chest Rockwell

Pujols Injury

Post by Chest Rockwell » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:00 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

the one main event owner who took miggy over poodles at #1 overall must feel pretty justified right about now If you think your comments offend then maybe it is your reading comprehension skills that need a bit of work.

KJ Duke

Pujols Injury

Post by KJ Duke » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 am

Originally posted by Gekko:

the one main event owner who took miggy over poodles at #1 overall must feel pretty justified right about now Yeah, nice job taking 10th most valuable hitter over the 14th most valuable hitter ... and the 4th best first baseman over the 5th best.

Matt Kemp easily leading the pack to date. Braun is second, 5th-rounder Granderson is 3rd. Adrian is the top 1b and 6th hitter overall after Bautista and Reyes.

Gekko

Pujols Injury

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:23 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

quote:Originally posted by Gekko:

the one main event owner who took miggy over poodles at #1 overall must feel pretty justified right about now Yeah, nice job taking 10th most valuable hitter over the 14th most valuable hitter ... and the 4th best first baseman over the 5th best.

Matt Kemp easily leading the pack to date. Braun is second, 5th-rounder Granderson is 3rd. Adrian is the top 1b and 6th hitter overall after Bautista and Reyes.
[/QUOTE]did any of the players u mention go before poodles in a main event?

ps - poodles ranking will be falling over the next 6 weeks

Gekko

Pujols Injury

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:26 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:

He was justified in taking Cabrera BEFORE the injury. i tend to think moreso now

Gekko

Pujols Injury

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 am

Originally posted by Chest Rockwell:

the one main event owner who took miggy over poodles at #1 overall must feel pretty justified right about now If you think your comments offend then maybe it is your reading comprehension skills that need a bit of work.
[/QUOTE]maybe not

Glenneration X

Pujols Injury

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:51 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:

I hate baseball. In a year where injury after injury have just decimated way too many of my teams, this one just feels like the worst by far. I actually feel pain right now. My AC Main Event, Auction Championship, & SCL teams all take a devastating blow and yeah, I hate baseball too. I mean I really ******* hate this game.

As far as the guy who's happy that he took Cabrera over Pujols, who gives a ****.

Gekko

Pujols Injury

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

[/QUOTE]hey duke - i just looked at the top 10 overall and saw you have a team in there!! GREAT START!!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! :cool:

Gekko

Pujols Injury

Post by Gekko » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

In a year where injury after injury have just decimated way too many of my teams, this one just feels like the worst by far. I actually feel pain right now. My AC Main Event, Auction Championship, & SCL teams all take a devastating blow and yeah, I hate baseball too. I mean I really ******* hate this game.

As far as the guy who's happy that he took Cabrera over Pujols, who gives a ****. glenn - i hear you. seems like lots of injuries this year. some years we get lucky and miss the major ones. some years we get unlucky and hit the major ones. hang in there. you are a good owner and hopefully will be able to weather the storm. poodles is playing for a new contract so he has every reason to get healthy and back on the field ASAP

rkulaski

Pujols Injury

Post by rkulaski » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:

I hate baseball. In a year where injury after injury have just decimated way too many of my teams, this one just feels like the worst by far. I actually feel pain right now. My AC Main Event, Auction Championship, & SCL teams all take a devastating blow and yeah, I hate baseball too. I mean I really ******* hate this game.

As far as the guy who's happy that he took Cabrera over Pujols, who gives a ****.
[/QUOTE]In a year where DL stints are up,

owning lots of fantasy teams =

owning lots of different players =

dealing with more injuries than ever before

(in all likelihood)
Richard Kulaski
Fairview, TN

Glenneration X

Pujols Injury

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Rich, you're probably right. I must just be feeling this injury crunch solely because I have a lot of teams and therefore mathematically am dealing with more injuries. Makes sense and I probably should stop my bitching. Still, just to make sure you are right, I'll take a quick look at only the four NFBC teams I'm most invested in.......

Ultimate - My #1 pick and best hitter already out for a month with another month likely on the sidelines, my #2 drafted pitcher out since the the 2nd week of the season and since dropped, a total of 7 drafted players having been put on the disabled list at some point this year since drafted. Bad? Nah, I agree that's nothing.

AC Main Event - My #1 pick and best hitter out for the next 4-6 weeks, my #1 drafted pitcher already out for a month and on the 60 day DL, a total of 11 drafted players and one $278 FAAB pickup having been placed on the disabled list since rostered so far. Definately worse, but still nothing to complain about. Right?

Auction Championship - My most expensive and best hitter out for the next 4-6 weeks, my 2nd most expensive and 2nd best hitter already out for a month with another month to go, my most expensive and best pitcher on the 60 day DL, a total of 12 of my drafted starters and 2 of my 3 best FAAB pickups having been placed on the disabled list since drafted, seven remaining players still currently on the DL, five that cost me $113 at the auction, the other two triple digits in FAAB. Hmmm, I'm starting to feel worse, can I bitch yet? No, didn't think so.

NYC Main Event - My #1 draft pick and best hitter out for a month with a month to go, a total of 11 drafted players having spent time this year on the DL since draft day, 9 of them still on the DL with another day to day and pending a DL stint, of those 11 players who've spent time on the DL, a disgusting 7 were taken in my first 13 picks with 6 of those 7 still injured, 5 of them for a month already with no end in sight, 2 of those season ending. Can I complain yet please??

Rich, it's been a bad injury year for everyone. There might be some teams out there with teams as important to them with injury issues as bad or even much worse than what I'm complaining about. I'm sure there are. If they want to bitch, I certainly wouldn't minimize their right to vent. That's part of why these boards are here, to vent to those who get why you're venting. Lord knows my wife doesn't. For me, the injury issues I've dealt with this year feel above and beyond, whether they really are or not. For me, the chances of the teams I most care about feel like they've been hurt by those injuries, whether they really have or haven't. Seriously, if I can't complain when amongst my Main Events, Auction squad, & Ultimate, I've lost Pujols for two of those teams, Josh Johnson for two, David Wright for three, and Buster Posey for the season along with dozens of other injuries, when am I allowed to complain? Please excuse my venting, but when it comes to these injuries, it makes me feel better when I do.

Mark, I hope you're right. Next year should be a fun season if you are. ;)

[ June 21, 2011, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Glenneration X

Pujols Injury

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:10 pm

The logo for the 2011 NFBC fantasy baseball season....

[ June 21, 2011, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

FFBL23

Pujols Injury

Post by FFBL23 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Glenn,

I know one league where the Pujols injury doesn't bother you. :eek: